Reaper lockout change from u59 still missing from release notes.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
In u59, the hard reaper lockout between heroics and epics was removed to prep for Vecna. This lets people do heroic quests while level 20 or above (follows the same +4 lvl lockout), so you could do Vecna 18's on r1 on a lvl 20 character for example. This change got mentioned again on the community discord today and a bunch of people still had no clue about it despite it being a year old. Went to look at the old patch notes for u59 and this change still has not been added to them (sure not every reads thru old notes, but some do or folks like me like to link them). Currently I have to link to this LAM thread (thankfully I bookmarked) as it's only official comment about the change. https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/lamannia-update-60-preview-2-overview.1669/#post-17615 Could SSG please add that info the old release notes? Thx.

Last edited:

erethizon1

So.. my capped paly can run L28 Reaper? :D
For epics you always could. You will get no exp or RXP, but you can enter any epic quest as a level 32. What this did was let you enter level 18 quests as a level 22 and level 19 quests as a 23. So you can continue with heroic questing once you hit 20.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Feh. no RXP? No point.. unless I'm feeling lucky n want Reaper Bonus chance on item :)

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The epic/legendary RXP stuff is a whole other issue. But the heroic/epic lockout change was a solid QoL change that SSG should've shouted from the rooftops; it was a good thing that people like but unfortunately there's still folks who have no clue it changed. I don't think adding it to the old patch notes will magically make folks know, but it'd give me something better to link to when telling them about.

Neilfladech

SSG does this with multiple things. They have nerfed things and corrected issues without it being in the notes. No idea why they do it. Makes them look shady or just badly organized if they don't actually know what's been changed. It's been mentioned several times without answer. I've concluded they just don't care.

erethizon1

Feh. no RXP? No point.. unless I'm feeling lucky n want Reaper Bonus chance on item :)
Yes, it isn't a good system. I stay at level 29 each life until I have completed every epic quest. It's one thing to run a low level quest on elite for no exp of any kind because you missed it in heroics. It is quite another to run level 29 epic Necro 4 on R6 and get no reaper exp at all. It simply isn't necessary for the system to be that punitive. Epic quests already give garbage RXP compared to Legendary quests.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Yes, it isn't a good system. I stay at level 29 each life until I have completed every epic quest. It's one thing to run a low level quest on elite for no exp of any kind because you missed it in heroics. It is quite another to run level 29 epic Necro 4 on R6 and get no reaper exp at all. It simply isn't necessary for the system to be that punitive. Epic quests already give garbage RXP compared to Legendary quests.
Yeah.. Epic v Legendary.. learned that lesson the hard way. :(

Lazuli

The epic/legendary RXP stuff is a whole other issue. But the heroic/epic lockout change was a solid QoL change that SSG should've shouted from the rooftops; it was a good thing that people like but unfortunately there's still folks who have no clue it changed. I don't think adding it to the old patch notes will magically make folks know, but it'd give me something better to link to when telling them about.
It's because most people don't worry about doing heroic reaper once they reach level 20, since epic quests give way more xp.

Except in hardcore, it's a change that has little impact on most people. That's why it has gone more unnoticed. It's a good change, I agree, but has little impact.

What has hurt is removing the xp on epic quests whwn the toon is legendary. I know people who are annoyed by this.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Except in hardcore, it's a change that has little impact on most people. That's why it has gone more unnoticed. It's a good change, I agree, but has little impact.
HC has a separate can't enter any heroic (regardless of difficulty) lockout when epic leveled that's still there.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
It's because most people don't worry about doing heroic reaper once they reach level 20, since epic quests give way more xp.

What has hurt is removing the xp on epic quests whwn the toon is legendary. I know people who are annoyed by this.
1. Reaper is Reaper, no? Why stop @ Heroics? You need to kill many Reapers to get max RXP, right? I'm lost..

2. IDC :)

3. Agree. A warning @ 29 would be nice.. But... Learned that lockout too late. But is my first Legendary, so lesson learned.