Reincarnation bug

Seppi Pearlsmith

Reincarnated today and after setting up the abilities the game just jumped across the appearance and alignment bit and created a lawful good ugly looking character for me.
Flagged my wife's toon for reincarnation but now I am worried it will do the same with her character too which will lock her out of her build and will make it look probably so ugly that she will stop playing.
I planned to keep these as a team at cap and did not plan to reincarnate them again.
ps.: I have restarted the game after rebooting my computer before I begin the reincanation and did not take long to allocte abilities.

Last edited:

Seppi Pearlsmith

Was it because of misclick when trying to select your alignment? Because Tonquin adjusted that menu recently because of that issue. https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/please-move-the-alignment-dropdown-menu-location.5537/ But maybe it still needs more adjustments. Or was is something else that resulted in you skipping/clicking thru too fast?
Thank you for the answer, I haven't had time to click. When I clicked to approve my choices (you know where it lists your skill points) it jummped to appearance screen and loaded the status bar without having any chance to click anywhere on the screen. Unlucky on the top I got a face a PDK would laugh at...
ps.: Moving the alignment bar is a very good suggestion.

Silverfox

I have two characters I can't reincarnate one it won't finish the other is fine until I log out and I need to do it again

Is the one that won't finish a warlock? If so your alignment and pact must line up correctly to finish the reincarnation depending on the type of reincarnation you are doing.

Pact Choices​

Every Warlock chooses one of the six Pacts at character creation: Fey, Fiend, Great Old One, Celestial, Abyss or Carceri Storm. This defines the source of the Warlock's power and determines several variables for the Warlock's development. The choice is permanent. As of Update 36 Patch 3, Pacts have been made a type of Bond, meaning that they cannot be active at the same time as an Aasimar's bond or the Half-Elf's Warlock Dilettante ability.

VariableAcquired at LevelFeyFiendGreat Old OneCelestialAbyssCarceri Storm
Alignment Restriction(character creation)Nonenot be Goodnot be Lawfulnot be Chaoticnot be GoodNone