Remove upgrade tomes from loot tables

Dragavon

Tomes are rare enough that dilluting them with the rubbish upgrade tomes is in no way necessary. Even very active players goes weeks without seeing any tomes.

Getting an upgrade tome feels like a slap in the face, not something that makes you happy. The only thing they are good for is crunch them into purified dragonshards for crafting.

Give us real tomes not rubbish.

Upvote 4

Cyran

Ideally just getting rid of upgrade tomes would be nice but if devs think that going to far, at the very least please change upgrade tomes to give +1 up to it upgrade amount. So a +4 upgrade tome can be use to go from +1 to +2 or +2 to +3 or +3 to +4. The vast majority of the chests I loot is at end game so I have multiple +4 to +5 upgrade tomes of same skill but no +3 to +4 of the tome which gets annoying. Would be nice to be able to use two +5 upgrades to go from 3 to 5.

Archaic

It was a sly way to 1.) Take up inventory 2.) Get people to buy tomes
Dedicated players would buy Supreme tomes for their most active characters anyway.
These things are hoarded mostly for alts.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Since we can earn through sagas +3 tomes and at cap we can find some +4 to +5 tomes, actually a +3 to +4 tome would be pretty useful for those who dont have the +5 on any skills.
I am speaking about skill tomes not stat tomes.
I have I dont know how many +4 to +5 on a bank toon and I am not able to use them cause my alts missing the step from 3 to 4.

The Narc

Necro chain giver 3s n 4 upgrades

And or material dual blanks items
This is what i found in abbot raid reward lists:

Chance at any named loot at all is 10% on Normal, 16% on Hard, 33% on Elite per person opening the chest (rates verified in Update 48, before Update 13 they were 16%/20%/25% and later 16%, 18%, 20%).

If you get a named item, the distribution is (verified in Update 19.1, before Update 19 they were the same except tomes were 3.75% +3 ability tomes BtC and 1.25% +3 to +4 ability tomes BtA):

That is like getting 1 every 100 runs of that raid

So any other places would be more than welcome

droid327

Upgrade tomes are still useful - I've used them before

If you dont need them, trade them on the AH. I have a few alts where I'm not going to spend the money on a Store tome and I'm not going to play them enough to level them up with +5 Favor tomes. So I'll just buy tomes on the AH as they pop up, and work my way up to +5 eventually on the stats that matter. Its a good way to earn/spend plat on the low values...and you can pick up a few AS on the higher values

Except maybe for +1 to +2s...those are pretty negligible since its easier to get +2s than +1s to start with.

Visik

Ideally just getting rid of upgrade tomes would be nice but if devs think that going to far, at the very least please change upgrade tomes to give +1 up to it upgrade amount. So a +4 upgrade tome can be use to go from +1 to +2 or +2 to +3 or +3 to +4. The vast majority of the chests I loot is at end game so I have multiple +4 to +5 upgrade tomes of same skill but no +3 to +4 of the tome which gets annoying. Would be nice to be able to use two +5 upgrades to go from 3 to 5.

I've had the idea that all upgrade tomes should be a simple +1 to your current stat, but your idea is better. It greatly improves their usefulness without making the ones you get in lower-level quests OP. I like it.