Reaper points?

seph1roth5

Definitely need a reward. I never understand people saying something is too easy. Not everyone has every character breezing through r10 lol. If r10 is a bore for you, do it on a 1st life, do it without fully meta'd gear, do it while alt+z'd or something.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Why would someone looking to enjoy a challenge post an LFM? So that someone else can do it for them? To lessen the challenge with a full party of others helping you?

I sometimes enjoy challenges. When I do a challenge run, it's either solo to see how far I can go by myself, or it's with a static group to push what we can do together. LFMs are never posted for these challenge runs. When I post an LFM, it's when I'm doing something more casually so I can socialize and meet new people, or I'm farming something and want extra pulls and/or want to help others at the same time.
Because I'm farming cards and it takes 4ever if I solo relative to just doing it in 3 minutes if I got a full group.

DBZ

Knowing the track record if you wait they'll probably be on plat ah soon enough decent enough plat sink

vryxnr

Because I'm farming cards and it takes 4ever if I solo relative to just doing it in 3 minutes if I got a full group.
What does that have to do with wanting a challenge? Wanting to farm gear/cards quickly is not the same thing as wanting a challenge.

Seems to me that most people who wanted the cards have already gotten them (there were lots of LFMs for them in the first weeks). No reason to post LFMs for things you already have. Burnout is also real, doing them like crazy until you can't do them anymore. No reason to post LFMs for content you don't want to do.

And no reason to post an LFM when you want to experience a challenge imo.

owl

Groups were running and completing R10s on day 1 of reaper for the challenge. That quickly wore off and it became just another grind, but reaper mode was a great decision. I prefer the reward system of hardcore, but some people are only motivated by the +1s.

The trees are definitely too rewarding - would have preferred smaller rewards (i.e., fewer hp, etc.)

songswrath

As someone with 200 plus r points. It's not the end of the world if trees go away but. Put some rewards in place. Say 100 points a cloak 125 a hat 150 blooded foot prints 200 a mount.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

I have yet to see a single Challenge Quest LFM in recent days. After everyone got their gear cursed (mostly to the useless effects) I think the challenge quests lost all their lustre.
I've seen them, but for the sake of argument accepting you're accurate, that just proves the point I was making: challenge is a chimera, and power is precedent.👍

Solarpower

I'm convinced that adding the Reaper Trees defeated the point of adding the Reaper quests.
You are not alone.
It was already being said even before Reaper Points were release. Yet, here they are.

So, take your #94513549873513+ membership card and move along. :LOL: Nothing going to change anyway.

Fanaval

1) There are parties that play R10 at lvl 1. I organized it and did it. Ofc was a perma-party. I am sure that anybody can understand the reason why the players that do that don't put on LFMs for a pug.
2) As many pointed out doing an R10 with 156 RP is a lot more difficult than doing R1s-R6s without RP.
3) As many pointed out ppl with more than 156 RP just want a small reward like cosmetics, so no power creep.

haagmaar123

instead of redoing the whole thing why not just add reaper 11-15 or somethin and give cosmetics and maybe more xp since it will prob take longer to complete.

Driaza

I dont see the issue here?

If you yourself want the extra challenge ... run the quests without taking any Reaper enhancements and group with similar minded folk. I doubt many people would run R10s for the fun of it with all the Reaper Enhancements off but to each their own.

But generally Reaper difficulty and reaper enhancements are just another grind for those who want it

You can play DDO any way you want and there are so many!

Solo
Grouped
Hires/ No hires
Solo difficulty through R10
Just play in wilderness - no quests
Dont play wilderness
TR forever (effectively for those with very limited play time)
Never TR

Is it that you dont want to group with people who have 100+ reaper points and they blow through the quest while you cannot?

Geezer

I'm convinced that adding the Reaper Trees defeated the point of adding the Reaper quests.

The whole point of Reaper Quests was to challenge players with multiple completionist titles who could blow through Elite quests.

Adding the tree system kind of defeats the whole point of Reaper being a challenge.

I guarantee you that nobody would be doing R-10 quests without the Reaper trees.
Yes, this as I have already said before. People wanted a challenge so the devs invented reaper mode. When the people got the challenge they wanted, they realized that it was way too easy to die in reaper mode so they whined that it was too hard. So the reaper trees came to be. NOW, that people have maxxed out the reaper tree, everythings too easy again. So whats next? Are the devs going to make the game more difficult so the R10 solo types are happy again and make the game unplayable for the causal player? I hope not.

hanul

The whole point of Reaper Quests was to challenge players with multiple completionist titles who could blow through Elite quests.

Adding the tree system kind of defeats the whole point of Reaper being a challenge.

I guarantee you that nobody would be doing R-10 quests without the Reaper trees.
Taking into account the few people who run reaper in hc... I would say it did not defeat the point.
On the other hand, is not like the reaper tree makes you super powerful nor is that easy to get the points.

haagmaar123

Yes, this as I have already said before. People wanted a challenge so the devs invented reaper mode. When the people got the challenge they wanted, they realized that it was way too easy to die in reaper mode so they whined that it was too hard. So the reaper trees came to be. NOW, that people have maxxed out the reaper tree, everythings too easy again. So whats next? Are the devs going to make the game more difficult so the R10 solo types are happy again and make the game unplayable for the causal player? I hope not.
how is the game going to be unplayable for you simply dont play reaper it has no effect on your player type i never understand these type posts its like u just have some goal to get rid of reaper because you dont want to play on that challenge.

festasha

I guess there will always be reaper haters but without it, running elite would be boring on multi-life characters and well-built toons.

For me running reapers brings back the old-school feeling of death being around every corner, especially when pushing your limits in higher skulls and it brings back the team effort to make the game more fun for me.

Reaper points are there for an incentive to run them otherwise what would be the point, as for reaper points giving extra boosts I guess it would be unfair to change the current system now, as there are people who have already maxed their reaper points and everyone else would struggle to catch up.

The only Idea I could think of would be to keep the current points system but increase the skulls with no boosts and offer rewards of kudos instead, add skulls to name tags, mounts, broken reaper wings of awesomeness lol... I don't know but I'm sure the community can come up with better ideas than that.

Shear-buckler

Reaper went live with the trees, so your story is false. Also, why shouldn't there be reaper trees? Adding a progression system to a progression based game makes perfect sense. There is no harm in the and the game is better for it. Decades of power creep had made elite too easy, reaper was necessary and the trees were a great idea.

Onyxia2016

First and foremost, @saekee for game improvement director. Or at least bring back the player council and actually listen to them this time.

As for reaper trees, I would be fine if they just disappeared. Still have RP's that can be spent for cosmetics or even exclusive reaper gear. This would allow for the treadmill aspect without pushing the power curve higher and higher with every point gained. All content would have a different feel and be more challenging, both reaper and non-reaper since power from RP would go away.

I would have much more respect for someone that has, say reaper wings that got them without reaper trees. That would mean they are a top notch player and one someone that relied on power bloat to get them there.