Skellies raid

Weslok

We failed the Skellies raid for the first time this morning... I was tanking and during the phase after dino turned green and roars became active, I was unable to properly tank... My lay-on-hands greyed out and I was unable to use throw the boom for my Knight's challenge... Unable to properly heal or to recover aggro was a death sentence for the party... We wiped twice and I even DC'd and reconnected but still was unable to use knight's challenge or lay on hands to heal... Is there a new debuff, or old debuff I have never encountered that would account for this? It is a terrible feeling to lead a raid that fails... I know some raids have weird curses that persist (MOD or FOT for example) could that be what happened here? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

PraetorPlato

I am 90% sure that LoH is not silenced (questioning myself now, but I tank GF on a pally very regularly, and I feel like I would have noticed that)... What do you mean by LoH was grayed out?

CBDunk

I haven't seen it for a while, but yeah the platform debuff definitely used to get 'stuck' on. Ditto the Ghost Flame's healing block and some other debuffs. I've even seen the 'Eye' effect, where you do damage to other characters in an arc in front of you, persist out in public areas after the raid was completed.

Weslok

I am 90% sure that LoH is not silenced (questioning myself now, but I tank GF on a pally very regularly, and I feel like I would have noticed that)... What do you mean by LoH was grayed out?
ON my hot bar my LOH icon was grey... I had 10 charges but was unable to activate them...

Weslok

Were you on the platform in the middle that blocks healing?
I had been on the platform trying to position the rex but I was not on the platform the whole time... MY icon was actually greyed out and that persisted after I left the quest, and I had to reboot my pc to make it go away...

Weslok

there is a bug that sometimes if you get off a platform too quickly you permanently get the platform debuff. it goes away if you step back on/off
I was on and off the main platform a lot of times but my LOH did not come back and it also doesn't explain why I couldn't trigger my knight's challenge... Very confused here!!!

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I was on and off the main platform a lot of times but my LOH did not come back and it also doesn't explain why I couldn't trigger my knight's challenge... Very confused here!!!
Was it broken the whole time or did they break mid raid? Did you disconnect from the game at any point in the raid? Was there a huge lag spike?

Weslok

Was it broken the whole time or did they break mid raid? Did you disconnect from the game at any point in the raid? Was there a huge lag spike?
I have 10 charges of LOhI used one... In the middle of the green dino phase all of a sudden I couldn't use my Knight's Challenge my Knight's Challenge/Throw The Boom to re-establish aggro... It just wouldn't throw my shield... I checked to make sure I hadn't accidentally unequipped my shield because I had done that before at times (not in this raid instance) but it was definitely equipped...

It was at this point that I lost aggro and the dino went on a rampage killing off the rest of the party... When I was eventually able to reestablish aggro (because everyone else was dead) I was unable to use my LOH (it was greyed out on my hotbar) and was also killed... Because I couldn't use my LOH I informed the party I would reboot my PC and manually DC'd (went to windowed mode and clicked the in upper-right corner of the monitor) and restarted my computer)

When I reconnected our cleric did a jibbers and party rez and raised everyone... I was still unable to use my Knight's Challenge and LOH (it remained greyed out)... I was again unable to regain aggro and he wiped the party again... I decided at this point to call the raid a failure and the party released and dissolved...

I was still unable to use my Kight's Challenge (I went to the wilderness area to test) and my LOH was still greyed out... After rebooting my PC twice my LOH and Knight's Challenge were again available...

My mouse and keyboard are wireless but my mouse was fully charged the day before (it usually needs to be charged once every three weeks or so) and my keyboard had new batteries installed just a few days prior so I am positive that it was not an issue of low batteries in my wireless components... I hope this gives you the information you are looking for...

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
I know it's a long shot but did you check if your Enhancement tabs got reset or maybe your Destinies?

It almost sounds like the game wasn't recognizing your abilities as being part of your build.

Best case scenario is that it was a behind the scenes internet issue that led to a de-sync between you and the server.

Worst case scenario is that you are the first fatality in what future raiders will refer to as the Time of Troubles, when all raids absorb all the lag present in the game and Wild Magic Lag issues plaques us all!

That's it, its the hidden pre-release strategy for the upcoming Myth Drannor and its Wild Magic Zones.

Weslok

I know it's a long shot but did you check if your Enhancement tabs got reset or maybe your Destinies?

It almost sounds like the game wasn't recognizing your abilities as being part of your build.

Best case scenario is that it was a behind the scenes internet issue that led to a de-sync between you and the server.

Worst case scenario is that you are the first fatality in what future raiders will refer to as the Time of Troubles, when all raids absorb all the lag present in the game and Wild Magic Lag issues plaques us all!

That's it, its the hidden pre-release strategy for the upcoming Myth Drannor and its Wild Magic Zones.
Yes actually checking my trees was the first thing I did and nothing had been reset or changed in any way...

I guess we will try again next week and hopefully, it was just an anomaly... I am a junior raid leader trying to start regular a 2-day weekend raid pug group so failing a raid is quite a blow to my confidence... Fortunately, all the other raids I led this weekend were successful so hopefully my reputation as a raid leader will not take too hard of a hit and discourage players from joining my raids...

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
Yes actually checking my trees was the first thing I did and nothing had been reset or changed in any way...

I guess we will try again next week and hopefully, it was just an anomaly... I am a junior raid leader trying to start regular a 2-day weekend raid pug group so failing a raid is quite a blow to my confidence... Fortunately, all the other raids I led this weekend were successful so hopefully my reputation as a raid leader will not take too hard of a hit and discourage players from joining my raids...
Gotcha - Well that is a stumper. If you ever figure out what it was please let us know.

No worries on the raid fail though, it happens. Especially if it is an issue with the game and not your leadership.

What server are you on?

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
It sounds like something that would happen if a Paladin "Fell", or lost his goodness. I don't think equipping an evil item/ammo does that in DDO though.

Weslok

It sounds like something that would happen if a Paladin "Fell", or lost his goodness. I don't think equipping an evil item/ammo does that in DDO though.
My tank is barbarian so it couldn't be that, it's sounding like a unique anomaly...