Please move the alignment dropdown menu location

rabidfox

The People's Champion
This was brought up on the old forums and is still an issue. When making a character, the drop down menu for alignment choice is right over the create button; if possible to click the create button by mistake and get locked into the wrong alignment. This is a huge deal when planning to multi-class to alignment restricted classes (especially nasty to have happen on a TR life).
xgMZbRm.jpg

If one's mouse is slightly to the left of the wording and still in the black box of the drop down menu, it'll click the creation button. You can see that the creation button is lit up here while the mouse is located inside the highlighted area.
HYPddiA.jpg

Please either move the alignment choice and its drop down to under the create button or move the create button's location so it isn't under the drop down menu. Thx.

Upvote 13

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
Good suggestion. I'd also like it to not have a selection by default so you have to click on something and can't accidentally click through.
It used to, might still, I haven't checked, change your alignment selection back to default whenever you moved backwards in the creation engine to change something previous.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Very, very good point. The create button shouldn't be anywhere near that dropdown menu...

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
This was brought up on the old forums and is still an issue. When making a character, the drop down menu for alignment choice is right over the create button; if possible to click the create button by mistake and get locked into the wrong alignment. This is a huge deal when planning to multi-class to alignment restricted classes (especially nasty to have happen on a TR life).
xgMZbRm.jpg

If one's mouse is slightly to the left of the wording and still in the black box of the drop down menu, it'll click the creation button. You can see that the creation button is lit up here while the mouse is located inside the highlighted area.
HYPddiA.jpg

Please either move the alignment choice and its drop down to under the create button or move the create button's location so it isn't under the drop down menu. Thx.
This has been fixed internally, and will be in an upcoming patch. Thank you!

More details:

Here are two screenshots showing the fixed behavior:

cgBVtUA.png

In this screenshot, I am hovering over the Lawful Neutral line, and as you can see, the Create button is not highlighted.

Qh7D3zf.png

In this screenshot, I have moved my mouse to the Create button, showing its highlighted state.

In the fixed behavior flow, clicking the mouse while within the drop down menu no longer travels downwards through to the Create button.

Ahpuch

More details:

cgBVtUA.png

In this screenshot, I am hovering over the Lawful Neutral line, and as you can see, the Create button is not highlighted.

Qh7D3zf.png

In this screenshot, I have moved my mouse to the Create button, showing its highlighted state.

In the fixed behavior flow, clicking the mouse while within the drop down menu no longer travels downwards through to the Create button.
That is a great improvement but it would be even better if the Create button was not clickable while the alignment button drop down was open. Just in case someone clicks to the right of the dropdown. I f the dropdown menu was made as large as the label portion so it was at least as big as Create that should solve even that niche case.

axel15810

More details:

cgBVtUA.png

Qh7D3zf.png

This is an improvement and maybe I'm missing something but wouldn't it be better to just move either the alignment menu or create button so they're not anywhere near each other? That way the alignment drop down menu doesn't go over the create button at all? Could put the create button on the bottom right corner of the screen, for example.

If not possible or desirable, then as others have said, a creation confirmation would be wonderful if the create button is clickable at all when that alignment menu is open.

Last edited:

Aaabbbcccddd

They are already two "Create" buttons on that form. I would just delete the one under the alignment selection. Or do they do different things?

Aaabbbcccddd

That is a great improvement but it would be even better if the Create button was not clickable while the alignment button drop down was open. Just in case someone clicks to the right of the dropdown. I f the dropdown menu was made as large as the label portion so it was at least as big as Create that should solve even that niche case.
That is definitely a good idea because it is not that hard to missclick when you play on 4k.

droid327

And there's also the chance that you accidentally double-click on the alignment and immediately commit to Create

Why not just have it be a drop-up instead of a drop-down menu? Seems like probably the easiest solution there

Eme

+2 from me. I've complained about this before when trying to create a toon .
Abysmal design fail to have a dropdown over the create button.

Ahpuch

And there's also the chance that you accidentally double-click on the alignment and immediately commit to Create

Why not just have it be a drop-up instead of a drop-down menu? Seems like probably the easiest solution there
I would suggest moving the Create button below the Appearance box would be the simplest (having fought with drop down layouts in various UIs). Or removing it and making the user use the one in the lower left of the screen.

And to Tonquin: Don't you hate it when you do people a solid and they quibble over how you could have done it better. Sorry for that.