SSG, Please Fix Your Lag-Broken Game

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
I passed on the splendid opportunity to add dying hamster screams.

This is how a dying server looks like. The vid is in no way altered or slowed. You can check it on the buff bar. It takes forever to sell a few items.

Any reactions SSG?

Titus

Psiandron

How to tell us you didn't read the thread without telling us you didn't read the thread.

Playing solo. Same problems banking, selling, logging in/out as others described.

Green in-game network meter the whole time. PC specs high enough to run 4+ simultaneous instances of the DDO client at the same time without straining. 1Gbps synchronous fiber inet connection with sub-40ms ping times to the world server.

Thanks for playing. Please drive through.

SKd7bft.jpeg
What a potato!!!
:LOL:

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
So the grass in Orien was in fact greener but super thick and hard to move around in.
The Argo people have the "soup is just right." Orien is lag party 24/7.

Also I think a lot of this lag will be fixed with better/more server power.

Last edited:

Malruk

Was planning to buy some supplies in the store today and grind out my next life. Quit after an hour without making any purchases. Fix the game if you want my money.

Svirfneblin

Everyone was complaining about the crippling lag on Orion all weekend it was rather bad. Freezing rubberbanding mobs attacking where you used to stand two seconds ago the bank was slow to open blah blah blah

Salmiak

People unable to play last weekend, people unable to play this weekend... are we to expect the same next weekend too? It seems to be a trend.

Warsaga

present day - present time
I passed on the splendid opportunity to add dying hamster screams.

This is how a dying server looks like. The vid is in no way altered or slowed. You can check it on the buff bar. It takes forever to sell a few items.

Any reactions SSG?

Titus
Im just thinking about how I never thought to place the mini map there xD

Smokewolf

Today my group had several instances (3 or 4) where the party encountered a Famine Reaper, then the game suddenly paused for 4-6 seconds. Meanwhile the Mr. Famine and friends preceded to clean our clocks, while we we unable to do anything about it. Keep in mind, that Its not like the whole game stopped, just our input wasn't doing diddly squat during this time.

I'm wondering if the Reaper is causing some kind of client side lag as it is spawning into the instance.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
I think this is more game related then hardware related. I get the impression based on stuff Severlin said once upon a time, that the server loading is fine. Now if they could just get an 18 year old game more optimized....

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Mobius

rumour has it the lag is from a skeleton archer in Delaras, still firing at someone from feb 2006

Although I have been known to tickle the funny bone of a skeleton or two, this was before my join date, which therefore renders me blameless. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.