Social State of the Game: In Tatters

Arch-Necromancer

I decided to group because I am on 2nd life and need an opener for elite.

So I posted a group for Sharn chain, found few people and we ran a whole chain, and right before the last quest, everyone leaves.

Just great.

And now you try to find a group for the last quest in chain. Not gonna happen.

BUT I got lucky and next day there was a group running the second chain, and they were just finishing Blown Deadline so i joined up with them, and managed to complete the last quest.

But usually it is not that simple. I just got lucky.

I don't get this leaving the group before the last quest. Maybe because sagas allow you to skip one?

After that I made a group for Cogs quests, elite or r1. Just a few min after I posted my group, someone else posted a group for same Cogs quests in r1, but they posted a level range I am not in (15-17, I was 18).

Why wouldn't you join an existing group instead of making your own?

Of course someone joined that group. No one joined mine. I waited for an hour for someone to join (because I needed an opener for elite/r1), and no luck.

In the end I played solo on hard.

So yeah, grouping is not in a very good state now...

Ethril

After that I made a group for Cogs quests, elite or r1. Just a few min after I posted my group, someone else posted a group for same Cogs quests in r1, but they posted a level range I am not in (15-17, I was 18).
The first half of the Cogs quests are 15 (17 on elite or reaper) so many people don't want to join a party with people above 17.

Pineapple

Is there an XP penalty if there is a level 18 character?

I know that there is a Delving bonus penalty, but it is Individual (by wiki), so should affect only that one character, not the rest:
Not a penalty exactly but you get less bonus xp. I am pretty sure the wiki is wrong there about when it is halved. I have ran many heroic quests with 1 person 3 levels over and as soon as they zone in the delving bonus on my XP sheet drops to 75% (wiki says it's when YOUR character is 3 levels over)