Lamannia Update 60 Preview 2 - Overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordovan

Community Manager
UPDATE: Due to technical difficulties the Lamannia Preview 2 will be ending this morning at 10:30am Eastern (-4 GMT). Feedback threads however will remain open until the next Preview. The Lamannia public preview server is now open with a new look at Update 60! The server will remain open until 6:00pm Eastern (-4 GMT) on Friday, June 29th. Please look at this overview, follow the links to targeted preview topic threads, and get us your feedback! As always, these notes are a work in progress, so expect some text and features to change over time, and for these notes to not necessarily be the same as what is released to the live game worlds.

Features this preview:​

Other Changes:​

Changes new to this preview are listed in blue!

Balance and Gameplay Changes:
  • The Legendary Curse of Agony now has a maximum duration of 60 seconds.
  • The pause at the end of tumbling with the Experimental Tumble Controls has been removed, allowing for a seamless dodge experience.
  • There is now a dance for Raptor and Panther mounts!
  • Exalted Whirlwind and Avenging Whirlwind now work with Be The Whirlwind
Bugfixes:
  • Titania's Glory now references the correct helmet in its description.
  • Corrected a misspelled Tiefling in Devil Assault.
  • Removed bad tooltip info from an Enlightened Spirit ability.
  • Heroic, Epic and Legendary Ancient Vulkoorim Daggers now have their proper material.
  • Fixed a typo in When There's Smoke's objective text.
  • Pack Aptitude now properly grants its +6 bonus, fixed its tooltip.
  • Fixed tooltip in Morninglord enhancements for sunburst.
  • Flurry of Blows now grants its dodge bonus at the correct levels.
  • If you gained Flurry of Blows via Sacred Fist levels, the Dodge bonus is now correctly based off your Paladin level and not monk level.
  • Fixed set bonus effect of the Menechtarun Scavenger set.
  • Fixed descriptions from a few collectable turn-in NPCs.
  • Fixed description of Thorn Blade spell.
  • Vile Eruption now deals its correct damage through Earthquake.
  • Maiming found on randomly generated and named items now correctly only triggers on-crit.
  • Metalline Bond now displays on your weapon properly.
  • Laughter's Melee Power now applies more reliably.
  • Druid's Improved Dodge now has a % sign in its tooltip.
  • The exit in Haverdasher is now named The Harbor instead of The Marketplace.
  • consecration now properly heals hirelings.
  • Corrected a text error in Lightning the Candle's buff.
  • The Power Word spells are now correctly listed as Enchantment spells.
  • Fixed description on Grandmaster of Oceans.
  • Fixed typos in Olyn Araphyr's dialogue.
  • Fixed name of Rakhat's Trifle and other miscellaneous Rakhat's nonsense.
  • Fixed description of Heal, Mass.
  • Diplomacy is now slightly less buggy!
  • Acid Bolt is now properly a conjuration spell.
  • Arcane Tempest is less likely to get stuck on enemies forever.
  • Fixed a number of crowd control abilities that were not being properly counted as crowd control.
  • The Stone Giant walking around Gianthold has remembered how to use his legs again and will no longer hop along his path at a jaunty angle.
  • Uncanny Balance now has the correct prerequisites.
  • Hallowed items are now correctly Enhancement typed bonuses and not Sacred typed bonuses and also boost the correct stat.
  • Stormsinger's Electrocution now correctly triggers from Cold spells and boosts cold spell power.
  • Distraction from Feydark Illusionist may now properly be used without breaking stealth.
  • Kelas' Volatile Mixture is no longer secretly acting like a throwing dagger instead of an Orb.
  • Transcend Darkness may now be properly trained.
  • Fixed the names of Transcend Darkness and Transcend Light to better match the abilities granted.
  • Blossoming Peace now correctly adds its stun to Orchard Blossom.
  • Combat Brute no longer sticks to your weapon forever.
  • Burst of Glacial Wrath now properly takes the Embolden Metamagic.
  • The Silverscale augment now has a more accurate tooltip.
  • Removed erroneous weird recipes from the Hunt or Be Hunted raid turn-in.
  • Fixed typo in Legendary Winter set bonus.
  • Fixed a typo in Soul Survivor's quest journal text.
  • Cruel Cut and Mutilate now apply reliably.
  • Steal Life Force's heal now properly scales with 150% spell power.
  • Multiclassing into Monk now properly allows you to take Spring Attack and Ten Thousand Stars at Monk level 1 and 2.
  • Legendary Aim now applies correctly if you are using a Repeating Crossbow and/or a thrown weapon with something in your offhand.
General Gameplay Changes:
  • We've done some minor changes to the flow of the early game involving taverns in The Harbor. Tavern keepers in The Harbor can now be asked for "Quest Leads", and they will now grant vector quests leading to the various quests around The Harbor. This structure is an early prototype to help with new player onboarding. There is also a bit of info about Favor and the Adventure Compendium.
  • For Preview 2, talk to the barkeeps in the Wayward Lobster or the Leaky Dingy.
  • If you want to look at the full flow start a new character and do the Baudry Cartamon line, and he'll vector you to the Wayward Lobster.
UI and Engine Work:
  • You can now right click a party member in the party UI to send them a tell.
  • You can now move the Rune Arm Charge UI element.
  • The Experience Report window has gotten a slight overhaul!
    • The UI no longer reports about Bravery streaks, as that mechanic has been deprecated for several years.
    • The XP Report now contains less empty space.
    • The XP Report now reports starting Reaper XP accurately.
    • The XP Report now shows you the previously-hidden Reaper First Time Bonus to Reaper XP.
    • The XP Report now shows your estimated Reaper XP even if you have not activated Reaper XP by killing 10 monsters yet.
KNOWN ISSUES:
  • The XP awarded for previewed quests are not yet final.

Last edited by a moderator:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
We've never had any official SSG response to the reaper lockout for heroic quests when epic leveled having changed with a recent update. It used to be quests lvl 19 or lower were locked from being able to enter on reaper when a character was level 20 over above. A recent update changed this to follow the same 4 above base lock so a 20 could enter lvl 16 quest on reaper (within the 4 above base range). But there's been zero patch notes and zero feedback from SSG on this. The new quests are base 18. Was this reaper lockout change on purpose and intended to promote the new quest level choice? Or was this bug? Could someone from SSG finally answer this question.

Last edited:

32bliss

We've never had any official SSG response to the reaper lockout for heroic quests when epic leveled having changed with a recent update.
This would be nice. I first saw mention that this change was made on ddo wiki with U59, and tested it in game to make sure about a couple weeks ago or so. At the same time I also scoured U59 patch notes for it but couldn't find it anywhere. I absolutely love the change but wish it would be more official.

Cordovan

Community Manager
We've never had any official SSG response to the reaper lockout for heroic quests when epic leveled having changed with a recent update. It used to be quests lvl 19 or lower were locked from being able to enter on reaper when a character was level 20 over above. A recent update changed this to follow the same 4 above base lock so a 20 could enter lvl 16 quest on reaper (within the 4 above base range). But there's been zero patch notes and zero feedback from SSG on this. The new quests are base 18. Was this reaper lockout change on purpose and intended to promote the new quest level choice? Or was this bug? Could someone from SSG finally answer this question.
I can't speak as to why this was not in the original Update 59 release notes as I happened to not personally be available that release day nor the leading days prior, but yes, this was an intentional change in Update 59.

Ivor

I don't see a thread or notes here in the overview for the monster AI changes that were in preview 1. Were those changes reverted?

BuckGB

Barbarian's Frenzied Berserker tree still has the bug where taking the Level 31 feat "Two Handed Specialty" does not open up the "Angry Arms" line of enhancements for additional Strikethrough. Those enhancements are red, requiring "Two Handed Fighting" exclusively.

Edrein

Since there isn't a new thread regarding AI changes: Is there any plans to adjust the fear effect in the Acolyte of the Skin trees to use the newer cower effect instead of the old Cause Fear spell effect that causes enemies to run away and thus increase pathing in an instance?

Changing the fear to the cower in place would likely help alleviate some of the pathing lag issues as of late, as well as help the overall playability of the archetype's tree as mobs running away from you is rather frustrating/counter intuitive with warlock blast shapes.

Amoneth

Other Changes:​

• Fixed set bonus effect of the Menechtarun Scavenger set.
I can't even begin to describe my anger on this one! After spending MONTHS and TENS OF THOUSANDS of threads trying to get this as a second set bonus on the Gem of Many Facets, you nerf it!
And yes, I know it said +15 PRR in the description but we were also told that all these bonuses had been standardised to the correct level so I figured it was the description that was wrong, not the +30 bonus it actually gave. 🤬

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
I'm very pleased to see that you guys are trying to stay on top of newly reported bugs ever since the move to these new forums. Thank you, and keep it up.

In the first line of the post it says that Lam will stay up until
6:00pm Eastern (-4 GMT) on Friday, June 29th
but Friday is June 30th. Which is right, the Friday part or the 29th part? I certainly hope the Preview stays open until Friday, as there's a lot to digest.

Fisto Mk I

I can't even begin to describe my anger on this one! After spending MONTHS and TENS OF THOUSANDS of threads trying to get this as a second set bonus on the Gem of Many Facets, you nerf it!
And yes, I know it said +15 PRR in the description but we were also told that all these bonuses had been standardised to the correct level so I figured it was the description that was wrong, not the +30 bonus it actually gave. 🤬
It's surely must be description correction, not bonus nerf! +30 to Sheltering seem correct value to ML30 set, not +15 clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.