Ricette Gourmet Illithid

Leesun

Spaghetti al nero di Illithid e gamberi
(part 1, the pasta the pasta the pasta)
[WARNING cephalopod ink stains skin and clothing. Wear an apron and gloves. Finished product will stain mouth.]
2 1/2 cups flower
4 eggs
1 Tbsp Illithid ink

Pour 2 1/2 cups of flower into a bowl. Make a well into the flour and add four eggs and Illithid ink. Beat ink and eggs into flower until mixed well. Attach dough hook to Vaunt Arcano-Mixer™ and mix for ~10 minutes until non-sticky dough is formed. Cover in wrap and rest at room temperature for an hour.

Divide dough into quarters, dusting the quarter you are using with flour. Replace dough hook for roller attachment of Vaunt Arcano-Mixer™ and set to widest setting. Laminate the dough after passing, applying more flour as needed. Lower the roller setting until desired thinness. Replace roller attachment with spaghetti cutter attachment of Vaunt Arcano-Mixer™. Twist and rest on flour sheet. Repeat for remaining three quarters of dough.
Remember that fresh pasta cooks much faster than boxed pasta. The fresh pasta will be finished ~60-90 seconds after being added to boiling water, and as such should be cooked towards the end of the sauce.

(part 2 the saucy stuff)
[NOTE cephalopod ink is already salty and as such no salt is listed, though add to your taste if you wish.]
1 pound deveined & unshelled medium shrimp
1/4 cub olive oil
1 Tbsp kobold butter
2 Tbsp Illithid ink
4 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly.
3/4 cup dry white wine
3 Tbsp tomato purée
juice and zest of a lemon
pepper
red pepper flakes (to your taste)
parsley
parsley flakes
finely shredded parmesan
Heat olive oil in pan on med-high heat. Add in shrimp and cook 1 minute each side until opaque. If shrimp forms a O, it is overcooked. If shrimp form a C it is perfect. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
Add in thinly sliced garlic and a little bit of red pepper flakes. Stir for 1 minute and deglaze with wine. Mix in tomato purée, 2 Tbsp Illithid ink and parsley and then cover pan, cooking on high until reduced by half. Check after 9 minutes. Add pasta to pot with boiling water. Stir in lemon juice and kobold butter along with shrimp, mixing well. Drain pasta and add to sauce, tossing well. Plate pasta and garnish with shredded parmesan, lemon zest and parsley flakes.

Last edited:

Leesun

My fellow Stormreach citizens! To commemorate our triumph against the Illithid Invasion I have penned a book of Illithid-based recipes! The book, Ricette Gourmet Illithid, will be for sale at the Marketplace next Saturday! It will include the shown recipe and more! As well as some musings of my heroic deeds during the invasion! Paperback is priced at 25 astral shards per. And curtesy of Olistair Binder, a special gilded leatherbound copy will be offered for 75 astral shards, limit to 1 per customer.

Haven't got a Vaunt Arcano-Mixer™? Tired of kneeding dough by hand? FRET NOT! I've partnered with Vaunt Arcanotechnics and, with the special promo code Vauntd1dn0th1ngwr0ng, a new Vaunt Arcano-Mixer™ along with a paperback copy of my book can be yours for just 40 astral shards!