Spellcaster, weapon Fang question

Col Kurtz

Bright fang >extra untyped damage
shadow fang >extra curse damage
Iridiscent fang >+5 spell DC's

I see a few top builds posted using the +5 DC one ... just curious if the masses find the extra damage from the other 2 fangs helpful (seems like either those two could be better for Bosses)

my 1st dino thing im crafting and would not want to waste mats experimenting;)

:)srry to cross post topics but i asked in crafting forum last week and no answers yet

DBZ

I'd like to know is melt fang working with DI inevitable or are they cancelling each other out

Think it depends if that works or not why they may not be using them

vryxnr

Bright and Shadow are both untyped, but their value is small.

Bright is something like 10% for double digit untyped damage (like, 30-60 range iirc)

Shadow got nerfed recently. It used to stack with itself to increase the duration infinitely. Now it instantly goes to 1 minute and 10 seconds and new stacks just refresh it to that duration.

Meltfang is still top DPS afaik, but it's acid (only a worry for clay golems and some oozes)

The +5 DC doesn't stack with other items that gives spell focus, but if you don't have it elsewhere, then sure. If you do have spell focus +5 on any other item, then it doesn't actually do anything. ...of course, if it's a 2 handed dino weapon, then you also get 5% exceptional spell crit, which is good.

(edit: at least it's not supposed to stack, as they're the same type of bonus: equipment)

• Sad
Reactions: DBZ

Marshal_Lannes

+5 DC is almost always a poor choice. However, since these are augments, that can be removed and replaced, you don't have to worry about irreparably "breaking" your item.

Col Kurtz

Bright and Shadow are both untyped, but their value is small.

Bright is something like 10% for double digit untyped damage (like, 30-60 range iirc)

Shadow got nerfed recently. It used to stack with itself to increase the duration infinitely. Now it instantly goes to 1 minute and 10 seconds and new stacks just refresh it to that duration.

Meltfang is still top DPS afaik, but it's acid (only a worry for clay golems and some oozes)

The +5 DC doesn't stack with other items that gives spell focus, but if you don't have it elsewhere, then sure. If you do have spell focus +5 on any other item, then it doesn't actually do anything. ...of course, if it's a 2 handed dino weapon, then you also get 5% exceptional spell crit, which is good.

(edit: at least it's not supposed to stack, as they're the same type of bonus: equipment)
I assume those elemental fangs scale with spell power>so prob just match whatever dragon breath I'm using?... i kind like cold but can swap to acid breath if the matching dino augment is da shizzle

+Sparkhorn ...i'd assume is best for boss vulnerbility stacks?

Last edited:

Col Kurtz

I assume those elemental fangs scale with spell power>so prob just match whatever dragon breath I'm using?... i kind like cold but can swap to acid breath if the matching dino augment is da shizzle

+Sparkhorn ...i'd assume is best for boss vulnerbility stacks?
bump> really like to figure this one last question b4 i craft it up:)

PaleFox

For shadow fang, there might be stuff that stacks / triggers off the curse part. I don't know for sure as I still like to test it out.

Col Kurtz

For shadow fang, there might be stuff that stacks / triggers off the curse part. I don't know for sure as I still like to test it out.
ty...read in my post in the crafting forum all those seem to be small #s ...but since fang is only 50 bones I'm gonna test the icefang. I have ice crit and power from the filigree. Been using cold breath for now...but lol thats something easy enough to swap out.

***Big question is the HORN... haven't had enough responses yet from the collective on what to pick.

Flamehorn > Ying has thin on his staff...thinking that would be a nice choice? (reduces mrr and univ spell power)

Sparkhorn > for stacks of vulnerability?

Shadowhorn > reduces prr and mrr (seems like a good choice for bosses when pugging, if it is effective?)

Brighthorn > for survivability (since I dont have enough reaper pts , and past lives to pop a super high hit point # yet)
& in case those other horns are not as effective as advertized based on Player's Experiences.

popejubal

I have a Shadowhorn and a Melthorn pair of caster sticks that I swap in and they’re lovely. Grab your debuff sticks, throw a Wizard past life super Magic Missile and then swap back to your regular weapon(s). The boss goes down WAY faster.

popejubal

Note on the debuffers- you don’t really need them for trash but you’ll always want more CC. I’d make the freezing ice horn my main weapon. The debuffer sticks are swap-in as you create them. I made my main sticks as clubs and my debuffing weapons daggers so I could visually see what I’m using more easily during a fight.

Col Kurtz

Note on the debuffers- you don’t really need them for trash but you’ll always want more CC. I’d make the freezing ice horn my main weapon. The debuffer sticks are swap-in as you create them. I made my main sticks as clubs and my debuffing weapons daggers so I could visually see what I’m using more easily during a fight.
thanks> eventually>biggest battle is the inventory space war:)

Col Kurtz

not sure ice fang is proc-ing with cold dragon mantle active? but when a bunch stuff is going off it may not register in the floaty numbers. I am seeing more frozen enemies and they die fast enough for now;) my 2 spell volley+ dragonbreath is slaying most mobs up to r4, if timed properly