Recent changes to search function on quest Panel?

Aelonwy

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember being able to search by quest level last Hard Core where for instance I could use the search function to see quests level 2 and only level 2. But I just tried it now on a recently TRed to Iconic character and I'm seeing level 1's that are also epic 21, level 3's that can also be 23 or 32, 5's to 18's so long as they have an epic counterpart with 2 in the digits.

Has it lost the ability to select for heroic level only or am I misremembering? Or is there some means by which to search for just heroic levels that I either don't know or have forgotten the trick?

Reactions: DBZ

rabidfox

The People's Champion
  • You may now search the Adventure Compendium for Epic Level.
Before you couldn't search certain epic level quests in there correctly. Gained one thing, makes the other a bit less ideal. 2 steps forward, 1 back.

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember being able to search by quest level last Hard Core where for instance I could use the search function to see quests level 2 and only level 2. But I just tried it now on a recently TRed to Iconic character and I'm seeing level 1's that are also epic 21, level 3's that can also be 23 or 32, 5's to 18's so long as they have an epic counterpart with 2 in the digits.

Has it lost the ability to select for heroic level only or am I misremembering? Or is there some means by which to search for just heroic levels that I either don't know or have forgotten the trick?
It looks like when we adjusted that UI to allow for the searching of Epic Levels, it revealed a bit of a problem with our searching algorithm - the game thinks that when you search for a "2" that you'd be okay with any result with a "2" anywhere in its data!

Good news - this is totally fixable. In an upcoming patch, the Adventure Compendium will only return an exact match for Level and Epic Level - and, as a bonus, the Quest Selection UI used in LFM creation will also begin using Epic Level as part of its searching profile, which will make LFM creation in Epics a little easier. Thank you!

Zaszgul

It looks like when we adjusted that UI to allow for the searching of Epic Levels, it revealed a bit of a problem with our searching algorithm - the game thinks that when you search for a "2" that you'd be okay with any result with a "2" anywhere in its data!

Good news - this is totally fixable. In an upcoming patch, the Adventure Compendium will only return an exact match for Level and Epic Level - and, as a bonus, the Quest Selection UI used in LFM creation will also begin using Epic Level as part of its searching profile, which will make LFM creation in Epics a little easier. Thank you!
Just curious, could you also make it match against Favor Patron? It seems to sort of do this now, but I couldn't tell you what it's doing. This may need separate search fields to not be counterintuitive.

Example search for "twelve", which turns up a bunch of stuff for the patron but is missing all of Vale of Twilight quests and likely others. Some of those for other patrons are in "The Twelve" zone, but again there are others from that zone missing and I have no idea how WPM got matched. At any rate, even if you don't want it to allow filter by patron, search is already very weird/counterintuitive for various terms.

comp-search-12.jpg

Trensen

Hi! I don't know if it's been brought up before, but could you remove the Temple of Elemental Evil Parts 1 and 2 (Level 7 and Level 30) from the Adventure Compendium? It's impossible to complete them now that ToEE has been broken down into the several quests.

Thanks!

Fisto Mk I

Hi! I don't know if it's been brought up before, but could you remove the Temple of Elemental Evil Parts 1 and 2 (Level 7 and Level 30) from the Adventure Compendium? It's impossible to complete them now that ToEE has been broken down into the several quests.

Thanks!
I still have some toons completed this parts and have favor for it and i'm not planning to TR them immediately, so no, no thx.

The Narc

Y

Thanks!
Yeah they should put a time notification on this, for example “we will be removing this quests from the compendium in July, the favor for these quest will be held in the patron favor list until a TR but the quests will no longer be shown in the compendium under the quest list”.

Pretty simple fix

Aelonwy

Much appreciated and looking forward to it!:)

Trensen

Y

Yeah they should put a time notification on this, for example “we will be removing this quests from the compendium in July, the favor for these quest will be held in the patron favor list until a TR but the quests will no longer be shown in the compendium under the quest list”.

Pretty simple fix
Don't disagree. whatever keeps everyone happy and is minimal impact on dev resources.