Returning Player after a time away

Lord_Smelly

Hey everyone..I'm playing pale master...I love playing a Wizard and can't resist the self healing. Especially since I solo a lot. I'm just curious about what kind of gear would be recommended. I'm currently Level 7. Thinking about now and future, I don't know what to farm, or much about crafting. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

seph1roth5

Pale Master's fun. Definitely invest in your skeleton buddy, he's the beefiest companion by far, despite the lack of meat. A good way to figure out what kind of gear to look for is to look at recurring themes in the enhancement tree.

PM has: negative spell power, negative crit, negative healing amp, necromancy focus, etc. All very important for a PM to have.

You want at least one secondary element for things immune to negative energy. There's a tier4 ability that lets you strip negative immunity from undead specifically, which is very helpful, but enemies that cast deathward are immune also (as well as a few other non-undead monsters). Fire is a good choice for fireball/meteor swarm. Or electric for chain lightning.

Watch out for "lifesealed" which every other build likes because it's deathblock+negative absorption. Trouble for a PM is that this (and plain negative absorption) actually makes you heal for less.

What expansions, if any, do you have? This month's year of the dragon is a free xpac (other than vecna) so you want to pick a good one. Named gear from xpacs are going to cover all of your bases basically. Feywild has lv 5 and 29 gear, Ravenloft lv 10/29, Sharn 15/29, and isle 7/32.

ChaoticDrivel

Watch out for "lifesealed" which every other build likes because it's deathblock+negative absorption. Trouble for a PM is that this (and plain negative absorption) actually makes you heal for less.

I haven't played a Palemaster in a while. Is this still the case, regarding lifesealed?

Col Kurtz

in heroics, players lvl up too fast to bother with a ton of fine tuning... just fill missing stats w augments. The gianthold trader for relics at 12th lvl;) is my go-to there.

your spell lore items would be what to focus on as far as farming goes

>not a ton of choices though... i'll use borderlands scepter's till 12, then craft. I think Rings and Necklaces and Gloves are the ones with the spell power/lore stuff(don't need a ton of crafting lvl's to do bound shards around mid-heroics)

...other option is slavers stuff , if you have time for that long farming slog/ those are pretty fun still...maybe post a group to farm Slavers...i bet there's player that still like farming the mats(and maybe pass some too!)

around 16th lvl ..sharn stuff is a fav

try set yourself up for the lvl 20 gear as you go...the Heroic upgrades to lvl 20 equipment still rock. Saltmarsh feels like the best at this point for that, with 2 augment slots in each item, and 5 pc sets too. The old shard/scroll stuff is still being used too and can be made at the Twelve/ or updated depending which altar you use there.

For lvl20 spell lore /power the borderland scepters are too easy to get, until you start farming better stuff.

lvl29-32 has a ton of choices...no need to tweak hard on that until you are fine tuning up there.

Welcome back !

Scrag

@Lord_Smelly : If you are vip, MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR FREE EXPAC!

Go to HoH, bottom floor, talk to dragon, get your xpac. Dread is your best bang for your freebie from the points point of view, but fey is good for gear as well. Salt, well, I have never been partial to salt, except for the ingredients to upgrade epic gear to legendary and the sentient exp.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
@Lord_Smelly : If you are vip, MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR FREE EXPAC!

Go to HoH, bottom floor, talk to dragon, get your xpac. Dread is your best bang for your freebie from the points point of view, but fey is good for gear as well. Salt, well, I have never been partial to salt, except for the ingredients to upgrade epic gear to legendary and the sentient exp.
Note: This is the Year of the Dragon offering that is available to all players—not just VIP