Reaper XP calculations

Sympl

I tried to hash through this on the old forums quite some time ago. I ended up getting close enough to an answer that I just quit chasing details, but I'm getting curious again....
I understand how the base Reaper xp is figgured. I can do that math and have it match the xp window every time.

Heroics: (50 + 3 (quest level on Normal) x (number of skulls), times 2 if the base level is 30 or higher

No sweat. I'm tracking.

I know that Bravery (or delving) bonuses and tome of learning bonuses don't count. And that ship buffs, Voice/Master'sGift/Mantle, xp pot bonuses get modified on the final payout.

But I'm still having trouble getting from the listed base Reaper XP at the top of the xp window to the xp amount shown at the bottom of the window (Now that the ui actually shows it prior to killing 10 monsters, it's even more obvious that I'm missing something.

Example1:

Level 12 character steps into a Reaper 10 Gateway to Khyber (short length quest)
Base XP shows as 256, xp after killing 10 things will be 830

Example2:

Level 12 character steps into a Reaper 10 Heywire Foundry (very long length quest)
Base XP shows as 448, xp after killing 10 things will be 1454

I can't make the math work. It's bothering the everloving stew out of me.

I can figure regular xp exactly with bonuses rolled in. I want to be able to do the same with RXP.

Anybody out there with a solid grasp on this? Consulting the wiki about this doesn't help....because I wrote half of the current explanation. And while it's closer to right than it was before I got to it......it still isn't.

I could post more details, but the post would just start to get bogged down in numbers. If someone "gets it", they won't need my confused bumblings to explain it to me anyways....

Edit: TL;DR: I found where I was making a big mistake on my end with the help of rabidfox. Life is good for my poor little brain again!

Last edited:

Sympl

I'll go ahead and bury some of my numbers here....outside the main post:

Level 12 character steps into a Reaper 10 Gateway to Khyber (short length quest)

As of Update 34 Patch 2, RXP is modified based on the length of quest, short supposedly being 0.8...that's supposed to happen before any calculations if I'm understanding things right, so the modified Base XP will be 256 x 0.8, which is 204.8 - Which depending on rounding is either going to be 204 or 205.

200% first time bonus + 10% not getting killed + 10% not re-entering = base +220% or 330% x base.

204 x 3.3 = 673.2
205 x 3.3 = 676.5

XP window says 830.

I tried to backwards engineer the numbers and the closest I got was from changing the RXP modifier from 0.8 to 0.9, then applying the 200% bonus, and then applying the other bonuses to that total instead of the base or modifed base.

256 x 0.9 = 230.4
230.4 x 3 = 691.2
691.2 x 1.2 = 829.44

But then I couldn't seem to do the same for the 'very long' quest. that is supposed to have a 1.4 modifier.

The closest I could come was still using the 0.9 modifier.....same as the short quest.....

448 x 0.9 = 403.2
403.2 x 3 = 1209.6
1209.6 x 1.2 = 1451.52

So....I'm missing something somewhere. Big time.

Sympl

Ransack, conquest, trapping %'s too
I'm talking about before that. I'm talking about making the top of the xp report ON ENTRY to the quest, get to what is being shown at the bottom of the xp report AT THAT MOMENT. We can add other bonuses in later. Just pretend you stealthed the quest and only had to kill 10 things without gaining any bonuses. I don't want to introduce extra variables at this point.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Base * (100% + 200% + 10% + 10% + 5%) = base (325%)
448 * 3.25 = 1456

256 * 3.25 = 832
I know the 200% is 1st, the 10% and 10% are listed. There's a very near 5% bonus that I don't know where it comes from. But it seems to be the hidden value from your 2 examples and a couple quests I stepped into. I wonder what that hidden value is from.

Sympl

Base * (100% + 200% + 10% + 10% + 5%) = base (325%)
448 * 3.25 = 1456

256 * 3.25 = 832
I know the 200% is 1st, the 10% and 10% are listed. There's a very near 5% bonus that I don't know where it comes from. But it seems to be the hidden value from your 2 examples and a couple quests I stepped into. I wonder what that hidden value is from.
Just found my mistake....I HAD already worked the length modifiers into my spreadsheet formulas......:🤦: Knew I was missing something big.

It IS already in the base xp listed.......I feel a lot better now. Thanks for being a sounding board.....and yeah...that hidden 5% is part of what I was trying to nail down as well, but I was just way off in left field because of my other oversight. :D

Sympl

There's a very near 5% bonus that I don't know where it comes from. But it seems to be the hidden value from your 2 examples and a couple quests I stepped into. I wonder what that hidden value is from.

It's not VIP related. I just checked with equally leveled characters from a VIP and a Premium account and got the same numbers.

When they both go in together, the VIP spikes a little, but that's because of the +1% VIP group bonus perk.

I don't have a character viable to check, but I wonder if the 5% ship buff is getting figured in at this point instead of at the end with xp pots and VoM.....? It's the only thing I can think of outside of a 'hidden' bump. I'll check it later, but it's going to be a heckuva time before I have a character that isn't ship buffed. I tend to keep them all pretty refreshed/non-expired.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
IDK. I checked on a character with no ships buffs and no VOM and get that hidden almost 5% number. I'm sure there's some math reason for it; but I'm as stumped as you on it.

Sympl

IDK. I checked on a character with no ships buffs and no VOM and get that hidden almost 5% number. I'm sure there's some math reason for it; but I'm as stumped as you on it.
I'll just figure it into my calculations without knowing the origin. I mean, as long as it's consistent.....I guess I don't reeeeally care.....once again, thanks for helping me muddle through this. Sometimes I just need a second set of eyes looking before I see what I've done wrong myself. Something about ego being blinding or something, I'm sure. :D

Sympl

I'll just figure it into my calculations without knowing the origin. I mean, as long as it's consistent.....I guess I don't reeeeally care.....once again, thanks for helping me muddle through this. Sometimes I just need a second set of eyes looking before I see what I've done wrong myself. Something about ego being blinding or something, I'm sure. :D
Found it. Now I feel like an idiot. Just after I worked it into my equations as a permanent thing, too.......time to go revert......

:🤣:

Sympl

Final Quest analysis:

5-man level 12 VIP run on Gateway to Khyber

Base RXP 126
+200% first-time
+4% VIP party size bonus
+25% Conquest
+10% Persistence
+10% Flawless Victory
+25% Daily Playthrough
+5% Hidden Bonus (which has to be the event bonus as the bonuses listed below line up with what they should be).

126 x 3.79 = 477.54

XP log states 475

Chatlog states +71 bonus reaper xp (~15% of 475) and +47 bonus VIP xp (~10% of 475) for a total payout of 593.

Boosters I was running: Master's Gift (5%), Ship Buffs (5%), xp pot (5%).

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Found it. Now I feel like an idiot. Just after I worked it into my equations as a permanent thing, too.......time to go revert......

:🤣:

Was gonna mention the different bonuses they have throughout the year. :)

rabidfox

The People's Champion
A completely obvious bonus and yet totally easy to forget about too. Nice job figuring it out.

Growltiger

For what it's worth I'm exceptionally dull and created a google sheet to work out reaper xp, xp and favour for hardcore life planning. This thread helped me hugely so I thought I'd share it...

It's pretty self explanatory, select the quests you plan to do in the "to do" column, check them off in the "done" column. Select the bonusses at the end of the quest for an accurate readout!

Of course it doesn't take into account optional objectives and there may be the occasional rounding issue so there's a balancing row for ad hoc value correction!

I wouldn't use this in normal gaming of course but my play time is sadly very limited now and I use this to get my hardcore objectives planned efficiently. Seems like hard work now that I write it down though...

Side