Sonic Sorc Support (AKA old man's healer)

comfy

the comfortable
I was skeptical when I saw the title, but it all clicked after reading the first few lines. Even as a sorc non-enjoyer, I would really like to give this a shot. Wonderful concept, thank you for sharing :)

igotamike

Hey Tilo, Trying this build right now. Haven't played a sorc in ages so taking me a bit to get used to it, but so far its pretty awesome. I went the DC route, changed up the gear a bit so that I'd still have high sonic but essentially the same.

So far I'm loving it so thanks a ton!

Have you tried the tank version? It now has got me quite curious.

Tilomere

Not in the last decade. I'm really curious about it as well. To me that's a framework to build anything (melee/ranged/tank) (grabbing DM from KoTC) and to have a solid rotation if your build otherwise is lacking one.

Tanks are just especially ripe since they just basically sit there and hold block. There are a lot of melee activated attacks, but they aren't worth using on a tank over blocking. Ranged really only has a meaningful hunts end every 8 seconds so that has huge gaps as well to fill in.

I kindof want to try HW or Inq as well as SaD as DC casting trees.

Last edited:

healertank

Interesting build for sure. Trying it out for kicks. Only thing is you said air savant adds vuln to for shout/sonic etc? It only adds vulns to electrical spells, not sonic.. unless there is something I'm not seeing? edit: oh you might not be referring to air elemental stance, but the lvl 12 core that has a chance to add vuln stacks.

Last edited: