Somebody teach me how to "fire sorc"

Teh_Troll

My caster is usually a Wizard but he's currently taking a Fire Sorc vacation. Last time I played one at end-game was 2+ years ago.

I want to be a nuker, I know cold is better but I like fire a "fireball" is such and iconic D&D thing.

What's the best gear to pursue at cap? ED setup? What DCs can I still expect to get while focusing mostly on nuking?

Your assistance is much appreciated.

mikarddo

As a fire Sorc past level 20 your most important spells are
- Mass Hold for CC. Disco Ball has some uses too but in more specific places.
- Meteor Swarm, Delayed Fireball and Fireball + Energy Burst (main nuking line)
- Sunburst (for certain mobs).
If you build for reduced cool down on spells you pretty much dont need more spells than that. Meteor Swarm is your work horse.

Heroic ED:
- 41 points in Fire Servant (you want to be a fire elemental as that means you debuff any fire immunities so you can always blast fire):
Apart from that there are many routes. I like 21+ points in EK for deflect arrows and more and 12+ points in Falconry for run speed boosts and +hp - but there are many other options most noteably Feydark for Greater Color Spray.

Epic ED:
- 35+ points in Draconic is pretty much a given. Energyburst etc. Some Sorcs also go the Ruin + G. Ruin route taking both those feats + the improvement from Droconic.
Apart from that there are many options. I personally like 13+ points in Shadowdancer for evasion (I have ~90 reflex save in reaper), reduction of spell cooldown and immunity to energy drain and Exacted Angle for more spell points, reduction in spell threat, WINGS and a group cure for some healing - but there are definitely other options as well.

If you play R6 or below nukes alone are fine. If you play R7+ or raids you will want insta kills also. I use FoD, PK, Trap the Soul, Circle of Death and Wail.

If we are talking 1-20:
Level 1-11: Fire is fine except for Fire Caves in 3bc where you want something else. Scorch at level 4 is amazing, then Fireball + Scorch and Acidball to kill. No need for CC.
Level 12: Swap to Air. Having Wind Dance + Runspeed Boost (Falconry) + Chain Lightning = noone can rival your speed and killing power on low reaper for several levels. Lightning Ball and Cone of Cold for the mobs that are immune to lightning. Little to no need for CC.
Level 18 or 20: Swap to Fire.

At cap you will see quite a few sorcs that are not nukers but pure insta killers these days. Their DC are amazing but for anything they cannot insta kill or CC they become dead weight. Each has it uses but I prefer to mixed nuker with insta kills.

In raids - insta killing and CC is often more useful than nuking but unless you are pushing higher reapers a mixed sorc can perform reasonably well for instakilling and CC on hard/R1. In Skelly a Fire Sorc is sadly a wasted slot though. My bard (stormsinger) does more damage while also healing and buffing than my fire sorc in there.

Last edited:

DBZ

Ok i have to ask master of music at 24 and not intensify what am i missing there ah for shout greatest shout idk thats a trade off though

Other note great dcs in your filigrees but your losing alot of dps without any dragon soul filigrees you might want 2 clubs depending on content being run

Tilomere

Ok i have to ask master of music at 24 and not intensify what am i missing there ah for shout greatest shout idk thats a trade off though

Other note great dcs in your filigrees but your losing alot of dps without any dragon soul filigrees you might want 2 clubs depending on content being run
I dislike the multiple buttons to target someone to heal and then throwing a heal and then targetting mobs to CC. Prefer an All in 1 solution of facing general area and hitting 2 shouts. Fatesinger/Master of Music is for the healing output and chillaxing, go fire/draconic if you want AoE dps.

Last edited:

majorhavoc

Having played Sorc for over 100 TRs I still love my Fire Sorc the best, & I have tried them all & now my max TR final build is a Draconic Fire Sorc.
Some of the above posts are full of wisdom and good advice & some of it is trash, rather tell you which is which it would be better to let you sort it out, but I will be glad to give a few pointers, PM me if you want my final detailed build.
1. Ruin & Gruin with the T5 DI Ruin intensified is amazing and you will not be disappointed, just make sure to focus heavily on force SP & crits, eye-popping crits are common and it is sure nice having a reaper delete button when needed.
2. Personally, I put my points 41 in Fire Sorc, 31 in Fay Ill, 25 in Draconic, this gives free enlarge spell at no cost on everything and tons of boost to fire & force power.
3. Gear is all about the set bonuses, arrange your gear to the most/best-set bonuses available, focusing on Fire & force Spell Power, Crits & Crit Damage.
4. Lastly about gear, the Dino gear from IoD is hard to beat, with 10 slot filigree, 2 X Dino clubs, and Artifact, which packs an amazing amount of flexibility. See below for my current recommendations.

Last edited:

majorhavoc

Here is what I am running now:

Primary Caster Stick W/ Filigree

Shadowscale = +10% Enhancement bonus to Spell Cost Reduction..

Meltfang = Adds Evil alignment bypass. Your attacks and spells deal a large amount of stacking Acid damage over time.

Sparkclaw = +2 Exceptional bonus to Charisma.

Flamehorn = Your attacks and offensive spells have a chance to reduce enemy Magical Resistance Rating and Universal Spell Power.

Meridian FragmentOrange
Eye of LamanniaRed
Filigree Set

14 = 4+10 = +12 Charisma, +72 Spellpower, +6 DCs, -20% ASF, -10 Cast Time, +15% Spell Crit Damage

5 = 1+4 = (5)Coalesced Magic: +2 Charisma, +58 Spellpower, -10% ASF, +5% Spell Crit Damage, +1 Caster Level, +4 MRR

5 = 1+4 = (5)Dragonsoul: +2 Charisma, +14 Spellpower, -10% ASF, +1 Intelligence, +4 MRR, -10 Cast Time, +10% Spell Crit Damage

2 = 1+1 = (2)Hell and Back/Embraced by Light: +4 Charisma, +8 MRR, +5 Healing Amp, +5 PRR

2 = 1+1 = (2)Sanctified Fervor/Reverberation +4 Charisma +8 MRR, +5 Healing Amp

Artifact Belt

Scale: Charisma = +14 Enhancement bonus to Charisma (+15 in a Minor Artifact)

Fang: Fire Spell Crit Damage = +10% Insight bonus to Fire Spell Crit Damage.

Claw: Fire Spell Crit Damage = +5% Quality bonus to Fire Spell Crit Damage.

Horn: Sacred DCs = You have a +2 Sacred bonus to Spell DCs.

Crystallized Drop of TeaYellow
Legendary Undying Sapphire +225 Incapacitation rangeBlue
Essence of Pomura's Memento 5% Insightful Spell CritGreen

Offhand Caster Stick

Iridescent Scale = +102 Equipment bonus to all Spellpowers..

Flamefang = Adds Good alignment bypass. Your attacks and spells have a small chance to deal a large amount of Fire damage.

Meltclaw = +2 Exceptional bonus to Constitution.

Horn = Black Sands' Desire = Your attacks and offensive spells have a chance to significantly slow your enemies.

The Eye of MabarRed
The Eye of ShavarathRed

DBZ

Nice set up does melt fang have the same problem as Dragon armor sets and Magma procs and DI inevitable cancelling each other out or