Secure more Prototype Optional in "Best Laid Plans" is completely WHACK

Mokune

Y'all made the Optional XP just tasty enough to chase but your CODING on the golems is some amateur hour whackness.

How hard is it to code a golem so it WILL NOT BREAK THE PROTOTYPES IF IT IS CROWD CONTROLLED? HUH?

I can manage a successful completion of this opt maybe 1 in 6 attempts.

No matter what form of CC I use to completely immobilize the golems they STILL break the prototypes even when CC'd.

I sincerely believe these devs get some kind of sick satisfaction making punitive, frustrating content.

/sigh

PersonMan

Only ever had them break it while CC'd if I CC'd them next to their target; would be a good fix to have them not do that.

I usually web or trip depending on what I am playing and tend to get the opt.
The biggest problem for me was always reapers alerting the entire basement as soon as I went down there.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Are you by chance allowing the Golems to get within striking distance before being able to CC them? Because if that is the case, that's already too late for any CC to have any effect on them. As there's a very large discrepency on where they are and when an action such as breaking the prototypes triggers; so if they're in striking range, you're already too late. This isn't the Golems issue at this point. You need to CC them sooner.

This is often an issue when players spread out and open each door and don't bother with any type of stealth or invisibility, aggroing something in the room along with the golem that then sets them off before you've even opened the door properly. This reduces the amount of time you as the player who can CC the Golem. Incidentally, Reapers that can detect enemies through doors are also part of the problem, as once they detect you, they alert the enemies nearby and that includes the Golem, meaning you don't even get a chance to get closer to get a first strike CC in to prevent them reaching the prototype.

J1NG

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
Teamwork makes the Dream work on this one.

Provided they aren't alerted before you even open the door, I have found that Spring Attacking forward and then using Eldritch Tempest to knock them down allows our caster the requisite time to get his CC off.

Then, as I am wailing on the Golem our Inquisitive machine guns down the rest of the room and we collect our sweet sweet Prototype.

Now obviously not everyone takes Spring Attack or plays an EK but the point is: Have a plan and work together.

If you are solo-ing the quest my advice would be - "Why you do dat? Open LFM and share your adventure! And when PuG fails to get optional you can complain about other players instead of Devs!" Problem solved.

Scrag

Playing as an alchimist, I can tell you that multivial is enough to one-shot em - meaning that, if you have enough nuke power, you don't need to CC 'em and can directly blast 'em :D
Easiest if someone else opens the door though. I have done the optional a bunch of times, but it has always been teamwork between someone who can cc (stun, kd, anything) and any other 1 person. Two people can kill one of these before its out of cc. Just need a _reliable_ cc.

Again as mentioned previously, teamwork makes the dream work!

Aelonwy

I think when they boosted the speed of enemy mobs here recently it may have made this optional more difficult to pull off.

I know that in my experience how swiftly enemies race towards me (and try to circle/get behind me) as soon as they become aware of me... I have all my CCs on quicken and its still not casting fast enough in many situations.

Aldebarann

Thelanis Player
Easiest if someone else opens the door though. I have done the optional a bunch of times, but it has always been teamwork between someone who can cc (stun, kd, anything) and any other 1 person. Two people can kill one of these before its out of cc. Just need a _reliable_ cc.

Again as mentioned previously, teamwork makes the dream work!
Sure, the more the merrier, but it happened to me more than once to run this quest solo, and from personal experience I can tell you that if you open the door, run ahead, target the golem and multivial him, he's down before reaching the prototype. And it's not old experience, I did it last time just 3 days back.

To be honest, I'm so used to do it properly by now, that when I'm in a party I usually ask the others to take care of the four waves while I solo the basement: faster quest completion, and close to 100% optional success :)

And I'm no way close to be an uber-completionist with 150 RP: my point is to simply tell that, if you know what you have to do and you are quick doing it, it's perfectly doable :)
only personal bias: I usually play nukers, not sure I would have such a high completion rate otherwise :p

Scrag

I know that in my experience how swiftly enemies race towards me (and try to circle/get behind me) as soon as they become aware of me...
How about mobs that track your soul stone down somehow and park themselves on top? This is definitely either new behavior, or particular to Hard Mode quests that leaked. They just wont leave from where they park themselves on stones...

Onyxia2016

I dont even care about this optional any more. Most of the time a reaper alerts the rooms and the golems have put the smackdown on the prototypes before I even get in the room. Now I just blow everything up or start cleaving away until nothing is left moving.

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
How about mobs that track your soul stone down somehow and park themselves on top? This is definitely either new behavior, or particular to Hard Mode quests that leaked. They just wont leave from where they park themselves on stones...
We call that Death Tanking and its a great skill. Finally the Squishier badly positioned members of the group are making themselves useful.

But seriously, I love the fact that I can tank for my group, die to something, and continue to hold aggro for my team. I am the undefeatable tank!

Scrag

We call that Death Tanking and its a great skill. Finally the Squishier badly positioned members of the group are making themselves useful.

But seriously, I love the fact that I can tank for my group, die to something, and continue to hold aggro for my team. I am the undefeatable tank!
So, seriously? The threat you generate persists past death?

Terpilar

So, seriously? The threat you generate persists past death?
So does the threat generated by summons apparently, as an example I recently had the big mean Hezrou in the end fight of Servants of the Overlord pound on my deceased Djinni for like thirty seconds while I finished off the little mean Drow priestess; the demon had its back turned on me and was kind of stuck in a rocky nook over a small pool of lava where it had cornered my summon. 🙄