Since there's been over a day of downtime any chance you guys could give out the goggles from steps obliss?

I was a bit over half way through the 14 days of dialogue, and according to the wiki it resets if you miss a day.

Edit: Wiki is wrong, and it does not reset if you miss a day.

Last edited:

erethizon1

The next time I log in I will finally be assigned the quest to find the book. Spoke to her every day for the last 2 weeks.

Does it really reset? I just assumed you had to speak to her 14 times total over time. It would be pretty silly, and pointless, to require you to speak to her every day with no breaks allowed. The dialogue doesn't even make sense like that. Nor does it make sense that you have to find the book the very same day she assigns the quest (after all, what if you had no idea where it was). I'll test it when the servers come back up (my plan was to talk to her and grab the book the first thing when I log in), but I would be quite surprised if missing a day reset everything (though I did have the thought that a server crash might reset it).

erethizon1

Going by the last line of this page.

Is this inaccurate/out of date?
I guess we are about to find out. I am literally on Day 13. I started Day 12 before I went to bed on Friday and Day 13 started yesterday around 5 p.m. so I will have skipped a day about 7 hours from now. I doubt the servers will be back up by then, so we will find out if not starting the 13th day of dialogue causes a problem. She did last say to me, "let me stew on it for a day" so we will find out what happens if you wait for more than 1 day.

That's good then

Is this something that was always the case, or was it changed in an update?

I remember seeing strimtom complain about it.

Lazuli

That's good then

Is this something that was always the case, or was it changed in an update?

I remember seeing strimtom complain about it.
As far as I know, it was always like this. At least when I first got them, I didn't remember to talk every day and I still got the glasses.

Lazuli

I find it more concerning you'd stayed 13 days at cap. I would cry. That's like, 3 PL's missed.
That's what alts are for. Or your main if you are done with the TRs.

What annoys me is having to talk for 13 days. It is an absurd, endless and meaningless thing.

Hobgoblin

it took me a lot longer because i forgot to log on that char and talk.... it reset for me ..... if that changed that is good

adamkatt

ive never had enough time to remember to do this..... lame mechanic... just give us the goggles and not make us have to remember to go click on a npc for 2 weeks....

erethizon1

I find it more concerning you'd stayed 13 days at cap. I would cry. That's like, 3 PL's missed.
I spoke to the NPC at level 1, right after I TR'd. You don't have to be high enough in level to do the quests to start the dialogue chain. And you only need to be level 14 to grab the book in heroic casual. I no longer rush through past lives (there are not that many left and I have no interest in running out or even getting close to running out) so spending 2 weeks going from 1 to 32 with 7000 favor earned is no big deal.