Request for VIP Clarification

Osake

From the announcement, you get your first time bonus and then at then end of the first month, you get the 500 bonus DDO points. So now I'm wondering...how is the month timer handled? (is it a month's time since first bonus acquisition, monthaversary date of VIP purchase, etc.) Also, apologies if any of this was already answered, I was just wondering and didn't see any posts when I took a quick look at the forums.

Concrete examples:
  • I'm an existing subscriber and I got my 5 slots today (May 1st), but let's say my VIP renews on the 2nd of every month. Do I get my end of month 1 tomorrow (May 2nd)?
  • I got my VIP today, but I don't claim the first time until a week before my renewal date. Do I still get my month 1 prize on June 1st (or maybe May 31st)?
  • If I bought a 12 month package on April 30th, do I have to buy a 13th month to acquire all 12 loyalty rewards? (assuming yes, but figured I'd ask just in case anyone else is wondering about how the boundaries on this program work)
  • If I buy a sub on the 31st of a longer month, is my renewal effective on the end date of non-31-day months?
  • Does this program have an expiration date to start?

PersonMan

"If I subscribe on say, June 10th, when do I get the first month’s gift?

You will get the 1st Time Signup Bonus Gift immediately, and you would be eligible to get your 1st Completed Months gift after July 1st. "

Extrapolating from that, you can advance your VIP loyalty progress once per actual month, beginning at the 1st of each month regardless of when you purchased your VIP.
  • You will wait until June 1st.
  • If you purchased only 1 month VIP May 1st you can claim the signup reward until May 31st and will need to pick up your 1st month reward on June 1st (not sure but I expect you have to do it while you still have VIP). If you did not pick up your signup bonus during May, you will get that instead in June.
  • Yes.
  • Not sure, but interesting thought.
  • appears you can start whenever, but if you do not start this month you will be perpetually behind, unless something changes.
All assuming the above quoted info is accurate.

Smelt

As far as I can tell...
the rewards are tied to the calendar month not your subscription month. And so so long as you visit the VIP during the month of May you will get your month one reward at the end of May.

If you bought a 12 month package on the 30th of April technically you don't have to buy a 13th month to get all the rewards, but as most of them (Character slot, Bank slots and mount for example) are only active when VIP you would need to renew, or buy another month, to get any use out of the mount.

The programme doesn't appear to have an expiration date, but the rewards are only available sequentially and they will change next May. So if you really want the cloud mount you need to subscribe in May 2024 and stay subscribed until May 2025..... and vip the NPC every month, without missing one, or you will not get all the rewards.

Please note that this is in no way an official answer, it is merely my own conjectures from reading the other posts on this subject. What I have posted is correct to the best of my knowledge. Hope this helps

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
I posted this already but this thread is also relevant:

If I dont grab my VIP reward in a month, can I grab 2 rewards in the fillowing month?
So rewards will be queued or will I lose a VIP month if I dont grab a reward???

How does it work in this case?

Dude

If you bought a 12 month package on the 30th of April technically you don't have to buy a 13th month to get all the rewards, but as most of them (Character slot, Bank slots and mount for example) are only active when VIP you would need to renew, or buy another month, to get any use out of the mount.
For the mount, at least, that is no longer true.

Can I summon my VIP Loyalty Rewards mount or activate the Lightning Storm Trail if I am no longer VIP?

Yes.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
I posted this already but this thread is also relevant:

If I dont grab my VIP reward in a month, can I grab 2 rewards in the fillowing month?
So rewards will be queued or will I lose a VIP month if I dont grab a reward???

How does it work in this case?
Unfortunately, no. If you missed a month, you will claim the one you missed, but not both. You will forever be one month behind.

Therefore, say you have a 12 month subscription and miss a month, you would not be eligible for the mount unless you subscribe for another month (13th month to claim the 12th prize).