Renegade Mastermaker Rebalance

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
I play a lot in the RMM tree and have a few simple but useful recommendations for a better tree action point cost and functionality.
@Torc @SteelStar @Tonquin

• Cores: I think the cores are generally good and dont need corrections. Maybe each core ability in this tree, incliding this one, could grant +3 or 5 Repair Amplification and the capstone could give +4 stats (+4 Con and +4 Int) cause it will be the new standard as it seems. It is very hard to build up a decent Repair Amplification for a WF/BF compared to Healing Amp for fleshies. This way this tree would grant 48-60 repair Amp (compared to the 30)

• Tier 1
    • Curative Admixture: Cure light Wounds: Doesnt need change
    • Easily Fixed: It is ok as it is, but a slight buff to +20 Heal amp and +30 Repair amp wont hurt anyone. Building up a decent repair amp is more difficult compared to Heal amp
    • Supporting Construction: Doesnt need change
    • Well-Rounded Maker: Doesnt need change
    • Toughnes: Doesnt need change

• Tier 2
    • Kinetic Discharge: Doesnt need to change it but IMHO noone takes tier 2 or 3 because of there is simply not enough AP. Tier 1 already gives the slow effect tier 2 and 3 only raising the W. Make Kinetic Discharge a 1 AP/ 1 Tier only Cleave Attack with +10% damage with the original features.
    • Mighty Slam: This is one of my favorite feature in this tree. The mini aoe/cleave stun is an awesome skill and makes the RMM tree unique. I know it supposed to be a single target attack but please Devs just correct the tooltip to Tactical Melee Cleave Attack. Also dont need multiply tiers here. We use this only for the stun effect followed by another active attacks which have already greater W and damage. My suggestion is to change it to 1 Tier only enhancement, but for 2 AP cost cause it is a Cleave stun (still can save 1 APs).
    • Armor Mastery: Doesnt need change
    • Converter: This is also a very useful feature. Now that Machrotechnic tree offers Mending burst, it would be awesome if there would be a multiselector for converter. 1: Same as the original Single Target Converter for 3 mins. 2nd: Multi Target Converter 4-6 persons for 60-90 sec. If it would be possible to put both icons on our hotbar and decide dependent on the situation which one we wanna use would be the best. Of course option 1 and 2 share the cooldown so cant use both at the same time. It would be very useful in raids for melees. Could selfheal and heal for example the tank at the same time and/or more WF and BF or ICE players in a self centered AoE radius.
    • Action Boost: I personally dont use them and I doubt anyone uses these boosts. This can be replaced with something else.
    • For example something like an ability like this:
      • If you cast Reinforce Construct on yourself or a friend (lvl 2 Arti spell) it gives Temporary Hit Points equal to your repair skills or
      • If you cast Reinforce Construct on yourself or a friend it gives +20 Repair Amplification for 3 mins (synergy with converter)

• Tier 3
    • Empty slot: Move Curative Admixture: Cure Critical Wounds here from T5
    • Battlefist: After playing 4 years Melee Artificer I came to a conclusion that Battlefist is total useless. It cannot be used on rednames/bosses (or on KO immune mobs like undeads/plants) and on casual mobs if you cant kill them in 6 seconds there is something wrong with the build. Not to mention there are more tools to stun mobs (Dire Charge, Tactical Detonation and more). Instead of extend the stun effect of Migty Slam would be more useful to raise the DC of Mighty Slam from 10 to 14 (as I mentioned it earlier too) or upgrade Mighty Slam to be able to stun non redname mobs with KO immunity (undead/plants/etc)
    • Reinforced Armor: Doesnt need change
    • Shielding Construct: The 2 min cooldown is very short. There are already many things to micromanage. Would be better if the duration could scale with Artificer levels or just give it a 5 min duration. Or just turn it to only dispelled by antimagic and death. And of course the the visual. Also recasting it does not renew the duration and when it expires I have to wait the long cooldown to be able to cast it again.
    • Stat: Doesnt need change

• Tier 4
    • Kinetic Charge Doesnt need change (Awesome feature)
    • Reconstruct: Reduce AP cost 1AP/Tier (saves 3-5 AP) - Do the same AP reduction in the Bladeforge tree for Communion of Scribing!!!
    • Embed Component: Doesnt need change, tho in addition here could be added +5%10%15 Repair Amp.
    • Warding Construct: Doesnt need change only the visual
    • Stat: Doesnt need change

• Tier 5
    • Curative Admixture: Heal - This would allow us to have Curative Admixture potions at all level (light/serious/critical/heal) and/or add the heal spell to lvl 6 spells into the spellbook of artificers.
    • Unbreakable Forcefields: Doesnt need change
    • Paragon Body: Doesnt need change
    • Regeneration Construct: It has synergy with the Single/Multi Target Converter and Mending Burst from Machrotechnic ED tree. But it's useless in reaper. Some improvement is needed here.
    • Mastermaker: Doesnt need change
Construct visuals: Is it possible for the Constructs (Converter/Shielding/Warding/Regeneration) visuals to give a better appearance? If I have all of them I look like an X-mas tree with those colorful bulbs above my head. Something like the visuals of the Ioun Stones would be much better and cooler. The current visuals cover the view and cannot do jumps properly or solve puzzles. The runearm charge UI is also positioned above the character's head and the reaper wings are there too. I like that visual tho just make it much smaller (like butterfly crown or ioun stone visuls)

This is it. Hope all of you like these changes I suggested and I hope it will happen soon in one of the upcoming updates.
Please share this thread and give support and some love for the RMM tree!

Last edited:
Upvote 4

Shear-buckler

I disagree. It is also a defensive tree and also a Mastermaker specializes in integrating flesh and steel, creating powerful construct limbs and replacing weak organs of flesh with components of metal and stone
Sure, that's why you get a bunch of PRR/MRR and the 10% quality HP.
It can be replaced with another defensive bonus too. I just think the that the competence bonus should be reserved for more melee focused trees. You get tons of healing and support, there should be a trade-off.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

all other trees that are defensive trees give 10% and 25% (OS is 25% comp 10% quality, SD is 25% comp and 10% sacred, SD is 25% comp 10% quality, druid gets 25% comp, no 10% bonus, but they get giga con from spells and stuff). this tree is clearly a "tank" ish tree, therefore it should have both to be on par

Shear-buckler

all other trees that are defensive trees give 10% and 25% (OS is 25% comp 10% quality, SD is 25% comp and 10% sacred, SD is 25% comp 10% quality, druid gets 25% comp, no 10% bonus, but they get giga con from spells and stuff). this tree is clearly a "tank" ish tree, therefore it should have both to be on par
Those are pure tank trees. This is a healer/support tree with some defenses. Should Beacon of Hope or Radiant servant also get +20% HP?

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
T4 for reconstruct and +20% HP? That's the most OP T4 in the game, or close to.
I am satisfied with the HP bonuses as it is now.
Dont think there are out there anyone who uses T5 RMM at all. So prolly noone get that 20+10% HP. Dont worry.
Lets focus on those suggestions whith a red color 🙂

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Those are pure tank trees. This is a healer/support tree with some defenses. Should Beacon of Hope or Radiant servant also get +20% HP?
Since Alchemist came out I havent seen an Arti throwing a single heal pot in any quest or any raid. Before Alch there were Arti raid healers with Curative Admixtures.
The future of healer Arti is to use Mending Burs and Reconstructs via Converter if SSG will make that change I suggested.

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Since Alchemist came out I havent seen an Arti throwing a single heal pot in any quest or any raid. Before Alch there were Artibraid healers with Curative Admixtures.
The future of healer Arti is to use Mending Burs and Reconstructs via Converter if SSG will make that change I suggested.
I toss admixtures out all the time. I also use converter, repairs spells, and regeneration construct. But adxmitures are slow and unreliable; no one is going to main heal (hard content) off any of these things outside of it being in a tough situtation where the real healer(s) is dead and one is trying to wait out time until res timers are clear.

Admixture healing is a bit of a joke. The vials are slow to travel (love when I cast it and someone dies while the vial is midflight), can't be quickened (so they can be interupted), vials will randomly not the hit the target (fly off into nowhere), hit something along the way breaking them, etc. Comparing a utility tree like mastermaker to a viable heal tree to BoH or RS is a silly comparison. And yes, mastermaker is also a tanking tree with AC % boosts, HP % boosts, and other things tank related; but you don't see main tanks in push raids running around as 20 artis. They're a bit of everything support-wise in this tree & master of none; except the long cooldown bubbles for emergency support, they're masters of that.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Curative Admixture: Heal - This would allow us to have Curative Admixture potions at all level (light/serious/critical/heal)
I personally think they should add it to arti's spell list too and should've done so when the spell was added to the game.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
I toss admixtures out all the time. I also use converter, repairs spells, and regeneration construct. But adxmitures are slow and unreliable; no one is going to main heal (hard content) off any of these things outside of it being in a tough situtation where the real healer(s) is dead and one is trying to wait out time until res timers are clear.
I only use remove disease aoe and remove curse aoe pots (very useful in VoD). Got heal pot too but maximum use is to bring someone back from unconsciousness. Converter is a really useful tool. Love it. As I wrote earlier Improved Converter has the chance to be an equivalent good heal for arties. I'd like to see a hybryd melee/caster/ranged + repair healer build (with improved/mass converter ability)

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
I personally think they should add it to arti's spell list too and should've done so when the spell was added to the game.
I added your idea to my suggestions and I believe it could be much more useful if there would be a skill in T4 or 5 or in the Machrotechnic tree which would allow to use the repair spellpower to cast positive spells like Heal. Would open up some weird healer build. Maybe.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
This tree always confused me because it has THE STUN but nothing to support THE STUN.

Battlefist specifically is very cool looking but ultimately, as already pointed out, does nothing.

Great tanky tree, great bubbles, really great bubbles.