So Stealth is not an option

PaleFox

Seen so many sneaky people try to solo a quest only to die midway through.

Famous last words "I got this, now watch me drive."

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
Stealth is an option.

In old quests.

Specific old quests.

That were designed specifically to be stealthed.

Modern content? yeah, stealth isn't an option.

Palumtra

Definitely A Member
Depends on the quest and the difficulty, as you cant hide from reapers anymore for instance. But yeah, the "new" quests are really hard if not impossible to stealth trough.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Depends on the quest and the difficulty, as you cant hide from reapers anymore for instance. But yeah, the "new" quests are really hard if not impossible to stealth trough.

Technically, this is only mostly correct; If the Reaper in question is a Boss Reaper, you can hide (stealth) and invis against them. It is only the regular Reapers that have Tremorsense (for detection only, they don't have the full Tremorsense that will let them bypass Concealment) and those will beeline for you with Stealth and/or Invis.

:: edit ::
Although I guess on the HC server, jumping in R7 or higher to hope for all Boss Reapers might be a bit of a stretch.

J1NG

Palumtra

Definitely A Member
Technically, this is only mostly correct; If the Reaper in question is a Boss Reaper, you can hide (stealth) and invis against them. It is only the regular Reapers that have Tremorsense (for detection only, they don't have the full Tremorsense that will let them bypass Concealment) and those will beeline for you with Stealth and/or Invis.

:: edit ::
Although I guess on the HC server, jumping in R7 or higher to hope for all Boss Reapers might be a bit of a stretch.

J1NG
Good luck not getting any "basic" reapers on high skulls (or any skulls for that matter) :'D

Rauven

Child of Dhurinda
regular Reapers that have Tremorsense (for detection only, they don't have the full Tremorsense that will let them bypass Concealment) and those will beeline for you with Stealth and/or Invis
Which is why I will not play reaper. I said the same thing to Cordo in 2018 when he said their official position is that they do not support stealth in reaper.

Since reaper has become the de facto play setting that has meant that when I play I almost always solo. Just me, my second account, and a few hirelings.

In the XP changes thread people are commenting about SSG promoting murder hobo play. What they do not realize is that this game has been morphing from Dungeons and Dragons to Dungeons and Murder Hobos for quite some time.

Palumtra

Definitely A Member
Which is why I will not play reaper. I said the same thing to Cordo in 2018 when he said their official position is that they do not support stealth in reaper.

Since reaper has become the de facto play setting that has meant that when I play I almost always solo. Just me, my second account, and a few hirelings.

In the XP changes thread people are commenting about SSG promoting murder hobo play. What they do not realize is that this game has been morphing from Dungeons and Dragons to Dungeons and Murder Hobos for quite some time.
Paladin (Lawful Good) after casually slaughtering 200+ enemies: Hey, it's for the greater good! :D and for that extra xp :'D

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Stealth has always been a bit borked in ddo. Simply touching a lever, door, switch, picking something up, etc. will break it. Pretty sure it's always been that way though. . .doubt it will ever be set up to work as it probably should, off of opposing skill rolls.

PaleFox

Stealth has always been a bit borked in ddo. Simply touching a lever, door, switch, picking something up, etc. will break it. Pretty sure it's always been that way though. . .doubt it will ever be set up to work as it probably should, off of opposing skill rolls.
You roll a one and set off an alarm, the entire dungeon is now on "High Alert" gaining a +5 to their spot and listen checks.