Reaper Endgame Centered Dragon Lord

Dragxon

Can't you get offhand chance from both DL & SF trees? may be that you need to give up something, but opens using any race. I personally like Horc for helpless + hit & dmg on all weapons

They are supposed to be antirequisites that was fixed in update 67. Now if that happened I don't know.

Oliphant

I haven't focused on melee or STR very much. It goes over my head how you get your STR to 114.

warlock player

I have tried a couple Dragon Lord builds since the update and this has been the highest dps build of them and probably the best raid dps build I have played period. Its not quite as good in R10s as the top tier dps but it is right below them.

This not a new player friendly build and very skill intensive because you need to play very well to survive situations as it is a squishy build.

My current mentality for builds is that it should strength based and either be raging for the extra strength or be centered in master of sun stance for the extra crit multi on 19-20. This build came from that rule and I am very happy with it.

Aasimar 14 Sacred Fist, 5 Dragon Lord, 1 Monk, GMoF (36), SD (23), FS (14)

These are my stats self buffed.

Other important dps numbers.

Enhancements:

The Dragon Lord tree is really strong and also really cheap so you can pretty much grab all of it. The Sacred Fist tree is also very nice as it gives move speed, offhand strike chance, and probably the best imbue. The tier 4 Sacred Fist imbue is very important to get because it changes the imbue from fire to light damage.
I have been testing dropping Vistani for even more points in Sacred Fist and a couple in Harper but its about the same either way.

Feats
1Power Attack
3Follower of the Sovereign Host
6WF Slashing
9Improved Crit Slashing
12ITWF
15GTWF
18Adept Forms
MonkTWF
FighterTWF Defense
FighterKnight's Training
21Master Forms
22PTWF
24Overwhelming Crit
25Crush Weakness
27WS Slashing
28Doublestrike
30Child of Faith
30Scion of Arborea
31Embodiment of Law

I took Monk at level 5 and Fighter level 13-17 but this is not the optimal order for leveling/feats.

Epic Destinies:

I am using the GMoF mantle and the Fatesinger epic strike. With the full 75 points I would grab another 10 mrr cap from GMoF.
I have tried out many of the epic strikes and The Sword Sings has been the one I am most impressed with.

Gear:
14 Sacred Fist 5 Dragonlord 1 MonkAugmentsSet Bonus
BodyDino 3% Profane DS, Profane SA, 5% Dodge Bypass2 Profane SA Dice3% Profane DS5% Dodge Bypass2Dread Stalker
EyesLegendary Eternal Flameguard's LensesDeadly 11Q Deadly 315% DS3% Q DS1Legendary Temple's Inferno
HeadDino Int 14, Seeker, Relentless FuryInt 14Seeker 14Relentless Fury2Dread Stalker
NeckDino Art Str 15, Acc 23, 17 Stunning, 23% APStr 15Accuracy 23Stunning 1723% AP3The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse
TrinketLegendary Gem of Many Facets153% Fortification36% Electric AbsorptionIns PRR 171Legendary Raven's Eye
BackLegendary Dread Stalker's CloakGhostlyDex 14Ins Deception 5Ins Seeker 62Dread Stalker
WaistLegendary Belt of the RamRam's MightSpeed 30%Q Str 3Con 131Eminence of Summer
HandsLegendary Raven's TalonsDex 13Bluff 20Seeker 13Deception 112Legendary Raven's Eye
FeetLegendary Magma WadersSpeed 30%36% Fire AbsorptionFire Resistance 53Wis 142The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse
Ring 1Legendary Lionheart RingStunning 15Action Boosts9% Ins APIns Con 61Eminence of Summer
Ring 2Legendary Signet Ring of the SkyDevotion 149Radiance 149Nullification 1492The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse
WristsLegendary Vambrace of the Summer CourtIns Seeker 66% Ins DSExtra SmiteCha 131Eminence of Summer
WeaponDino LongswordIcescaleMeltfangFlameclawMelthorn2The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse
Off HandDino LongswordIcescaleIcefangMeltclawShadowhorn2The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse
FiligreesRaid +2 Str Rarex2
Sucker Punch MP Rare
Shattered Device MP Rarex2
Shattered Device: Attack and Damage
Shattered Device: Strength
Treachery MP Rarex2
Treachery Threat Reduction Rare
The Long Shadow: MP Rarex2
The Long Shadow: Attack and Damage
Snowpeak's Gifts: Imbue Dice
AugmentsDeconstructorx2
Feareaterx2
Hit Points +54
Dodge +12%
Melee/Ranged Power +10
Emerald of Arcane Empowerment
Ravil's Book of Legendary Recipes
Resistance +11
Heal/Neg./Rep. Amplification +57
PRR and MRR +36
Diamond of Festive Strength +2
Diamond of Festive Constitution +2
Globe of True Imperial Blood
Sapphire of Greater Heroism
Sapphire of Good Luck +3
Emerald of Greater Smiting
Legendary Undying Sapphire
Legendary Sapphire of Riposte
Insightful Strength +5
Feather Falling
Insightful Charisma +5

I have been very happy with this gearset for basically any strength based melee and find it beats out vecna gear dps wise though it is a little squisher. The other good thing is that it only requires a single roll on the gem of many facets for Raven's Eye.
The filigrees are getting some extra imbue dice but you can also just wear prowess all the time if you dont want to swap. If you use prowess fulltime drop 1 treachery MP, the long shadow, and the snowpeaks.

Pros:
Very high DPS and lots of debuffs (Dust, Ooze, Vuln, Shattered Device, Bring Darkness)
Good CC with mid 130s Dragon Roar and 140 ish Blade of Discord
Lots of Absorption (75% fire absorption, 60% electric absorption, 15% evil and chaos absorption)
Lay on Hands and Healing Hands for emergency healing

Cons:
Squishy (70 Mrr, low Prr, and only split the soul as temp dodge)
Low AOE Damage (Only 2 Cleaves)
Lots of around 1 minute temp buffs (Sanctified Fervor Buff, Tensors, Prayer, Divine Purpose)
No Temp HP from rages

Thanks for reading and I will try to answer any questions.
wait why WF slashing and now bludgeoning???????

And also I mean for r10's you want helpless / cc / AoE attack for trash mobs so yea single target dps like this would fall behind a THF builds and such (alchemists *puke*) in kill count naturally, but this looks a solid build!!

I might try this actually, after I'm done with current grind... (dark hunter iconic)

Last edited:
Pardon my ignorance - how do you stay centered w/ longswords, I don't see WSS on the feat list. Is it because Sovereign Host makes it a favored weapon?

From what I can see there are two alterations this build may benefit from:
  • The augments show a Sapphire of Good Luck +3 being slotted, but this build has Prayer and will eventually be able to use it at caster level 20, resulting in a +5 Luck Bonus to damage/skills/saves. Is there a better augment that could be slotted?
  • Would the weapon choice of a Vistani centered Kukri serve this build better than Longsword? The base damage of the Kukri is lower, but the critical profile (14-20/x4 vs 16-20/x5) should favor the Kukri.
    • Base damage of a Dino Kukri is about -13.5 dmg (6.45[1d8+3] vs 6.45[1d4+3])
    • But Vistani Deadly Blades adds back +5.5 dmg (+1[W]) and you have 3 extra feats because you won't need Knight's Training or the Favored Weapon Feats
    • The loss of the Favored Weapon damage is -4 dmg (Child of Faith, Sacred Strike I & II) is gained back as +4 dmg in the Vistani Enhancements (Vistani Core I, Vistani Knife Training I & II)
    • One of those 3 available feats can be repurposed to getting Improved Martial Arts at level 21 for +2.75 dmg (+0.5[W])
    • After adding in the STR bonus, +15 weapon enhancement, and the plethora of other damage bonuses (Deadly, Deception, Power Attack, etc) that should have a main-hand base physical damage of around 187 on the Kukri and 192 for the Longsword. This puts the Kukri about 2.5% base physical damage behind the Longsword.
    • However, this build seems to have a high fortification bypass and should be able to use the Kukri's +135% critical damage profile (14-20/x4; 19-20/x7) to surpass the Longsword's +130% critical damage profile (16-20/x5; 19-20/x8), balancing out the loss in base physical damage.
    • Lastly, factor in Sacred Fist's unique ability to have an imbue that scales with amount of critical hits, thanks to Sacred Fist Empowerment. A wider 14-20 critical range should have a notable improvement of your imbue damage over 16-20.

Dragxon

From what I can see there are two alterations this build may benefit from:
  • The augments show a Sapphire of Good Luck +3 being slotted, but this build has Prayer and will eventually be able to use it at caster level 20, resulting in a +5 Luck Bonus to damage/skills/saves. Is there a better augment that could be slotted?
  • Would the weapon choice of a Vistani centered Kukri serve this build better than Longsword? The base damage of the Kukri is lower, but the critical profile (14-20/x4 vs 16-20/x5) should favor the Kukri.
    • Base damage of a Dino Kukri is about -13.5 dmg (6.45[1d8+3] vs 6.45[1d4+3])
    • But Vistani Deadly Blades adds back +5.5 dmg (+1[W]) and you have 3 extra feats because you won't need Knight's Training or the Favored Weapon Feats
    • The loss of the Favored Weapon damage is -4 dmg (Child of Faith, Sacred Strike I & II) is gained back as +4 dmg in the Vistani Enhancements (Vistani Core I, Vistani Knife Training I & II)
    • One of those 3 available feats can be repurposed to getting Improved Martial Arts at level 21 for +2.75 dmg (+0.5[W])
    • After adding in the STR bonus, +15 weapon enhancement, and the plethora of other damage bonuses (Deadly, Deception, Power Attack, etc) that should have a main-hand base physical damage of around 187 on the Kukri and 192 for the Longsword. This puts the Kukri about 2.5% base physical damage behind the Longsword.
    • However, this build seems to have a high fortification bypass and should be able to use the Kukri's +135% critical damage profile (14-20/x4; 19-20/x7) to surpass the Longsword's +130% critical damage profile (16-20/x5; 19-20/x8), balancing out the loss in base physical damage.
    • Lastly, factor in Sacred Fist's unique ability to have an imbue that scales with amount of critical hits, thanks to Sacred Fist Empowerment. A wider 14-20 critical range should have a notable improvement of your imbue damage over 16-20.

You are right that you can drop the augment but there really isn't much else to put in that spot instead.

For Kukri vs Longsword its mostly from my first version of this build being paladin and the kotc. I agree Kukri is probably better it just loses a couple things and gains a lot (Rapid Attack being top among them). Kukris will work out pretty well for the GMoF tier 5 version of this build. Though currently I am testing Divine Crusader tier 5 over GMoF tier 5 and for divine crusader it needs a favored weapon.

I did not know that you could get Improved Martial Arts from 12 levels of sacred fist. That is a good suggestion.

Mickeymouse

You are right that you can drop the augment but there really isn't much else to put in that spot instead.

For Kukri vs Longsword its mostly from my first version of this build being paladin and the kotc. I agree Kukri is probably better it just loses a couple things and gains a lot (Rapid Attack being top among them). Kukris will work out pretty well for the GMoF tier 5 version of this build. Though currently I am testing Divine Crusader tier 5 over GMoF tier 5 and for divine crusader it needs a favored weapon.

I did not know that you could get Improved Martial Arts from 12 levels of sacred fist. That is a good suggestion.
it only gives you 0.2 W for some odd reason.. I would be more worried about not picking up Extend (for both divine favour and SF empowerment, 19-42s).

Phern

I took Monk at level 5 and Fighter level 13-17 but this is not the optimal order for leveling/feats.
I'm curious what levelling order people would suggest? I was thinking monk>fighter>pally to get as many feats early as possible, but it's been a while since I've levelled a pally. (Like a decade).