Reaper Endgame Protection Cleric

Tronko

Hello everyone. This time I'm sharing a cleric support build that I've been playing in the past few months. It's very simple but solid and effective. ;)

Tbh I've always looked at tank-healer builds (like Cleric/FVS + Fighter, Cleric/FVS + Paladin) with a bit of disgust… so I tried a pure cleric.
The cleric is a somewhat meh class, but it has some very strong unique abilities. In this specific case, three in particular: Protection Domain, the Warpriest tree, and Positive Energy Burst.

Let's start with the domain: at level 20, Protection Domain gives 25 PRR, 5 MRR, 25 AC, a nice Radiant Forcefield (currently only self), and above all 40 divine PRR and 40 divine MRR for everyone. This buff is huge (compared, for example, to the defensive buffs provided by a bard) and is also triggered by Positive Energy Burst.
Positive Energy Burst is an extraordinary ability at zero cost. It takes metamagics, and with Quicken, its casting animation is way smoother than the clumsy Turn Undead.

Now, starting from these basics, the race I chose is Beasthide Shifter. Rage (+4 Rage bonus to Armor Class and Constitution, +3 Constitution from Hardy Rage), 22 PRR, 30 Hamp, 5% Quality HP. And then Howl: -14 Attack for 20 seconds, and +14 PRR and MRR to allies.

In summary, a Beasthide Cleric 20 results in an excellent support for tanks and melee, offering buffs up to 54 PRR and MRR, up to +13 AC (Sacred Touch, Inflame, Holy Aura, Recitation in addition to -14 Attack debuff), 15% Energy absorption (for 30 seconds every 90). For melees, there are obviously Prayer, the +4 attack/damage from Inflame, and of course, Implacable Foe (+10% Damage). With Positive Energy Burst, Mass Cure spells, and 8 Lay on Hands in addition, it's very unlikely that those near you will die.

Of course, this build is perfectly capable of tanking anything in r10 quests and even low-skull raids. The defenses are solid, and naturally, you can rely on Forcefield (SLA and clickies) and Dark Discorporation.

Here's a brief overview of my stats in Reaper (self-buffed)

Beasthide Shifter Cleric 20 Protection Domain, US (40) EA (22) DI (13)

wUdDwv6.jpeg

Positive spell power is around 1000, with 55% Positive Spell Critical Chance and 86% Positive Spell Critical Damage.

Healing Amp is 319 standing, I have a weapon swap set for self healing with 415.

Intimidate is 112, you can drink Steel’s Coffee for 122, and if needed swap necklace to Glib Tongue for 135.

Prepared Spells
gNU6NGz.jpeg

I chose to invest a little in Light and Fire spell power to be able to complete quests at least in r1. Obviously, it's not a farming build, but you can rush with Sprint boost and wings, aggro everything, and then clean up with Celestial Bombardment, Firestorm, and Divine Wrath.

Enhancements
3v4XXXb.jpeg

The Warpriest is a support tree, but it has many phenomenal features. Let's start from the end. The capstone, Implacable Foe, offers a nice unique buff (+10% damage), and tier 5 has Divine Intervention. Divine Bastion gives +10 PRR, +10 MRR, +10 AC in heavy armor, and +20% Competence bonus to maximum hit points (only 5% less than paladin or fighter stances, but you can use rage). Core 4 gives 10% sacred bonus to HP, the tree offers AC, PRR, Inflame which is a nice buff (it has a long cooldown but lasts 30 seconds), and Greater Inflame adds Energy Absorption on top. Ameliorating Strike is good, as well as Magic Backlash. Sacred Touch gives +3 AC and +3 PRR to all healed allies.

Feats

Quicken, Empower, Maximize, Shield Mastery, Improved Shield Mastery, Greater Shield Mastery, Toughness, Epic Toughness, Perfect Shield Mastery, Intensify, Epic Spell Power Positive, Empower Heal, Fount of Life, Epic DR, Scion of Celestia, Legendary Toughness.

Enlarge should be taken especially for some raids that have large spaces and for those ranged/casters who as soon as they take damage start running away like headless chickens. I didn't take it because I hate ranged toons (and want them dead) and I only care about my loved melees. :LOL:

Epic Destinies
ruPxjyS.jpeg

Draconic Incarnation is necessary if you want to be a Beasthide and cast in rage. It's not a bad tree at all for a tanky build. Besides rage casting, it gives no fail on fortitude and Scales of the Dragon (choose the color based on what you need, fire is probably the standard choice).
You want EA mainly for wings and extra turns + regeneration. I use EA Mantle. Optionally, you can use the Sentinel's Mantle (+10% hp), but I personally prefer EA's as I'm solid enough and I’m not a pure tank.
From Sentinel, however, I take the t5 for 10% hp, free Deific Warding, Undying Vanguard, Light the Dark.
Currently, EA's t5 sucks hard, but if Chain Cure becomes juicy as it seems with U66, EA t5 will be a valid alternative.

Gear Setup
tUPBVtc.jpeg

The goal was to be tanky and include as much positive healing gear as possible.
I started with the Forbidden set's goggles and gloves, which give respectively +20 Quality PRR and +20 Quality MRR. Then I chose the Defender of Tanaroa Set, which gives +30 Artifact bonus to Positive, Negative, and Repair amplification, +6% Artifact bonus to Universal Spell Critical Chance, +25 Artifact bonus to Universal Spellpower, +30 Artifact bonus to Magical Resistance Rating. I slotted exceptional spell critical chance and spell power in dino armor, 30-20-10 positive spell critical damage in dino helm, and the cloak has Equipped Healing Amplification +28 in addition to other useful things.

So, what's missing? 10% HP, PRR, 15% AC, and preferably positive critical chance and spell power. I chose to use a gem with Wards of House Kundarak (+15% Artifact bonus Armor Class, +30 Artifact bonus to Physical Resistance Rating) and Vulkor Chosen (+30 Artifact bonus to Poison Resistance, +3 Sneak Dice, +3 Artifact bonus to Saving Throws, +3 Artifact bonus to Dexterity and Constitution). 10% Hp is slotted as an augment set.

At this point, there was only one option left, and I put two Sacred Bands for the Legendary Divine Blessing set (+6% Artifact bonus to Light, Alignment, and Positive Spell Critical Chance, +30 Artifact bonus to Light, Alignment, and Positive Spellpower).

If you don't feel like farming the right gem, using the dual sets of Champions of the Twins is an option. In any case, farming a double gem is a walk compared to the damn cards that in my opinion are a real cancer that the game (which already has a loot system to bang your head against the wall) really didn't need. :cry:
I have no good card in my gear set, so the stats you see could be better. In particular, I lack Curse of the Unstoppable One (+2% Fortune Bonus to Maximum Hit Points, +3% Fortune Bonus to Armor Class), +2 Con, etc. I don't even have the reaper bonus on my armor. Not that the cards make a real difference for a support build. Unfortunately, they do for DPS.

As for the filigrees, I use a basic all-around setup featuring: Sneak Bite / Grandfather’s Shield x2, Soulweaver / Splendid Cacophony x2, Purity / Touch of grace x2, Elemental Avatar Constitution x2, Touch of Grace Positive Spellpower, Splendid Cacophony Constitution, Nystul’s / Electrocution, Nystul’s Constitution, Nystul’s MRR, Nystul’s Fire Absorb.

Pros:
  • With all the buffs and heals you have, melee DPS and tanks will adore you.
  • If there are no tanks, you can tank yourself. Anything in r10 quests, and even raids, of course, without exaggeration.
  • PRR is great, even for tank standards.
  • Good mobility: wings and Sprint boost.
  • With Divine Might e Throw the Boom, you have an effective area CC.
  • You can make the scene with Celestial Bombardment, Divine Wrath, Positive Energy Burst, not to mention Inflame and Implacable foe. Very flashy!
Cons:
  • You need friends to play with. You can solo farm r1, with suffering.
  • Almost zero threat, so for tanking you just rely on Intimidate and Knight's Challenge.
  • 10% dodge.
As usual, feel free to ask for more information.

Pretty solid but really you should switch gem to not have fire spellpower to free up your neck slot for literally anything else and then just simply have another gem crafted with the same stats, just wasting a gear slot on an otherwise solid build (ins devotion on gem, augment hamp) can even just wear lgs neck for insightful/quality uncon range, or conduit of the soul

Tronko

Pretty solid but really you should switch gem to not have fire spellpower to free up your neck slot for literally anything else and then just simply have another gem crafted with the same stats, just wasting a gear slot on an otherwise solid build (ins devotion on gem, augment hamp) can even just wear lgs neck for insightful/quality uncon range, or conduit of the soul

"Should" seems a bit extreme to me ;)
The dino necklace has three slots (two augment + healing amp), insightful devotion which is necessary, and insightful radiance and nullification which can be useful.
With Conduit, you lose two slots for 9 positive spell power and 2 caster levels for uncapped heals. Meh. With LGS, you lose three slots (and Bulwark).
The fact is, I want to keep what little damage I can do.
Of course, you can completely forgo fire and light spell power/critical, but in this case, even r1 becomes unplayable if you're alone.
You can do whatever you want with the gem by giving up fire. For example, you can slot in a second absorption, insightful fortification, or +1 Con...

"Should" seems a bit extreme to me ;)
The dino necklace has three slots (two augment + healing amp), insightful devotion which is necessary, and insightful radiance and nullification which can be useful.
With Conduit, you lose two slots for 9 positive spell power and 2 caster levels for uncapped heals. Meh. With LGS, you lose three slots (and Bulwark).
The fact is, I want to keep what little damage I can do.
Of course, you can completely forgo fire and light spell power/critical, but in this case, even r1 becomes unplayable if you're alone.
You can do whatever you want with the gem by giving up fire. For example, you can slot in a second absorption, insightful fortification, or +1 Con...
Ins devo goes on gem, you have multiple augments which are far from must haves especially the litany (read shield stats...) diamond of the magi, feather fall, dex since you're well beyond no fail save threshold, ins charisma not needed, globe not needed, ins wisdom not needed, fort can also go on gem, ins radiance and nullification aren't useful, any damage you do is completely irrelevant for r10s, just have swaps if you want to solo r1. You greatly underestimate how strong Conduit of the soul is

Tronko

Ins devo goes on gem, you have multiple augments which are far from must haves especially the litany (read shield stats...) diamond of the magi, feather fall, dex since you're well beyond no fail save threshold, ins charisma not needed, globe not needed, ins wisdom not needed, fort can also go on gem, ins radiance and nullification aren't useful, any damage you do is completely irrelevant for r10s, just have swaps if you want to solo r1. You greatly underestimate how strong Conduit of the soul is
I don't see this huge benefit in using Conduit, but that's just my opinion. You can a do a different setup with just postive and a specific seutp for farming, as well you can go for lower stats, saves, you can drop spell points etc. As you prefer.
Litany is redundant and it's a mistake; when I wrote the setup, I did some testing and among the various tests, I had included Vulkoorim Pendant with other shields, and I forgot to remove it 😅

Last edited:

Aggy

Hey Tronko, very cool and original build you've put together! Thanks for putting so much work into the write up. We have played together a few times and it seemed to work very well. I was already kinda wondering what was up with the build. Nice job!

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
I have been playing protection domain cleric as my go-to R10 raid healer for a few years now. Lots to love there. Tons of contribution to overall DPS that most parties miss out on. :)

Good job with the build! I focus on fitting in beckon divinity, but I'm going to parse through your gear choices and make improvements based on what you came up with here.

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
Just wanted to pop in and thank Tronko again for posting. I was able to make some tweaks to gain about 500 HP in reaper as well as some more PRR. I did go a little heavier on the heals and took Beckon divinity since I'm going to be using this for an R10 raid push soon. That limited destiny points and trees so I had to drop draconic and go Wildhunt Shifter to cast while raging.

Here's what I plan to run:

Character name:
Classes: 20 Cleric, 10 Epic, 2 Legendary
Race: Shifter · · · · · · ·Alignment: Lawful Good

· · ·Start Tome Final · · ·Incorp:· · 15% · · ·Displacement:· ·20%
Str:· · ·8· · 8 · ·50 · · ·HP:· · · ·5375 · · ·AC:· ·328
Dex:· · 10· · 8 · ·54 · · ·PRR: · · · 434
Con:· · 18· · 8 · 101 · · ·MRR: · · · 208 · · ·+Healing Amp:· ·188
Int:· · 10· · 8 · ·31 · · ·Dodge: · ·5/30 · · ·-Healing Amp:· · 75
Wis:· · 16· · 8 · ·71 · · ·Fort:· · ·285% · · ·Repair Amp:· · · 60
Cha:· · 14· · 8 · ·56 · · ·SR:· · · · ·20 · · ·BAB: · · · · · · 20
DR: 5\-
Immunities: Magic Missiles, Weapon Durability Damage, Magic Missiles, Blindness, Petrification, Natural Poisons, Natural Deseases, Blindness, Most forms of Knockdown, Falling damage, Death Effects, , , Death effect, Level drain, Freedom of Movement, Enchantment and charm spells, Magic Missiles

Saves:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fortitude:· · · · 110
· vs Poison:· · · 115
· vs Disease: · · 111
Will: · · · · · · 100
· vs Enchantment: 110
· vs Illusion:· · 117
· vs Fear:· · · · 101
· vs Curse: · · · 100
Reflex: · · · · · ·94
· vs Traps: · · · 104
· vs Spell: · · · ·96
· vs Magic: · · · ·94
Marked with a * is no fail on a 1 if required DC met

Class and Feat Selection
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level Class · · · · · ·Feats
1 · · Cleric(1) · · · ·Standard: Quicken Spell
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Animalistic Aspect: Wildhunt Shifter
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Follower of Faith: Follower of the Sovereign Host
2 · · Cleric(2) · · · ·Domain: Protection Domain Tier I
3 · · Cleric(3) · · · ·Standard: Empower Healing Spell
4 · · Cleric(4) · · · ·Constitution: +1 Level up
5 · · Cleric(5) · · · ·Domain Feat: Protection Domain Tier II
6 · · Cleric(6) · · · ·Standard: Enlarge Spell
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Deity: Unyielding Sovereignty
7 · · Cleric(7) · · · ·
8 · · Cleric(8) · · · ·Constitution: +1 Level up
9 · · Cleric(9) · · · ·Standard: Maximize Spell
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Domain Feat: Protection Domain Tier III
10· · Cleric(10)· · · ·
11· · Cleric(11)· · · ·
12· · Cleric(12)· · · ·Standard: Empower Spell
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Constitution: +1 Level up
13· · Cleric(13)· · · ·
14· · Cleric(14)· · · ·Domain Feat: Protection Domain Tier IV
15· · Cleric(15)· · · ·Standard: Shield Mastery
16· · Cleric(16)· · · ·Constitution: +1 Level up
17· · Cleric(17)· · · ·
18· · Cleric(18)· · · ·Standard: Improved Shield Mastery
19· · Cleric(19)· · · ·
20· · Cleric(20)· · · ·Constitution: +1 Level up
21· · Epic(1) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Wellspring of Power
22· · Epic(2) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Epic Spell Power: Positive
23· · Epic(3) · · · · ·
24· · Epic(4) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Intensify Spell
25· · Epic(5) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Perfect Shield Mastery
26· · Epic(6) · · · · ·
27· · Epic(7) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Greater Shield Mastery
28· · Epic(8) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Deific Warding
29· · Epic(9) · · · · ·
30· · Epic(10)· · · · ·Epic Feat: Shield Deflection
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Legendary: Scion of Celestia
31· · Legendary(1)· · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Legendary Toughness
32· · Legendary(2)· · ·Constitution: +1 Level up

Enhancements: 80 APs, Racial 16, Universal 2
Shifter - Points spent: 16
Core1 Extra Shifting I
Core2 Ability I: Constitution
Tier1 Hardy Shifting - 2 Ranks
Core3 Extra Shifting II
Core4 Ability II: Constitution
Core5 Regenerating Shift
Tier2 Shifted Defenses: Shifted Senses - 3 Ranks
Tier3 Empowered by Nature: Empowered by Nature: Wildhide - 3 Ranks
Tier4 Exceptional Shifting: Wild Magic
Warpriest - Points spent: 41
Core1 Smite Foe: Smite Foe (Melee)
Tier1 Toughness - 3 Ranks
Tier1 Awareness - 3 Ranks
Tier1 Sacred Touch - 3 Ranks
Core2 Resilience of Battle
Tier2 Inflame - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Wall of Steel - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Smite Weakness
Tier2 Action Boost Power - 1 Ranks
Core3 Sanctuary
Tier3 Greater Inflame - 3 Ranks
Tier3 Magic Backlash - 3 Ranks
Tier3 Ability I: +1 Wisdom
Tier4 Ability II: +1 Wisdom
Core4 War Domain: Blur
Tier4 Ameliorating Strike
Tier5 Divine Intervention
Core5 Haste
Tier5 Divine Bastion
Tier5 Divine Power
Core6 Implacable Foe: Implacable Foe (Wisdom)
Radiant Servant - Points spent: 32
Core1 Healing Power
Tier1 Divine Aid I
Tier1 Altruism - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Improved Turning - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Mighty Turning
Tier2 Efficient Empower Healing - 3 Ranks
Core2 Cure Moderate Wounds
Core3 Positive Energy Burst
Tier3 Divine Aid II
Tier3 Intense Healing - 3 Ranks
Tier3 Unyielding Sovereignty
Tier4 Incredible Healing - 3 Ranks
Tier4 Divine Aid III
Tier4 Endless Turning - 3 Ranks
Core4 Improved Empower Healing
Core5 Positive Energy Shield
Falconry - Points spent: 9
Core1 Summon Falcon: Summon White Falcon
Tier1 Rugged - 2 Ranks
Tier1 Out in Nature - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Action Boost: Sprint - 1 Ranks
Core2 Ability I: Constitution
Epic Destinies: 40 APs + 27 permanent Destiny Points
Divine Crusader - Points spent: 34
Core1 Just Cause
Tier1 Consecration - 3 Ranks
Tier1 Divine Sundering - 3 Ranks
Core2 Confront any Foe
Tier2 Shield of Light - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Bulk Up - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Divine Deflection - 3 Ranks
Tier3 Crusade
Core3 Weather any Blow
Tier3 Gaze of the Divine
Tier3 How Dare You Strike Me - 3 Ranks
Tier3 Strike with Poise - 1 Ranks
Core4 Sunder Evil
Tier4 Cower Before Me
Tier4 Heavenly Presence
Tier5 Beckon Divinity
Tier5 Mighty Crusade
Exalted Angel - Points spent: 26
Core1 Astral Touch
Tier1 Angelic Form
Tier1 Avenging Magic: Healing Pillar
Tier1 Bane of Undeath - 3 Ranks
Core2 Deepening Faith
Tier2 Angelic Body
Tier2 Divine Protection
Tier2 Endless Turning - 3 Ranks
Core3 Angelic Charge
Tier3 Noble Affinity: Mass Cure Moderate Wounds
Tier3 Holy Presence
Tier3 Purity of Mind and Soul - 3 Ranks
Core4 Heavenly Leap: Heavenly Blessing
Tier4 Angelic Soul
Tier4 Enhanced Metamagics: Enhanced Metamagics: Maximize - 3 Ranks
Unyielding Sentinel - Points spent: 15
Core1 Unyielding
Tier1 Ever Watchful - 3 Ranks
Tier1 Brace for Impact - 3 Ranks
Core2 Ward Against Darkness
Tier2 Renewal
Tier2 Knight's Challenge
Core3 Stand Against the Tide
Tier3 Legendary Shield Mastery - 3 Ranks
Weapon Damage
Melee Power:· 126
Doublestrike: 18%
Strikethrough: 20%
Mainhand damage ability multiplier: 1
Offhand damage ability multiplier: 0
Off-Hand attack Chance: 20%
Fortification Bypass: 5%
Dodge Bypass: 0%
Helpless Damage bonus: 55%
Ranged Power: 95
Doubleshot Chance: 4%

Sneak Attack Attack bonus: 3
Sneak Attack Damage: 3d6+6

Main Hand: Attuned Bone Dagger
On Hit· · · · ·5.25[1D4+3]+43
Critical 19-18 (5.25[1D4+3]+41) * 2
Critical 19-20 (5.25[1D4+3]+41) * 2
DR Bypass: Magic, Pierce
You bypass Incorporeality miss chance with this weapon
You bypass Concealment miss chance with this weapon

Off Hand: Legendary Shield of the Scorpion
On Hit· · · · ·6.25[1D10+6]+33
Critical 19-18 (6.25[1D10+6]+41) * 3
Critical 19-20 (6.25[1D10+6]+41) * 3
DR Bypass: Bludgeon, Magic
You bypass Incorporeality miss chance with this weapon
You bypass Concealment miss chance with this weapon

Tactical DCs
Intimidate· · · · · · · · · · · · ·10+HD+Wis Mod vs d20 + 111 : d20 + Intimidate(111)
Diplomacy · · · · · · · · · · · · ·CR+Quest Level vs d20 + 79 : d20 + Diplomacy(79)
Bluff · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·CR+Quest Level vs d20 + 55 : d20 + Bluff(55)
Sunder· · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·Fortitude vs 43 : 10 + Str Mod(20) + Sunder(13)
Trip· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·Balance vs 37 : 10 + Str Mod(20) + Trip(7)
Turn Undead · · · · · · · · · · · ·Creature HD vs d20 + 23 : d20 + Cha Mod(23)
Cower Before Me · · · · · · · · · ·Fortitude vs 78 : 20 + Max Mod(Str(20), Dex(22), Int(10), Wis(30), Con(45), Cha(23)) + Sunder(13)

Equipped Gear Set: Tronko Set
Armor · · · · Dinosaur Plate Armor· ·Drops in: The Isle of Dread, any chest
· · · · · · · +15 Enhancement Bonus
· · · · · · · IoD: Armor: Scale Slot: Voidscale
· · · · · · · IoD: Armor: Fang Slot: Voidfang
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Claw Slot: Claw: +35 Physical Resistance Rating
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Horn Slot: Horn: +286 Wizardry
· · · · · · · IoD: Set Bonus Slot: Defender of Tanaroa
· · · · · · · Green: Sapphire of Greater Heroism
· · · · · · · Blue: +6 Sapphire of Riposte
· · · · · · · Deck Curse: Empty augment slot
Belt· · · · · Lindal's Mighty Belt· ·Drops in: Raid: Skeletons in the Closet, Free Yarrow optional chest
· · · · · · · Extra Lay on Hands +3
· · · · · · · Extra Smites
· · · · · · · Strength +14
· · · · · · · Insightful Sheltering +19
· · · · · · · Green: Globe of True Imperial Blood
· · · · · · · Blue: Legendary Bulwark
· · · · · · · This augment will suppress any set bonus this item may have.
· · · · · · · The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse (Suppressed by selected augment)
Boots · · · · The Devouring Way · Drops in: Vecna Unleashed, any legendary end chest or Vecna Unleashed (epic) saga end reward (Epic Hard or above)
· · · · · · · Quality Constitution +3
· · · · · · · Quality Incite +31%
· · · · · · · Insightful Intimidate +11
· · · · · · · Quality Intimidate +5
· · · · · · · Green: Essence of Pomura's Memento
· · · · · · · Yellow: Crystallized Drop of Tea
· · · · · · · Blue: +100 Sapphire of Fortification
· · · · · · · Legendary Forbidden Knowledge
· · · · · · · Filigree 1: Snake Bite/Grandfather's Shield: +2 Constitution(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 2: Soulweaver/Splendid Cacophony: +2 Constitution(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 3: The Blood Feast/Frozen Wanderer: +6 PRR(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 4: Purity/Touch of Grace: +20 Healing Amplification(Rare Version)
Bracers · · · Legendary Kundarak Warding Bracers· ·Drops in: Raid: The Vault of Night, Base Item plus crafting in the 12
· · · · · · · Constitution +14
· · · · · · · Resistance +11
· · · · · · · Protection +11
· · · · · · · Magical Sheltering +36
· · · · · · · Yellow: Topaz of Feather Fall
· · · · · · · Legendary Wards of House Kundarak
Cloak · · · · Legendary Defender's Cloak· ·Drops in: Quest: The Trouble with Tar Pits, End chest
· · · · · · · Deathblock
· · · · · · · Wisdom +14
· · · · · · · Natural Armor Bonus +14
· · · · · · · Equipped Healing Amplification +28
· · · · · · · Green: Emerald of Greater Rage
· · · · · · · Colorless: +5 Diamond of Insightful Charisma
· · · · · · · Defender of Tanaroa
Gloves· · · · Legendary The Dark Six-Fingered Glove · Drops in: Quest: The Evil We Know, End chest
· · · · · · · Extra Smites
· · · · · · · Temperance of Belief
· · · · · · · Sacred +14
· · · · · · · Green: +54 Sapphire of False Life
· · · · · · · Colorless: Ravil's Book of Legendary Recipes
Goggles · · · Legendary Eyes of Enlightenment · Drops in: Quest: Law and Order, End chest
· · · · · · · Wisdom +14
· · · · · · · Quality Potency +26
· · · · · · · Temperance of Spirit
· · · · · · · Illusion Save +11
· · · · · · · Green: Sapphire of Good Luck + 3
· · · · · · · Colorless: +5 Diamond of Insightful Constitution
Helmet· · · · Dinosaur Bone Helmet· ·Drops in: The Isle of Dread, any chest
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Scale Slot: Scale: Positive Spell Crit Damage
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Fang Slot: Fang: Positive Spell Crit Damage
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Claw Slot: Claw: Positive Spell Crit Damage
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Horn Slot: Horn: Enhanced Ghostly
· · · · · · · IoD: Set Bonus Slot: Defender of Tanaroa
· · · · · · · Green: +14 Diamond of Dexterity
· · · · · · · Yellow: +14 Diamond of Charisma
· · · · · · · Reaper: Reaper Ability Boost
Necklace· · · Legendary Conduit of the Soul · Drops in: Quest: House of Pain
· · · · · · · Divine Augmentation IX
· · · · · · · Wizardry +269
· · · · · · · Healing Lore +21%
· · · · · · · Quality Devotion +35 Passive
· · · · · · · Yellow: Legendary Bulwark
Quiver· · · · Quiver of Alacrity· ·Drops in: Raid: Ascension Chamber
· · · · · · · Ranged Alacrity 10%
· · · · · · · Striding +30%
Ring1 · · · · Legendary Sacred Band · Drops in: Quest: The Claw of Vulkoor, Base Item plus crafting in the 12
· · · · · · · Wisdom +13
· · · · · · · Silver Flame Lore +21%
· · · · · · · Power of the Silver Flame +146
· · · · · · · Greater Turning
· · · · · · · Yellow: Legendary Moment to Legendary Moment
· · · · · · · Colorless: +5 Diamond of Insightful Wisdom
· · · · · · · Legendary Divine Blessing
Ring2 · · · · Legendary Sacred Band · Drops in: Quest: The Claw of Vulkoor, Base Item plus crafting in the 12
· · · · · · · Wisdom +13
· · · · · · · Silver Flame Lore +21%
· · · · · · · Power of the Silver Flame +146
· · · · · · · Greater Turning
· · · · · · · Yellow: Essence of Nullscale Armor
· · · · · · · Colorless: +2 Festive Constitution
· · · · · · · Legendary Divine Blessing
Trinket · · · Legendary Gem of Many Facets· ·Drops in: Raid: The Chronoscope, Base Item plus crafting in the 12
· · · · · · · Legendary Facets Set Bonus 1: Legendary Vulkoor's Chosen
· · · · · · · Legendary Facets Set Bonus 2: Legendary Wards of House Kundarak
· · · · · · · Cannith Trinket Prefix: +22 Heal
· · · · · · · Cannith Trinket Suffix: +22 Intimidate
· · · · · · · Cannith Trinket Extra: +11 Insightful Intimidate
· · · · · · · Yellow: Diamond of the Magi
Weapon1 · · · Attuned Bone Dagger · Drops in: Skeletons in the Closet, Raid Warded Chest
· · · · · · · Damage and Type 5[1d4+3] + 15 Pierce, Magic
· · · · · · · Critical Threat Range 19-20 x2
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Scale Slot: Shadowscale
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Fang Slot: Shadowfang
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Claw Slot: Meltclaw: Constitution
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Horn Slot: Brighthorn
· · · · · · · Orange: Meridian Fragment
· · · · · · · Purple: Legendary Bulwark
· · · · · · · The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse (Suppressed by selected augment)
· · · · · · · Sentient Weapon Personality: Sentient Jewel of Blackrazor
· · · · · · · Filigree 1: Snake Bite/Grandfather's Shield: +2 Constitution(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 2: Soulweaver/Splendid Cacophony: +2 Constitution(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 3: The Blood Feast/Frozen Wanderer: +6 PRR(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 4: Grandfather's Shield: Constitution(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 5: Splendid Cacophony: Constitution(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 6: Soulweaver: Constitution(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 7: Soulweaver: Positive Spell Power(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 8: Soulweaver: Positive Spell Crit Damage(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 9: Touch of Grace: Wisdom(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 10: Touch of Grace: Charisma(Rare Version)
Weapon2 · · · Legendary Shield of the Scorpion· ·Drops in: Sands of Menechtarun, Scroll, Seal and Shard
· · · · · · · Damage and Type 5[1d10+7] + 15 Bludgeon, Magic
· · · · · · · Critical Threat Range 19-20 x3
· · · · · · · Profane Well Rounded
· · · · · · · Profane Lifeforce +45
· · · · · · · Insightful Spell Resistance +20
· · · · · · · Quality Sheltering +9
· · · · · · · Blue: +2 Sapphire of Armored Agility
· · · · · · · Purple: Legendary Undying Sapphire
· · · · · · · Legendary Vulkoor's Chosen
Trinket2· · · Restricted by another item in this gear set
Trinket3· · · Restricted by another item in this gear set

MAP1974

I don't see this huge benefit in using Conduit, but that's just my opinion. You can a do a different setup with just postive and a specific seutp for farming, as well you can go for lower stats, saves, you can drop spell points etc. As you prefer.
Litany is redundant and it's a mistake; when I wrote the setup, I did some testing and among the various tests, I had included Vulkoorim Pendant with other shields, and I forgot to remove it 😅
Hi, its been ever so long since I healed healed anyone, so asking out of complete ignorance: when you are running mid-high skull raids (or quests), is it ever an option to drop empower and maximise (setting intensify aside) and get by with just empower heal to sufficiently give your various heals enough oomph? Asking more from a spell point preservation angle as opposed to freeing up two feats.

Drachmor

Oh this looks super cool, I like the sound of a build that simply makes the experience significantly more pleasant for the rest of the party!

Also it's funny you mentioned "disgust" at those tank / healer hybrids - I do remember once joining you for an R10 dailies PUG, and you were like... the tankiest player I'd ever seen, and you were healing us to boot >.>

I remember we didn't really have the damage for R10, but you were so survivable that we didn't really notice we completely didn't belong haha.

Now I've had some fun making my own builds (including one that actually kinda worked in reaper!), a melee DPS with some offenses and defenses I could be proud of, and I would love to play alongside someone who's giving me that much extra PRR and AC lol.

Edit: And, not to mention, the DPS party boosts! This sounds very cool

Tronko

Hi, its been ever so long since I healed healed anyone, so asking out of complete ignorance: when you are running mid-high skull raids (or quests), is it ever an option to drop empower and maximise (setting intensify aside) and get by with just empower heal to sufficiently give your various heals enough oomph? Asking more from a spell point preservation angle as opposed to freeing up two feats.
Hey! In my opinion, empower and maximize are not necessary. I mostly used them to improve my terribad dps when I was soloing low skulls.

I remember we didn't really have the damage for R10, but you were so survivable that we didn't really notice we completely didn't belong haha.
hahaha. Actually, I'm convinced that the best defense is offense. In general, dps solves any situation better than defenses :)

Reactions: DBZ

Drachmor

hahaha. Actually, I'm convinced that the best defense is offense. In general, dps solves any situation better than defenses :)
Lol that seems to be the case!! I remember the first time I was able to do anything that was anything in high reaper, I was a fire sorc (with all the DCs I could muster - pretty decent, I recall!) and the old uhh... Killing Time(?) caster stick that cycled between the elements, but... conveniently always seemed to give you FIRE crit chance when you swapped to it haha. So I was biting off a lot, but just barrrely connecting (in Sharn), and with a sweet 100% crit chance. It was awesome. I couldn't take even a single hit (of course), but if I could fry a whole room with a hold monster and a few meteors, what did it matter?

Fast forwarding a bit, when I finally tried Maetrim's DDOBuilder, I started having a lot of fun making my own build, which really ended up impressing me and was super fun to play. At first, I wanted to go for "Max SWF DPS," and I ended up with some swash split that could mow down enemies pretty well, but was lacking everything in the way of defenses, crowd control, and aoe... I approached that build's successor with the idea of "survivability, first," and went from struggling to solo R1 to comfortably soloing R4. Adding to that a few other tweaks, and Goldcursed dagger, brought it up to R6 with no issue, and once I got used to the character, I was happily frontlining R10 Sharn with a PUG!

Now with Dragon lord, I hope to improve that build even further!