Random Gen Specials - Fashion Second hand?

Aelonwy

My general idea is sometimes I pick up some random gen armor or cloak gems but they aren't really my taste. I can just tell they are special because of either co-ordination of base + accessory layer or co-ordination of colors or either rareness of aesthetic or rareness of color. I want them to be free on a first ask/first serve basis, and obviously I would decline anyone asking for everything... and probably remove image after something is taken. Also I wouldn't keep something forever, but a reasonable couple of weeks I guess. Getting a random gen gem doesn't happen quite often enough that my haggle-bard's inventory is overflowing with items that look cool but I don't want for myself.

I am unsure if I should post this here or Thelanis Marketplace. I'm guessing here for people interested in cosmetics, however, I almost exclusively play on Thelanis so most of what I pick up would be there. Certainly, I would not nay-say people that want to post items up for grabs from their own servers.

Like a little fashion second hand gifting?

Aelonwy

I'll start. I was holding on to these in case my kids or hubby was at all interested but no one wanted them:

2BvgRs6.jpg
Lg3V14Z.jpg

Looks better on a full figured character like half orc, Pdk, or Dragonborn

wQGxYzD.jpg
3gotnao.jpg

Pink-ish Brown Rogue Leathers

6XFHicw.jpg
SwR8DLL.jpg

Nice Wizard Combo

gDL2kAF.jpg
jELiyaM.jpg

Acid Sorc or Acid Warlock maybe?

JQyJG8v.jpg
0zlPPs0.jpg

Palemaster? NecroWarlock or Dark Apostate style

All on Thelanis of course, my haggle-bard is Aelyrra so send her a tell if you see one you like.

EDIT: No one wanted or contacted me about the above^ items so they have since been pawned. New items will be posted later in thread. Contact Aelyrra (Thelanis only) if you want anything posted by me in this thread. Free, first request - first serve basis.

Last edited:

nenetteblackmoor

If anyone knows, please tell me.

All the quests I know that drop old-type armor are B2A.
Are there any quests left that drop non-bind old armor?

Aelonwy

Hmmm let's see right now we still have old-type armor off the Water Works end quest chain, Tangleroot Gorge end quest chain, Sharn Syndicate quest rewards, Sorrowdusk end quest chain, Red Fens end quest rewards and chain end reward? Those are all BTA. I'm not sure about Restless Isles its been a good long while since I've been there but its an old pack. Threnal end quest rewards, new or old? I want to say the stuff on them is new random gen. Threnal end chain would be BTA, right? That leaves... Inspired Quarter? Reaver's Refuge? Its been long enough that I don't even remember what Reaver's Refuge quest rewards look like. IQ only has BTA stuff on the chain reward but the end quest rewards are new random gen right?

I'm sorry Nenette the only ones of which I am certain are all BTA, you could test yourself if Threnal, Restless Isles, Reaver's Refuge and IQ quest rewards are new or old random gen. Those are the only ones I can of that might have a chance of being old random gen that could be unbound.

Zavina

Ms Stabby Stabby
I'll do the same on Orien
Those are the only ones I can of that might have a chance of being old random gen that could be unbound.

I've got a muleship & alt dedicated to ancient randomgen armor, being elven chain mail (not the named version); steel shields, darkleaf and darkweave. Even have some blueshine armor too. Usually if I come across this old armor, it's often permanent damaged. So i clean it up (restoration oil) and it's sealed away forever.

Also, i have a muleship dedicated for legacy ToEE too (weapons and armor).

When I have time, I don't mind going through them and taking snapshots. But that won't be until June as I'm swamped.

nenetteblackmoor

Hmmm let's see right now we still have old-type armor off the Water Works end quest chain, Tangleroot Gorge end quest chain, Sharn Syndicate quest rewards, Sorrowdusk end quest chain, Red Fens end quest rewards and chain end reward? Those are all BTA. I'm not sure about Restless Isles its been a good long while since I've been there but its an old pack. Threnal end quest rewards, new or old? I want to say the stuff on them is new random gen. Threnal end chain would be BTA, right? That leaves... Inspired Quarter? Reaver's Refuge? Its been long enough that I don't even remember what Reaver's Refuge quest rewards look like. IQ only has BTA stuff on the chain reward but the end quest rewards are new random gen right?

I'm sorry Nenette the only ones of which I am certain are all BTA, you could test yourself if Threnal, Restless Isles, Reaver's Refuge and IQ quest rewards are new or old random gen. Those are the only ones I can of that might have a chance of being old random gen that could be unbound.

Thank you for your response.
It seems impossible to obtain unbound Old type armor after all.

jAYLH1E.jpg

I'm saddened by the absence of the combination of a robe and full plate mail from the current selection of Named items.(except for Silkenmail)

Last edited:

Aelonwy

No one from Thelanis wanted any of the first batch so I will post up some new ones, today or tomorrow, that I've picked up since. Maybe I'll just post what they look like from the front this time.

Arthuvin

Thank you for your response.
It seems impossible to obtain unbound Old type armor after all.

jAYLH1E.jpg

I'm saddened by the absence of the combination of a robe and full plate mail from the current selection of Named items.(except for Silkenmail)
The first chest guard is my favourite one. I'd like to see more colors of the full version of this armor

Aelonwy

New items on Aelyrra (Thelanis):

RUsM18c.jpg

I get this one fairly often, it has a gunslinger look to it maybe because of the tilted belt. Probably would pair well with the Explorer's Hat https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Explorer's_Hat

6LUtkPx.jpg

Just plate armor but looks heavy-duty/field ready.

HpVldFJ.jpg

Not my colors but looks co-ordinated.

jkRQnWf.jpg

Again, not my colors, but a nice blend of blues, greens and yellows.

Tdx8z2o.jpg
RUkrzPK.jpg

I have both of these, picked up a day apart, one has the matching upper accessory layer in brown the other in dark red.

Finally, I'm not keeping the one below to hand out. I'm only posting it (and keeping the image) as a representation of exactly what I mean when I say that a lot... an awful plethora of DDO random gen armor looks like trash cobbled together from cast-offs in a back alley.

Behold the back alley rubbish that someone designed and someone else said this is good enough for our players:
gZJp9fQ.jpg

Aelonwy

Okay, zero interest in the 2nd batch so I'll post what interesting items I've picked up in the meantime later today. The ones above will be deconned. Keeping the trash pic though, not the item, for later use.