Ridiculous Time Waster

Gnyxl

So I am in Saltmarsh just trying to complete all the quests. I am WAY over level, so I should have no issues with any of these quests. This is the 3rd run of 'Under Cover of Darkness' and each time 1) the Captain never spawns, 2) only 3 of the 4 Crests spawn 3) I am stuck in the quest without being able to complete it and have to quit.

DDO wants us to spend money on the game and keeps making updates while never fixing things like this. Just to let you know DDO, this is one of the reasons I haven't updated my payment info and why I buy nothing. It is time to fix some of the older content before making new content, in my opinion. Anyone else feel this way?

This is a two way street, you want us supporting you, we want a working game.

Drunken.dx

So I am in Saltmarsh just trying to complete all the quests. I am WAY over level, so I should have no issues with any of these quests. This is the 3rd run of 'Under Cover of Darkness' and each time 1) the Captain never spawns, 2) only 3 of the 4 Crests spawn 3) I am stuck in the quest without being able to complete it and have to quit.

DDO wants us to spend money on the game and keeps making updates while never fixing things like this. Just to let you know DDO, this is one of the reasons I haven't updated my payment info and why I buy nothing. It is time to fix some of the older content before making new content, in my opinion. Anyone else feel this way?

This is a two way street, you want us supporting you, we want a working game.
Ummmm...
I've ran that quest many times and never experienced anything like that.

Captain spawns in his cabin, crests can spawn in many places, and some of them are a bit guide dang it (very easy to miss one spawned in nets above hold)

Gnyxl

Yeah I know guys not my first rodeo, I've run that quest many times. And I've been in the cabin, no one there. Sometimes I get a Crest in there but no Captain. I still get the First Mate telling me I gotta kill the captain tho.

Gnyxl

In fact I usually kill everyone on board each time I do it regardless if I can't finish. So when I exit there is literally nobody left on the ship unless there are some friendlies (depending on how I do the quest).

Gnyxl

Blaming SSG for player error.
Nice try, but I'm not emo. Just stating there are issues to be fixed here and I'm not buying anything else until some issues get fixed.You wanna stir something up why don't you go do that on someone else's thread, otherwise I'll simply report you to the Admin and block you. have a nice day.

Gnyxl

Usually it's a crest hiding in the netting that I manage to miss while running around over and over.

Yup not up there. I checked the hammocks too, sometimes they spawn in there. I'm on a thief character so I've got a good spot and search, and have been in the hidden areas too. Still nothing.

Falkor

There are some quests that bug on me that dont seem to for others. And they do it repeatedly, where others never encounter the bug. My theory is that there are scripts in these quests that dont get to start or finish their process, and they hang the quest. but really I dont know why it happens, and how others never encounter these bugs.

Its really frustrating.

Im not too familiar with saltmarsh quests. Does the quest you are referring too have some type of timed script or dialogue?

Gnyxl

There are some quests that bug on me that dont seem to for others. And they do it repeatedly, where others never encounter the bug. My theory is that there are scripts in these quests that dont get to start or finish their process. I have some theories but really dont know why it happens.

Its really frustrating.

Im not too familiar with saltmarsh quests. Does the quest you are referring too have some type of timed script or dialogue?

So sad... I love this game. I really wish they would fix it, and maybe give it a graphical overhaul. Or simply do a remake, if they did this right I believe they could compete with some of these newer RPGs.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
It sounds like you managed to break the scripting. I don't think I've broken it in that quest before but certainly have in other quests. Really annoying when that happens.

Genkiba

Nice try, but I'm not emo. Just stating there are issues to be fixed here and I'm not buying anything else until some issues get fixed.You wanna stir something up why don't you go do that on someone else's thread, otherwise I'll simply report you to the Admin and block you. have a nice day.
elmo_shrug-500x284.gif

Falkor

There are two quests that this happens frequently, abandoned temple in kings forest and the castle ruins in high roads.

Anna bugs for me in the temple. And the end fight can bug in the castle ruins. In both cases, it seems to be an issue with player speed vs script execution. Since these are required for ES sagas, it can be a real headache.

In saltmarsh, I have had the end fight bug and not trigger with the long quest in the lizardfolk lair. Just once.

Maybe a combination of player speed vs server lag / commands not being received or sent on time, is causing this?

It would be great if these types of issues were fixed but I think this is small fries compared to the dumpster fires they are facing.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Anna bugs for me in the temple. And the end fight can bug in the castle ruins.
Both of those happen often enough to know triggers for it. Anna if you put a dot on her during the phase where she attacks you can bug her. In castle ruins, if anyone goes up the stairs when unlocking it then it'll bug. Of course, knowing why they bug and getting them fixed are 2 different issues. hehe

Falkor

Ah, its good to know why Anna bugs. Thank you! And the end fight in the castle is easy to navigate, as you said. Would be nicer if they fixed it. These bugs have been around a while.

Any theory to how the script is breaking in the quest OP mentions?

Archaic

I was in inferno of the damned, lit & extinguished all the torches, killed Cinnis looted chest...but extinguish eastern flames inferno side never checked off so didn't get completion.

Falkor

Just remembered that this happens frequently in black loch. Can literally open every door on the main path, kill the boss ... and the quest wont complete bc it thinks one of the gates hasnt been opened.