Since Vecna Unleashed is NOT part of April Curate your XPAC...

Mokune

I will NOT be spending money on Myth Drannor...

JMO but Elixir of Discovery is a crap-tastic joke (ymmv idk)

April year of the Dragon reward feels "phoned in" with the exclusion of Vecna.

I WAS planning to pre-purchase Myth Drannor DESPITE my dissatisfaction with over-all game direction.

I'll wait and get with points at some later date and continue enjoying the parts of DDO I still enjoy.

SSG lost me as paying customer years ago (Feywild was last Pre-Purchase I did).

Y'all failed to win me back once again.

Sarlona Raiding

It depends how you value the xpac. If you consider it worth 3500 points after 2 years it does seem worth more than a greater elixir of discovery. If you value at 99 points which is what SSG sells old xpacs for every so often - the potion is probably worth more than that as those potions are extremely rare (aside from people that transferred 2000 of them from Wayfinder).

Either way it doesn't seem like an issue to die on a hill over.

But yeah, it's an interesting thing they are specically excluding people from getting a reward that have all xpacs except Vecna, but Vecna is available for points now so there is no paywall. For me it's a free thing and I will take it and be thankful.

To be fair this was known for quite some time and people could have earned 2k points for vecna by late May.

Last edited:

Owlbear

It's pretty realistic they exclude Vecna from this. It's a f2p game so they would never just give away the latest Expansion to everyone. No one would have bought Vecna anymore after they would announced the Year of the Dragon Rewards. That's just madness... They need to earn money in these already hard times for game developers.

Mokune

The Elixir of Discovery holds very little value to me personally. I store all the BTA stuff from Daily rolls and rare chest drops on a mule and don't typically need or use most of it (if I remember and can be bothered to change toons).

I realize it holds more value to most people.

It's just the thing that the team at DDO does with every decision. They always include *something* that feels like "stick in the eye". April's *could* have been great.

Still *is* GREAT for A LOT of folks.

I was looking forward to getting Vecna with April's gift and thinking about it made me feel inclined to Pre-Purchase Myth Drannor.

I bought Ravenloft, Sharn and Feywild's top priced Pre-purchase packs. Then, Salt-Marsh and IoD with points.

I would have eventually gotten Vecna with points anyway.

Considering that it *would* be included in April's Gift (before the announcement that it wasn't) was enough for me to change my mind and plan to pre-purchase Myth Drannor with cash.

That changed today.

I can wait for Myth Drannor...and buy with points.

mikarddo

I realize it holds more value to most people.

I was looking forward to getting Vecna with April's gift and thinking about it made me feel inclined to Pre-Purchase Myth Drannor.

I doubt the Elixier holds much value for anyone. It adds very little nomatter how you look at it.

Expecting the latest expansion to be given away for free is not reasonable imho. Nor did they ever say it would be included as far as I know. Being mad at SSG about that seems misplaced to me. That said, I do feel sorry for you about the misunderstanding.

Mokune

It's pretty realistic they exclude Vecna from this. It's a f2p game so they would never just give away the latest Expansion to everyone. No one would have bought Vecna anymore after they would announced the Year of the Dragon Rewards. That's just madness... They need to earn money in these already hard times for game developers.
If Vecna is still for sale with $ only I get that. TBF I didn't check store in game or Market. According to DDOWiki it is listed @ 1999 points as of last March.

Sarlona Raiding

I doubt the Elixier holds much value for anyone. It adds very little nomatter how you look at it.

Expecting the latest expansion to be given away for free is not reasonable imho. Nor did they ever say it would be included as far as I know. Being mad at SSG about that seems misplaced to me. That said, I do feel sorry for you about the misunderstanding.
Cordovan specifically stated Vecna was excluded shortly after the year of the dragon announcement, but unless you watched the stream or heard it second hand you wouldn't be aware of that. In hindsight, stating that more clearly on the calendar would have been a good thing.

DBZ

Its about the priniciple The line in the SAND has been drawn he's sticking to his guns

The Narc

I want the teleport to the Feywild and that gold seal level 5 hire.
There we go, thats what the alternate turn in should be . All the previous teleport locations and hirelings should be granted instead of some short term useless potion.

Edit: and add in a hireling bag too for all those hirelings

DBZ

I think MD loot will blow doors off this year so will be grinding it on day 1 or finding a new game until xx year we ever get any

thunderwolf

the potion is a one time use its junk the pacs is non stop 1000 times better than any potion sad how much ssg dose not like there vip ppl or anyone that supports the company

seph1roth5

It would actually make sense to not offer isle, since it's way more expensive in the shop. 4k vs 2/2.5k for the other ones. That said, it's stupid that isle costs so much more. Marketing/sales make no sense.

saekee

long live ROGUE
Devs should have given folks bonus dice rolls depending on their status instead of elixir. No one would have complained. ViPs getting several gold rolls, premiums silver—becomes fun and splits the players due to results. That is how to be clever.

Scrag

Ok, so, I can see vecna not being on the list of freebies.

Getting dread on the list for freebies is actually really great considering the cost of it in the cash store. All around, the choices are great.

What stinks is the offer for people who went all in on expacs to only get the one pot.

Isle costs so much because of the ottos boxes.

Sarlona Raiding

It would actually make sense to not offer isle, since it's way more expensive in the shop. 4k vs 2/2.5k for the other ones. That said, it's stupid that isle costs so much more. Marketing/sales make no sense.

I believe the current thinking (since Saltmarsh) for point cost is 100x the dollar cost of the base edition. Currently that is 2000 for mini-xpacs and 4000 for xpacs.

It's a big jump from Feywild, but I guess leadership decided it was just too easy to earn 2500 points.

Pano

This is the proof that people can get something for completely free and still complain. There don't need to be any special year of the anything reward. There are normally no such kind of reward. They are trying to be nice and give you something. ... I don't get it. How can somebody be angry about something that is offered them for free?? I don't want to be rude, I just want to understand.... I have been raised differently I guess..

Last edited: