SLA's double casting

Onyxia2016

Bug Report Number:
There is a discussion in DDO discord regarding an issues with what looks like SLA's double casting.
I actuality, when you click the SLA on the hot bar the second time it cast the actual spell and not the SLA version.
If you only have the SLA you will get an error message stating the spell is not inscribed.

Just wanted to share in the forums as well.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Edit: my SLA reconstruct is now double-casting when I hit it fast.
edit2: It's not actually double castign my reconstruct SLA. I looked closer, when the SLA goes on cooldown, the same hotbar button then fires off my spell version of it which is slotted elsewhere; it just seems to default to trying to cast the spell

Video of SLA hotbar clicking. 1st click casts the SLA, 2nd click casts the spell version.
Detailed here.

fsmall

Rolled in to play my new blightcaster. Was awesome last night, going to do some more quests... WHY IS IT LEAKING SPELL POINTS LIKE MY OLD CAR??? I'm going along, hitting my 1pt/2pt SLAs - and it just semi-randomly dumps 50 SPs for no reason. *** MATE!!???

Turns out when you click the SLA while it's on cooldown and it casts the regular spell instead, it casts it using the metamagic settings of the SLA.

Had to go into a bar and drink heavily until I forgot the spells.

Alternative

I only played melee yesterday, but when using clickies I sometimes get the message "you can't cast spells from a different class" (or something like that). The clicky casts normally, so it's probably the same bug as with SLAs, that it tries to cast a spell that I don't have.

Onyxia2016

Oh so that's why I constantly get the message that a spell is not prepared. Hope it gets fixed, might be bad if you have an expensive spell or lots of meta magic for your SLA.
Yes, it is bad. It is common to have all the meta-magic's turned on for SLA's. Played last night, lightning sorcerer and many times the actual spell fired instead of the SLA because the cooldown had a second or two left.

This is some intern level programming mistakes.

drjoans

kinda-known member
I had this going on with my Arti caster last night, I thought I was double casting the SLA and was stoked for a second till i got halfway through a quest and noticed my sp was nearly all gone. I actually found that you could double cast then cast some other ability and double cast again ignoring the CD. Ofc your spell points will be gone in half a minute but hey things are ded