Sorc/warlock...?

Dman1970

I was wondering how well Sorc Eldritch Knight/ Warlock Enlightened Spirit/ and just enough Feydark Illusionist to get CHA for to hit and too damage , so maybe 7 total, unless there is more here that would be a good benefit? Just an idea I was curious about. Suggestion and ideas appreciated. Thanks!

Kipp

It'd work fine but I think you're probably better off just going pure warlock. The capstone for ES is very nice since it gives you full BAB and the main problem you'd have with losing warlock levels is that you'd end up with a slower aura, which would suck. Generally I don't think losing that is worth it. I think vistani + pure sorc/warlock would end up more DPS than doing any kind of split, but without actually theorycrafting a specific build, its hard to say off the top of my head.

Dman1970

It'd work fine but I think you're probably better off just going pure warlock. The capstone for ES is very nice since it gives you full BAB and the main problem you'd have with losing warlock levels is that you'd end up with a slower aura, which would suck. Generally I don't think losing that is worth it. I think vistani + pure sorc/warlock would end up more DPS than doing any kind of split, but without actually theorycrafting a specific build, its hard to say off the top of my head.
Appreciate the reply! Thanks!

unbongwah

I feel like pure sorcerer Eldritch Knight and pure Vistani warlock are already strong enough that there's not much point in "diluting" them with a sorcerer+warlock combo. The main drawback to either is Feydark Illusionist doesn't have a Battle Trance; so you have to decide between staying pure to get your class capstone or splashing cleric / FvS for Divine Might.

EDIT: obviously there will always be outliers and I'm sure someone will explain why "actually sorc 12 / FvS 6 / war 2 is the true bestest melee build!" or whatever. But I also think if you're the sort of player with basic build questions like this, you're the sort of player who should stick to "clean" builds without a lot of minmaxing shenanigans, because IME they're the first to get hit with the Nerf Bat, forcing you to redo them from scratch (or at least spring for a Heart of Wood to Lesser Reincarnate).

Ying

5000+ hours played
Eldritch Knight pairs better with Wizard than Sorc due to the free feats. EK builds these days tend to splash 2 Rogue for 3 more imbue and sneak attack dice. Splashing Warlock as an EK has synergy with Arcane Warrior when used with the ES Aura pulse.