Questions from a returning player

Seweryn

Heya all,
1. So how many reincarnations do I really need to do? I need 2 to get 36 build points characters. Do I really need to do more character reincarnations than 2?
Do past life feats really make a huge impact?
2. When exactly it is worth buying stat tomes? I mean if I reincarnate do I lose the bonus provided by it?
3. So do you have any recommended adventures from low level to level 30 so I can do true reincarnation?
Thanks for the replies,
Cheers,

kylstrem

1. Thats a big debate. Depends on your play style and levels of OCD😀 getting to 36 point build is good. Then you can decide what you want or like.

2. Stat tomes are permanent. They last through all reincarnation. Up to you to decide how much they are worth to your play style

3. Unless you picked an Iconic Race for your current "life" you can True Reincarnate at Level 20

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
You don't NEED to reincarnate at all. A good first life build goes a long way with the proper equipment.
Just play the quests that you own and that are in your level range. Maybe have a look at the Favor reward list. Maybe you can pick up something nice.
My advice to new players, have two characters. 1 at lvl 32/endgame and 1 for TRs. That way you got variety. You can do some raids and farm equipment on the one hand and play the game in different ways with different classes on the other.

Cheers,
Titus.

LeoLionxxx

Lion of Orien
1. So how many reincarnations do I really need to do? I need 2 to get 36 build points characters. Do I really need to do more character reincarnations than 2?
Do past life feats really make a huge impact?
"Need" is a strong word. One of my raid group's top performers is a 28 build first-lifer.

I recommend focusing on the leveling journey instead of the 3rd-life-as-destination.

Player skill, player knowlege, and gear are a lot more important for performing well.

2. When exactly it is worth buying stat tomes? I mean if I reincarnate do I lose the bonus provided by it?

Stat tomes were changed several years ago to be permanent. Eat them as soon as you like!

3. So do you have any recommended adventures from low level to level 30 so I can do true reincarnation?
Thanks for the replies,
Cheers,
As kylstrem said, you only need LV 20 to TR back to 1 and get to the next build-point-level.

Some standout F2P fun or good XP quests which come to mind are:

- Kobold Ringleader (lv 2 harbor)
- Quests in House K tavern (lv 5-7, gets you bank space)
- Gwelend's Stand (lv 7 House P)
- The Tear of Dhakaan (lv 7 House P)
- Diplomatic Impunity Chain (3 quests, lv 12, has good updated gear)
- Lords of Dust Chain (lv 16, 4 quests, starting in Harbor; lets you access a nice sunny place)

Seweryn

- Kobold Ringleader (lv 2 harbor)
- Quests in House K tavern (lv 5-7, gets you bank space)
- Gwelend's Stand (lv 7 House P)
- The Tear of Dhakaan (lv 7 House P)
- Diplomatic Impunity Chain (3 quests, lv 12, has good updated gear)
- Lords of Dust Chain (lv 16, 4 quests, starting in Harbor; lets you access a nice sunny place)
To clarify:
I am currently VIP plus I bought "Menance of the Underdark" and "Shadowfell Conspiracy" expansions in the past.
Stat tomes were changed several years ago to be permanent. Eat them as soon as you like!
Good to know.
Thanks,

You got me I decided to create a morning lord iconic hero. Just liked the name and the lore behind it.

h46av8r

Last edited:

Br4d

1. Definitely worth getting 36 pt builds. Everything else is to taste. If you are not planning to raid with a top raiding guild you don't need any other past lives.

2. If you are planning just to play this character and have the money to spare buy a +8 Supreme Tome. It's going to make a huge difference in terms of character power and build availability. If you're playing casually you will likely get free +2 tomes over time and maybe +5 tomes if you go to 5000 favor in your lives. It's approximately $50 per character for the +8 Supreme Tomes so not something most people want to routinely do.

3. Mists of Ravenloft is definitely worth the purchase. Best content SSG has ever put out for DDO. Also you get a freebie weapon at 10 and 29 that are worth using at least situationally for many levels. You probably just want to buy it in the DDO Store for points since you already have most of the other DDO Expansion Trove content.