So which Xpack best suited for HC seasons if own all except the last 4 Feywild, Saltmarsh, Dread, or Vecna, out of our choices for the freebie?

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
For those of us not lucky enough at this moment in time to purchase the ultimate fan bundle versions which I plan to, like I own all the other previous Ultimate fan bundles up to and including Sharn. Love my Shield Guardians!
Shield_Guardian_(Monster).png

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Depends on multiple factors. If you're going for RXP at cap on HC, then I'd say Dread. Dread brings LGS weapon debuffs (good for everyone) and things like the LGS spell crit damage for casters without having to do raids. It brought the stuff that raiders use to maximize damage, heals, etc. to the masses. It was probably one of the best things for more casual (and non-casual) players I've seen for QoL on gear; so many people can up their game off that.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
Definitely agree with Feywild for leveling.

Durging the HC season, I spend extra time farming Fey gear. It can serve well enough up to Level 20.

Sharn is better at Level 15, but I wouldn’t want to keep farming it unless planning to continue into epics.

ProllyDidItWrong

Saltmarsh and dread content is very fun to run in or out off HC so I would prioritize those two over Fewwild and Vecna. Out of these two Dread is a full xpac where as Saltmarsh is a mini xpac... so...

Saltmarsh gear is easier to farm but doesnt take you very far except for a ring or two...

Feywild gear is better and last longer but... yeah its feywild. I can never stand the theme and quests long enough to farm it for the best gear..YMMV

Dread is (IMO) almost perfect - especially in Legendary.

/begin minor rant
And Vecna is just crap. They turned it in to one big gag reel after another - Im glad to see an end to the scroll saga - but in my mind from old school PNP D&D tales of Vecna would keep me up at night and here he's just a joke - jezz - swing and a miss. It could have been so much more epic if they would have just got out of their way with the gags and just let the legend breath and scare the ba-jesus out of us
/end rant
Anyway - I would prolly pick up saltmarsh if I were in your position as I never make it long enough in HC to get to Dread... (running two levels above so I don't enter Dread until I'm level 9 or so)
But if you are running HC then you are subbing... does not that already give you access to these expac dungeons and wilderness? The same access that you would get when you pick a free pac?

if so then maybe you should be looking for other priorities besides what pac for HC but instead what pac for your regular scheduled playstyle..??

glass_jaws

But if you are running HC then you are subbing... does not that already give you access to these expac dungeons and wilderness? The same access that you would get when you pick a free pac?

if so then maybe you should be looking for other priorities besides what pac for HC but instead what pac for your regular scheduled playstyle..??
Negative. Mini expacs and expansions are not included in VIP. This is partly why the VIP members have been up in arms since they get content packs for free, but with the move to "mini expacs" they are left out.

The Narc

Take the one that cost the most DDO points in the store, and if that is tied take the most recent one available, the others will be given away for less to nothing when they go on sale. In this case i think it would be Isle of Dread.