Reaper steed (cost)

CBDunk

There's a ransack? That is news to me.
Well, ransack prevents you from getting named items and other special drops... which none of the Night Revels quest chests actually HAVE.

Ergo, a ransacked Night Revels chest is going to drop... exactly the same stuff a non-ransacked Night Revels chest would.

nenetteblackmoor

Ransacks can also occur in Mabar.
Specifically, if you keep opening chests in quests level 32 or higher, you won't get anything after the 26th attempt.
Continuously opening chests gradually reduces the level of dropped items, and after 26 attempts, you won't receive any drops.
During this period, there is also a possibility of augment drops corresponding to the decreased chest level.

vryxnr

The mats you get from running the mabar/night revels quests are not from a chest, they are auto-granted on completion. Thus chest ransack does not come into the equation. The poster who brought up ransacking chests is mistaken in how the event and farming mats here works. The chests in the quests will ransack, but they only give random-gen items anyways, and isn't the goal of running these quests.

ghostlycold

I ran into this issue I'm a returning player and I have been grinding hours for the red mount I along with my kid have been able to solo run these quests we started the day it came out and so far have been able to achieve the normal mount you get for cheap the beholder pet the dragon pet and my kid started and finished a level 24 cloak of night I'm working with many ideas but cosmetics that do nothing are not something that's going to catch players attention yes cool but not for the scale cost I think if your spending 240 mats a piece for that red mount it should be able to do something more than just a simple color change devs need to make it right with us playes. When I first played the game you got vip and had access to everything now it's buy this pack and buy that pack also you have to buy vip so cost seems to be something I've seen to go up but Nothing to show for it sad to see a great game turn to this.. However I'll admit for being such an old game I'm surprised to see anyone still playing at all I remember way back when you couldn't even walk into market place without glitching do to how many players were online so ddo devs this message is a serious concern if you don't start making things worth what your asking you can expect many more to quit playing. DDO is not new it's very well known now and those who are returning such as myself are likely very disappointed to see what the game has become

Matsu

I have only read the first four pages of this topic and I guess I am slightly at a loss.

To be honest this is the only festival I don't mind. I have a strong dislike for the others. Maybe I am biased and that shows.

Level 14/15 character running on Challenge 20.
Beyond the Spectral Scales (which should have been 120 to be in line with the rest of the ingredients cost) I don't believe the cost was outrageous.

The only grind for me was Eternity Unleashed which I had to run 11 times for the Cosmetic, and 3 additional times for the Pseudo Dragon (I was short 1 Scale). As for the rest of the quests, it was once thorough on the shorter one (XP) and four or five times through on the longer one, roughly 45 ingredients per run. All toll it was right about three hours including getting the keys, which still blows my mind when people complain about getting keys. Without an XP Pot I think it was 850K worth of XP which is roughly 79XP per second, which isn't great but it's better than a kick in the teeth.

I run these quests/challenges solo at 5 levels above my character, I died once to the lag I mean spin mobs of death in Eternity Unleashed.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
I've gotten everything I need over 3 days including the red mount.

I'm beginning to suspect that there is a MASSIVE disparity in the hardcore players like mysef and some of you here who can do the GY Framework mabar quest in under 2 minutes and other not-so-hardcore players who may take a tad longer.

I've time and time again explained and voiced my opinion on this vexing problem. DDO needs to be much more newbie friendly -the Amber Temple adjustments ahould just be the start.-

Reactions: dur

HighLordPudding

While I do agree the mount is over priced, and for all the complaining I see about it being over priced. I am also seeing a lot of the new mounts running around all ready.

ghostlycold

I have only read the first four pages of this topic and I guess I am slightly at a loss.

To be honest this is the only festival I don't mind. I have a strong dislike for the others. Maybe I am biased and that shows.

Level 14/15 character running on Challenge 20.
Beyond the Spectral Scales (which should have been 120 to be in line with the rest of the ingredients cost) I don't believe the cost was outrageous.

The only grind for me was Eternity Unleashed which I had to run 11 times for the Cosmetic, and 3 additional times for the Pseudo Dragon (I was short 1 Scale). As for the rest of the quests, it was once thorough on the shorter one (XP) and four or five times through on the longer one, roughly 45 ingredients per run. All toll it was right about three hours including getting the keys, which still blows my mind when people complain about getting keys. Without an XP Pot I think it was 850K worth of XP which is roughly 79XP per second, which isn't great but it's better than a kick in the teeth.

I run these quests/challenges solo at 5 levels above my character, I died once to the lag I mean spin mobs of death in Eternity Unleashed.
I was running 7 levels ahead of myself both me and my kiddo so I can understand that the cost of things are not so bad per say but the principle of 240 mats for a color change isn't something a veteran player would be hyped about. I cannot speak for everyone else of course but I can say grinding the spectral dragon even my kid was thinking why just for the color it would make sense if it did something more than just show different color I personally am going for it just in case they do decide to make the red mount do something different than the cheaper one devs said they wanted to release a new dungeon in this year but didn't have the time and not much information was given beyond the new red mount actually being more red. Simply put when I ran the best gear in the game you could find was in shroud and most quests didn't exist yet I pushed about 6 toons to 20 then the cap increased so I was done for many years came back and seen the game had changed so much I do enjoy mist chain However those give you great loot night is one of my fav events also but chests ransacked red mount cost 240 mats just because a color change and the cost fact of get vip then buy this pack so on as explained above in prior post I guess I expected more from the devs when these guys took over for the original creators of ddo sold out they promised more quests they definitely delivered it but was to remain open to vip I'm not really one to complain as much as it sounds like but just more concerned about us players as a whole where you look in game and just no one is playing anymore in cc I was surprised to glitch and catch a little lag from how many played it but night event I've barely seen anyone in and I imagine that other players (might) feel like cosmetic is not exactly exciting enough to care to grind hours on but the flip side is pop an xp potion it definitely was worth the xp run

Draculetta

I was pretty excited about that horse, until I saw the cost... Not really sure I want to grind all those quests 11 times for that.. Ugh.. I'm torn...

CBDunk

I was pretty excited about that horse, until I saw the cost... Not really sure I want to grind all those quests 11 times for that.. Ugh.. I'm torn...

Only the dragon quest needs to be done 11 times. The whole thing can be completed in 30 quest runs.

OR... you can get the original reaper steed, which is identical except for a blue caparison rather than red, for about 1/5th the materials / ~8 quest runs.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
It's just some edgelord mount that is exactly the same as every other edgelord mount in this game... just get the blue one for a couple of runs or just quit moping about it. Holy cow...

Marshal_Lannes

I already have the Red Reaper mount. The cost might look high but it's fine. They want people playing the festival and this encourages it. Once people get the mount it will be difficult to get groups as for many that's the only reason they are running it. I didn't find the grind for the mount onerous. It felt right, and, rewarding.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
I was running 7 levels ahead of myself both me and my kiddo so I can understand that the cost of things are not so bad per say but the principle of 240 mats for a color change isn't something a veteran player would be hyped about. I cannot speak for everyone else of course but I can say grinding the spectral dragon even my kid was thinking why just for the color it would make sense if it did something more than just show different color I personally am going for it just in case they do decide to make the red mount do something different than the cheaper one devs said they wanted to release a new dungeon in this year but didn't have the time and not much information was given beyond the new red mount actually being more red. Simply put when I ran the best gear in the game you could find was in shroud and most quests didn't exist yet I pushed about 6 toons to 20 then the cap increased so I was done for many years came back and seen the game had changed so much I do enjoy mist chain However those give you great loot night is one of my fav events also but chests ransacked red mount cost 240 mats just because a color change and the cost fact of get vip then buy this pack so on as explained above in prior post I guess I expected more from the devs when these guys took over for the original creators of ddo sold out they promised more quests they definitely delivered it but was to remain open to vip I'm not really one to complain as much as it sounds like but just more concerned about us players as a whole where you look in game and just no one is playing anymore in cc I was surprised to glitch and catch a little lag from how many played it but night event I've barely seen anyone in and I imagine that other players (might) feel like cosmetic is not exactly exciting enough to care to grind hours on but the flip side is pop an xp potion it definitely was worth the xp run
Here, have some periods: ………………………
Sprinkle a few around your posts 😀

Oh, I do agree with you, as well. Just poking a bit of fun.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I've gotten everything I need over 3 days including the red mount.

I'm beginning to suspect that there is a MASSIVE disparity in the hardcore players like mysef and some of you here who can do the GY Framework mabar quest in under 2 minutes and other not-so-hardcore players who may take a tad longer.

I've time and time again explained and voiced my opinion on this vexing problem. DDO needs to be much more newbie friendly -the Amber Temple adjustments ahould just be the start.-
Massive disparity? Yeah. Me too, though I call it 'the hidden luck roll.'

Just a tad longer? ROFLMAO! It took me at least 20 minutes to run the GY @ 30..

eta: I saw 5 pumpkin head 'champions' leveling my L4 dark hunter. One dropped a chest, another buried it in the stairs (blocked), and the rest dropped nada. I got 1 key, 2 chests, and 6 chocolates out of 6-8 punkin heads.

Last edited:

CBDunk

I don't consider myself a 'hardcore player', but I can solo zerg all of the Night Revels quests in just a few minutes. If you've got a group that can split up, Grave Work is actually one of the quickest... hit the necromancer, pumpkin king, and chieftain roughly simultaneously and then ballista or dimension door back. Full stars, about a minute.

I agree that the game should be MUCH more friendly for new players. Amber Temple? Most new players never even GET that far. The 'talk to bartenders' change for early quests was a good change for people starting out.

• Sad
Reactions: dur

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I don't consider myself a 'hardcore player', but I can solo zerg all of the Night Revels quests in just a few minutes. If you've got a group that can split up, Grave Work is actually one of the quickest... hit the necromancer, pumpkin king, and chieftain roughly simultaneously and then ballista or dimension door back. Full stars, about a minute.

I agree that the game should be MUCH more friendly for new players. Amber Temple? Most new players never even GET that far. The 'talk to bartenders' change for early quests was a good change for people starting out.
The point went over there. How many keys did you get?

Reifee - Orien

Gosh
337 words and Two periods. I thought I was the only one who did this! Bravo Ghost!

Kathwynn

As for collecting keys. I have virtually stopped running the grave yard. I find that one of my toons. A 1st lifer Dark Hunter has the d***est luck in quests in getting keys. So, when I run out of keys I hop on that toon and run quests.

As for new people coming into the game. The guild that the wife and i belong to have two brand new players. As in having started in the last couple of months new. The learning curve for this game is steep. I had forgotten just how steep until they started to ask questions about builds and what to do in a quest. One of them, the other night pops into the chat room saying he started a to run a wizard. !st life wizard, new player.... I wish I were just that new and naïve to think the game would be that forgiving of a new player running a 1st life wizard, solo. I guess I am somewhat of a curmudgeon these days.

I do not play casters myself,(yeah, I am going to have to at some point to get completionist) but I did have some gear and extra plat to at least give him a fighting chance. Some other decided to join him on Korthos with low level toons. His question, by the way, was how do you get your spells to work. The game should at the very least show that to a new player running the grotto. But that is just me and my own opinion.