Spiked chain questions.

Pfill

If you ran barbarian S-Kai, would stuff like Storm's eye focused wrath buff improved spike chain? What if you were wizard 20, would the EK on hit imbues hit with the chain attacks?

Palumtra

Definitely A Member
Spiked chain attack can and will proc all on hit effects from your main hand weapon, but you need a light melee weapon to use it (if a weapon is considered a light weapon for your character via enhancements, you can use chains with that weapon too).
Same goes for Greater Spiked Chain.

FuzzyDuck81

Spiked chain attack can and will proc all on hit effects from your main hand weapon, but you need a light melee weapon to use it (if a weapon is considered a light weapon for your character via enhancements, you can use chains with that weapon too).
Same goes for Greater Spiked Chain.
This pretty much covers it :)

A handful of legendary weapons have "on crit" effects rather than just "a chance" or "occasionally" & they get a significant boost with chains thanks to the threat & multiplier bonuses, I highly recommend the legendary goldcursed dagger for this as it can give you some pretty effective crowd control & with other builds like the handaxe FB/swashbuckler it's just downright murderous.

FuzzyDuck81

If only we can speed up the cool down.
Considering its 3 cleaves in 1 with boosted threat & multiplier at the same time, 12secs is pretty well balanced i think, especially with it being a free feat - and it doesn't share a cooldown with any other cleaves, whirlwind attack or the greater chain attack. Throwing the extra enhancements on top boost it pretty nicely too.

Scrag

Check the barbarian supercrit threat in the classes section! Talks a good bit about this.

Eltronin

Kobolds don't matter
Considering its 3 cleaves in 1 with boosted threat & multiplier at the same time, 12secs is pretty well balanced i think, especially with it being a free feat - and it doesn't share a cooldown with any other cleaves, whirlwind attack or the greater chain attack. Throwing the extra enhancements on top boost it pretty nicely too.
Yes, that is true and very balanced but, imagine just running through quests like a Helicopter blade chopping down enemies as you go. Kobolds can remember Waterworks all they want, Chainblade is coming for them.

FuzzyDuck81

Yes, that is true and very balanced but, imagine just running through quests like a Helicopter blade chopping down enemies as you go. Kobolds can remember Waterworks all they want, Chainblade is coming for them.
No reason you can't just take some regular cleaves, whirlwind attack & similar enhancements to your build & basically be Taz. I had an EK which worked like this & just mixed in an energy burst occasionally, it was silly & fun.

Scrag

No reason you can't just take some regular cleaves, whirlwind attack & similar enhancements to your build & basically be Taz. I had an EK which worked like this & just mixed in an energy burst occasionally, it was silly & fun.
I took and use the frenzied berserker cleave with all the accoutrements and use it constantly. An endless stream of high damage cleave attacks, as the cleave recharges ~ the same speed as adrenaline. I can get two barb cleaves in w/ adrenaline before i use it with chain.