So age of Conan I gave it a try guys and found it to be very much like ddo without the lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrr

how much I bet I have conviction of a mother lion and you dont remember I am a new player so I dont have the bonds you do, but also remeber I am a raid queen, not here anymore but I will find greener grass.
What does that even mean?
Are you assuming I'm an older player?

JaynChar2019

Geez, that conviction would do so well in a permadeath enviroment.

Open arms I say, open arms I say again and again.

Big Hugs
Love you but ssg has ruined ddo and I have set my gaze to the new horozin, its not the players I am frustrated with but the management and how they screw everyone else around me, its too much they have hurt us too much, its time to walk away and say enough is enough

JaynChar2019

If you are having fun with Age of Conan, then that's good. Probably don't walk around flexing another game you enjoy in public DDO discussion board. This isn't Off Topic.
um actually I am going to because ddo is so damn toxic between the the trolls and ssg of course, if I can rescue a handful of peeps after expeiriencing it myself I have no choice at this point but to try until I am silenced.

Noobcake

I wouldn't normally post in such a pointless thread in an mmo forum but:
lmao if you think Failcom doesn't suck far harder than SauSaGe ever could even if they bought a whole vacuum cleaner factory for help.

That said, AoC would've absolutely been a better game than DDO if it hadn't died a decade ago. And since it's dead and buried, morons at Failcom cannot possibly make it any worse (not that there's anyone, it has literally zero staff). It's also pretty fun, I've recently replayed it, it's even installed on my computer right now. So long as you enjoy what's there without hoping for anything new to ever happen, you should be fine.

Also, stop posting on DDO forums about this stuff. If you're gonna quit, quit, don't talk. What you're doing here is exactly what the vast majority of AoC playerbase did years ago until that game's unofficial death: shitposting for the sake of shitposting because you can't get over a bad break up. Been there, done that, got the ban. You'll get no profit from this behavior. Just stop.

Lacci

One can certainly argue about the content of this thread, but it´s quite obvious that quite a handful of people were/are very unhappy with especially the last patch. And in my opinion it´s important to let SSG know that.
Also: People wouldn´t be angry and post on the forums if they didn´t still care about the game.

Thief In the Night

Small guild looking at a few options, AoC being one of them.
BG3 and similar are not really group friendly and I stopped being a fan of turn based after the D&D gold box games.

Dragavon

I played AoC at launch and found it to not be anything like DDO, but just like any other MMO out there.

Boring cookie cutter builds, where your character was exactly the same as every other character of that class. Open world, so you could risk waiting for some enemy you needed to kill only to see some other player get lucky and "steal" your kill when it spawned.

Better graphics than DDO yes, but boring generic MMO game.

Scrag

Ok, this points back to the other thread where someone pointed out It Is Just A Game.

The best thing for you is to just not be on this forum. This forum is full of toxicity, but that does not mean _the game_ is. And amongst the toxicity, there are people who really care about people, make efforts to help people noob and non-noob, have more fun.

You cannot conflate the game with the forum. You probably would have found more peace simply not coming to the forum at all and having your own brand of in-game fun!

I know for sure I have to take days or even multiweek breaks from the forum. I have gone as long as nearly 3 months. I come back when something interesting is exciting, like this new patch, and stay here probably longer than I should sometimes.

If going to AoC helps you take space, please take it and wipe your experience in the forum from your mind!

It is healthiest.

Buddha5440

how much I bet I have conviction of a mother lion and you dont remember I am a new player so I dont have the bonds you do, but also remeber I am a raid queen, not here anymore but I will find greener grass.
No. You are not a "new player" You QUIT, remember. Please do so.

Also, I applaude you on your level of Trolliism. It must have taken you a while to Git Gud. :)

Toblakai

So since all my guildies and husband had a complete melt down after nerfs (not me as much I was nerfed but not as bad as they were being an arti and was still willing to try, however they were not) I tried to find a new game were we could find some respite. Age of Conan comes pretty darn close, Its not an exact fit but not having to worry about every little darn thing is kinda actually nice. Hope to see others there give us a few days but Timmiuss and Vallhanna you know our name join as a newb and we will guild invite you. It will be a new guild and a slog in its own right but you won't deal with any lag and 24 peeps can join a raid. Timmius is still a necromancer as if he would be anything else and I am a demonologist which pretty much makes sense. There are many builds to choose from. FREE To play download and give a try is all I have to say to all our friends. I just hope this reaches as many peeps as possible before I am silenced, the post is closed and my account is banned. To ssg I had soo much fun but you have shown your true colors and have shown me you don't give a damn about your players. There have been WAY too many issues with LAG, guildies not being able to log in and get banned for bs reasons and then a complete and utter disregard to the new player base so you can cater to the elites. I wont be here when the ship sinks I have set my sights on new horizons.
Does Age of Conan pay you for all of these posts? I tried it long ago and it sucked. I didn't even think it was still around.

Uska

Founder
um actually I am going to because ddo is so damn toxic between the the trolls and ssg of course, if I can rescue a handful of peeps after expeiriencing it myself I have no choice at this point but to try until I am silenced.
The forums use to be toxic you get get thumbs down and develop a red bar which could affect your ability to post if it was large enough they turned that off which was a good think but I do miss my green bar of positive feedback but anyway I see less toxic behavior than there was years ago

DDO Gaming

So...why does the OP "look and feel" like someone's trolling?

And why...WHY is there ALWAYS an invitation to play alternative games immediately after an update?

Do you trolls think our lives revolve around DDO?

Status
Not open for further replies.