Range Build

DDO Noob

Pluck because it works with repeater (4 times the effects).

I think it also works with improved precise.
That's a strong argument for Pluck. Assuming you're playing an Artificer, how does Pluck compare to epic strike Galvanic Blast and its upgrade from the Machrotechnic tree that will do an AOE blast around you using Electric spell power and potentially stuns those that manage to move within melee range of you? Anyone have experience using both of these for comparison?

Bardo

Shatter defenses and Thunder-shock weapons in BE tree also works with all shots of a repeater, and both are also AOE strikes. I'm using both along with The Pluck of a String+Arrow of Discord and finding that groups of enemies are melted. Also, not sure about this but The Rythm to Reign seems to proc on every shot.

Fisto Mk I

Assuming for a ranged build, you'd use Epic Strike from Fatesinger, that would be "The Pluck of a String" which is 5s CD, not 2s CD. That is unless the wiki is wrong. That's still 3 times faster than 15s CD, so Fatesinger is still the better choice. Or is it assumed that you ignore the ranged option and use the Fatesinger Epic Strike spell option, which is indeed 2s CD?
Yea, you correct, "The Pluck of a String" and 5s CD. Spell Strike is for Feylocks. Additionally, Pluck works for whole bolts volley, not only for 1st. 8)

Mickeymouse

I´m a big fan of meld-version Shadowstrike/Pin. Varies on situation of course.. but not sure if its as applicable to Artis as it would be for monk/rogue-ranged and inqs; Not sure if Artis can get a reasonable dodge cap base to make it work as effective as I currently see it on live.

NGL, main reason I do not like 'pluck' as an option is that Fatesinger tree simply stinks for any version of ranged that I would consider playing.

droid327

Pluck is not great but is only 5 seconds cooldown, add a couple of sonic damage in top of the physical damage and is helpful against some enemies with high prr. Pin is good as a emergency CC and its aoe started to work a lot better the last week i usually alternate between both depending on situation.

The real reason Pluck is great is because its +30% damage and +4 Range on a 5 sec CD

Because repeaters generally do 5 attacks every 6 secs, Pluck would represent as much as 20% of your total attacks. 20% * 0.3 = 6% boost to your overall base DPS

Then factor in +4 Range on a x3 weapon = 40% bonus crit dam * 20% = another 8% to your total DPS

Abax11

Wasn't considering repeaters when i wrote that my bad. But still that was my idea, is not a lot of damage but the low cooldown makes it great to use while other habilities are on cooldown or doing something else and still found the sonic damage useful againsts certain monsters.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
That's a strong argument for Pluck. Assuming you're playing an Artificer, how does Pluck compare to epic strike Galvanic Blast and its upgrade from the Machrotechnic tree that will do an AOE blast around you using Electric spell power and potentially stuns those that manage to move within melee range of you? Anyone have experience using both of these for comparison?
Funny enough, I just got the macrotechnic tree and etr'ed into bubble build over the weekend. But to level up I took galvanic+hammer and primal stormcatcher+thundersnow with sky mantle and lightning runearm. At level 20 they are destroying everything even though I'm using melee spec. I can only imagine what would be happening if I was spec'ed into casting. So I would argue if caster go macro strikes.

But if you are pew pew pew pew (that's 4xpew) you gotta go fatesinger. There is literally no comparison after hunt ... ended (pun intended).

DDO Noob

Funny enough, I just got the macrotechnic tree and etr'ed into bubble build over the weekend. But to level up I took galvanic+hammer and primal stormcatcher+thundersnow with sky mantle and lightning runearm. At level 20 they are destroying everything even though I'm using melee spec. I can only imagine what would be happening if I was spec'ed into casting. So I would argue if caster go macro strikes.

But if you are pew pew pew pew (that's 4xpew) you gotta go fatesinger. There is literally no comparison after hunt ... ended (pun intended).
Nice to hear that galvanic+hammer is strong at level 20. Please let us know if they still perform well once you hit legendary levels.

Nahual

Why not? The first-life iteration would be something like:
  • INT 18 (+level-ups) DEX 16 (+3 tome for IPS) CON 16; or skip IPS like that build, dump DEX to 13 for Precision, pump up CON
  • 41 Battle Engineer / 17 Warforged / 11 Harper Agent / 11 Vistani Knife Fighter
  • 38 Shiradi / 14 Fatesinger / 11 Shadowdancer (or drop SD, swap Mithral Body for Adamantine Body, and maybe put those points into Macrotechnic)
You have to make compromises compared to a 98 AP / 75 EDP endgame build, of course, but nothing hinges on having that many points to spend AFAICT.
You won't get access to the Soldier of the Feaith feat, which is the main reason for taking the extend. This leaves you with two extra feats to choose.

droid327

You won't get access to the Soldier of the Feaith feat, which is the main reason for taking the extend. This leaves you with two extra feats to choose.

I dont get that feat strategy...Drop WF: Ranged, Extend, and Soldier, pick up Dodge Mobility and Shot on the Run. Thats 5% Dodge 2 MDB and 6 RP, vs 2 RP and +3 damage, and you dont have to manage an annoying 5 min buff.

Hakoist

I dont get that feat strategy...Drop WF: Ranged, Extend, and Soldier, pick up Dodge Mobility and Shot on the Run. Thats 5% Dodge 2 MDB and 6 RP, vs 2 RP and +3 damage, and you dont have to manage an annoying 5 min buff.
I hope I see this post a bit earlier.
I ER and pick WF: ranged, IPS and single weapon fighting yesterday 😂

Regret picking IPS, archer focus is much easier to use.

droid327

I hope I see this post a bit earlier.
I ER and pick WF: ranged, IPS and single weapon fighting yesterday 😂

Regret picking IPS, archer focus is much easier to use.

IPS isnt bad, its still useful AOE. You just have to learn to kite-circle and manually fire (hit F1 to target yourself and you can aim your shots FPS-style). Its maybe less important for Bow builds that have lots of other AOE shot options, but for Inqui builds its still your best bet for multihit, and probably still useful for RXB too since you only get the 2 AOEs that work with full volleys. Except for raids, of course, where obviously multihit isnt as valuable anymore.

SWF is worth extra HP so that's not bad if you have the extra feats

WF: Ranged you can easily swap out at Fred for something more useful

Rig O Mortis

Assuming you don't mind multiclassing, everyone seems to be running arti 12/wizard 6/rogue 2 imbue build with repeater, expanded clip and fatesinger ranged strikes for endgame.
So...how might everyone be building this arti 12, wizard 6, rogue 2 imbue repeater build with expanded clip and FS strikes for endgame? Would appreciate some direction on this build.