SSG, DDO is a Great Game

Kimbere

It's a shame we can't actually play and enjoy it because of the ridiculous lag.

We're trying a Fire Over Morgrave raid and can't do anything because more often than not, we literally can't even move. We're stuck in place due to lag for 30-60s at a time over and over.

In those brief spurts where we can move, everything is on a 30s delay, attacks, spells, the Balor's jump animation vs the hits from the jump.

We've wiped twice now. We know how to run the raid and we have a team full of multipletionists who play well but no amount of skill, past lives, meta build nor gearing can beat this sort of bs lag.

The servers are running like pure garbage and have been, at least on Orien, since Friday. This is stupid.

Last edited:

Kimbere

if ssg could have fixed the lag by now im sure they would have. that doesnt mean its any less annoying
It's worse than normal the past few weeks. Seems like they borked something with the recent updates / new content.

Either way, they probably could fix it but they seem to be too busy cranking out new updates, new HCLs, and piling on other misc stuff on top of the broken codebase instead of buckling down and fixing it properly.

Which is the point of my OP. It's a great game, if/when we can play it without wanting to punch our monitors due to the lag. Maybe they ought to focus a bit more on fixing the one thing that universally ruins the gaming experience in DDO faster than anything else?

Barring actually fixing it, maybe they should stop piling new mechanics, abilities and systems on top of the old, already broken stuff which just makes it worse?

Barring that, maybe they ought to consider upgrading whatever underlying hardware is running their VMs to something faster with more RAM, etc.?

I mean, there are a lot of ways to approach the lag problem, but they seem to be doing none of them at the moment.

Last edited:

Lag4Ever

It would be completely off-brand, but some sort of statement or acknowledgment from SSG management is way overdue on this.

Here, I'll draft something SSG can copy/paste:
We continuously monitor system resources and performance, and are aware of the increased lag as of late. Frankly the current state is unacceptable. Our players deserve better, and we as a team need to do better. This has been raised as a priority issue to the highest levels of management. We thank the players for their continued patience as we seek to invest more resources in identifying and solving the root causes of lag, and temporarily de-prioritize new content and features in order to ensure that the game has a stable foundation from which to continue to grow. In the meantime, please rest assured that decreased player loads on normal game servers are expected to start next week as a result of Hardcore Season 9.

The Narc

It would be completely off-brand, but some sort of statement or acknowledgment from SSG management is way overdue on this.

We continuously monitor system resources and performance, and are aware of the increased lag as of late. Frankly the current state is unacceptable. Our players deserve better, and we as a team need to do better. This has been raised as a priority issue to the highest levels of management. We thank the players for their continued patience as we seek to invest more resources in identifying and solving the root causes of lag, and temporarily de-prioritize new content and features in order to ensure that the game has a stable foundation from which to continue to grow. In the meantime, please rest assured that decreased player loads on normal game servers are expected to start next week as a result of Hardcore Season 9.
Funny!

Do you think they will have the harscore server running perfectly so they can try to promote play over on their streamer lead cash cow?!? I wonder if they give those streamers little bonuses on the side?

Thor

Looking for a New Love
Let's be honest, Beavis and Butthead are basically running SSG at this point. I like to think of SSG this way now as it makes it more palatable, as they do stupid thing after stupid thing. When Cordovan gives a reply I see Butthead laughing, when Sev chimes in, yeah it's Beavis. Let's be honest, SSG is a "sheit" show. HM..... **** Show Games... LOL

Thor

Looking for a New Love
Let's be honest, Beavis and Butthead are basically running SSG at this point. I like to think of SSG this way now as it makes it more palatable, as they do stupid thing after stupid thing. When Cordovan gives a reply I see Butthead laughing, when Sev chimes in, yeah it's Beavis. Let's be honest, SSG is a "sheit" show. HM..... **** Show Games... LOL
And I like the game too. Too Bad SSG doesn't give a **** about their own game.

ACJ97F

Gary would be spinning around in his grave like a rotisserie chicken between two fidget spinners if he knew what happened to DDO. ;)

nix

nail. head.

Drunken.dx

It's worse than normal the past few weeks. Seems like they borked something with the recent updates / new content.
noticed that too

last few weeks lag has increased.
I noticed that often when some effect wears off, game hangs for a second or 2, something which previously happened, but rarely.

and last 2 days I can't examine items by hovering mouse over it in inventory but have to manually open examine window
that's my usual cue that game is lagging