Quick question - strange legacy items

Levina

NgD3Pgi.jpg

Wat do?
Destroy? Craft? Eat? Sit on? Convert to a pet and hope for the best?

Levina

That depends on the boots. If it has 1 or 2 augment slots it might be worth it. Otherwise it is not.

so basically just waiting will not return whatever enchantments they had that merited their existence, got it thanks

PaleFox

Looks to me like these boots were stripped from their enchantments with the old crafting system.
Or possibly one of those rare old items that had nothing on them to begin with.

TrinityTurtle

Looks to me like these boots were stripped from their enchantments with the old crafting system.
This is possible, i'm rediculously unlucky with loot tables and got plain blank things all the time back in the day. And my guildies used to laugh so hard and the endless string of warforge-race locked necklaces of underwater action and poison immunity I would pull with stupidly high umds so the rogues who had to care about air and poison didn't want. Loot tables be a strange beast in this game, and I was not sorry to see the race locked items go.

Buddha5440

It would be somewhat cool if they added general clothing/armor/weapon items of the mobs in some of their collectable bags (when they drop). It could open up a new dev spot for someone solely working on different cosmetics so we could glammer them.

FaustianBargain

the endless string of warforge-race locked necklaces of underwater action and poison immunity I would pull
I forgot about some of the crazy combos like that. Sometimes it resulted in wildly useless things, sometimes it was a strangely helpful combo that gave you a + bonus on a useful skill four or five levels before you’d normally get that bonus.

TrinityTurtle

I forgot about some of the crazy combos like that. Sometimes it resulted in wildly useless things, sometimes it was a strangely helpful combo that gave you a + bonus on a useful skill four or five levels before you’d normally get that bonus.
One of my friends kept a dwarf-required docent as a conversation piece in our pugs to show off. It garnered much laughter. :)

Levina

i had about nine items that went blank that i was absolutely sure were top-tier on an alt i hadn't messed with in years. i don't keep blanks. so those items were destroyed by the devs doing whatever they did and since they don't tend to do any kind of item replacements i just counted them as lost.

While you can never go wrong with nuking it from orbit, turning it into a pet is probably a good solution as that has never led to anything disastrous right?

The lack of magical stats combined with the very low durability makes me think this is an item that was keyed for crafting under the old CC system and had a guild slot on it.

After items with guild slots were converted to clear augment slots I found two items that were very much like that one, one a weapon and one was a cloak I believe. When I saw them they had no stats, nothing to indicate they were keyed for crafting and horribly low durability. When I was going over converted guild augment slot items after that patch I was puzzled at first because they were on a character that should have only had guild augment slot items stored on it but as they had no clear augment slot I figured they just got messed up during the conversion. That strangeness did get them an inventory spot for awhile longer just incase something magical happened to them unlike the rest of the items that were changed to clear augment slots.

Levina

While you can never go wrong with nuking it from orbit, turning it into a pet is probably a good solution as that has never led to anything disastrous right?

The lack of magical stats combined with the very low durability makes me think this is an item that was keyed for crafting under the old CC system and had a guild slot on it.

After items with guild slots were converted to clear augment slots I found two items that were very much like that one, one a weapon and one was a cloak I believe. When I saw them they had no stats, nothing to indicate they were keyed for crafting and horribly low durability. When I was going over converted guild augment slot items after that patch I was puzzled at first because they were on a character that should have only had guild augment slot items stored on it but as they had no clear augment slot I figured they just got messed up during the conversion. That strangeness did get them an inventory spot for awhile longer just incase something magical happened to them unlike the rest of the items that were changed to clear augment slots.

this is most likely the very situation i am having, as i did have large guild augment keyed items stored on some of my characters.