Sincere question: Why is Epic/Legendary Losing Community Engagement?

Geezer

Endgame seems annoying since the U66 on Orien. Been playing ranged, which actually has not been that bad per se, but there's a cringey 2013 vibe where people (e.g. melees) need healers and there aren't any healers. High reaper groups are falling apart one or two quests into chains for lack of healers. I TR'ed yesterday and it was not to grind out DL lives, it was just very sterile at endgame and I couldn't take it anymore. Last thing this game needed was curb stomping the improved QOL we've enjoyed the last 10 years where healer co-dependency wasn't so cringey AF. We're back to cringey 2013 vibes where people need to wait around for healers and healers get stressed out by folks, its horrible.
Gee, now that we wait for healers again, maybe they will make traps lethal again, and so only a pure competent rogue can disarm. Then we can wait for a healer and a rogue. It would be more like an actual RPG then.😀😁😁

Jeronimo

Ive been seeing Way more Heroic Groups up than Epic Legendary Content, even in Reaper
I'm not sure, can only speak for myself. I enjoyed the end game a lot until U66 dropped and took away most of the fun for me because it totally destroyed my playstyle. So, now I'm only doing heroics, getting racial lives, since I enjoy that at the moment. Will see what the future brings for the game.

erethizon1

Thankfully, you're very safe in DDO. I don't know of *any* fully completed characters now that curses are in the game (I know of one near-perfect char, but the cursed/boosted gearset they have is old and now slightly suboptimal w/vecna gear)
Gear is not part of my character. Gear gets thrown out over time and replaced with better gear later. If you want the best gear possible the first thing you should do is stop playing for 15 years, then come back. You'll get the exact same gear as people that wasted their time on the gear treadmill because you gain nothing from having had good gear in the past.

The only thing that matters is intrinsic character bonuses. Past lives, tomes, and reaper points are all that matters. When those are done, the game is over. I have over 100 past lives and over 130 reaper points and now it is time to slow walk my way through the game (not that I was all that fast before, but I used to do R10 questing in legendaries and now am skipping that entirely most lives).

I have no complaints at the rate new goals are added to this game. They add lives fast enough that I have no trouble not getting to the end.

Ahpuch

Real life is a thing, I have heard it is even exciting from time to time. Heck you might even experience a thing called emotions.

I've tried it a few times now and the graphics are amazing. I even found some other players in this massive multiplayer but have yet to find out how to post a "looking for more",l. I think there is some secret chat app somewhere as everyone is looking on their phone, not much talking going on. I did find a man standing outside a store, eager to ask me questions. I hoped to pick up a quest, but so far he's just a money sink and keep asking me for spare change.

I'll keep you posted as I level up.
I gotta caution you: It is a permadeath server. :eek: And the loot drops can be even worse than here.

DBZ

Just test ran a few raids not needed at all primals still better

Pulled off a 16k+ reborn crit

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
So are you saying the only correct way to heal is to be a healbot?
Non-healbots can heal tons of content. One just has to be willing to cycle the occasional healing ability into one's attacks; which some people either dislike doing or they're not good at doing. So many classes with various heals and EDs that bring them too; but having access to them and using them well are two different things.

Redoubt

Non-healbots can heal tons of content. One just has to be willing to cycle the occasional healing ability into one's attacks; which some people either dislike doing or they're not good at doing. So many classes with various heals and EDs that bring them too; but having access to them and using them well are two different things.
So the conversation was something like:

someone: you can use healing pillar
me: true, but then you can't use your epic strike
someone: then you are healing wrong, stand with the group and heal
me: are you saying you must be a healbot?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
So the conversation was something like:

someone: you can use healing pillar
me: true, but then you can't use your epic strike
someone: then you are healing wrong, stand with the group and heal
me: are you saying you must be a healbot?
Ah gotcha, I take multiple epic strikes myself and use different ones based off the situation (sometimes hitting a healing pillar matters more than hitting a damage one). And I suppose that at times that means going into healbot mode temporarily on non-healbot builds if spammed heals are needed to keep things running smooth if a pull/raid goes sideways.