SSG, Please Fix Your Lag-Broken Game

rabidfox

The People's Champion
This is on argo right now. On Monday, middle of the day. A full 3 second delay between hitting stanch (you can see the cooldown start) and it applying the temp HP. Mobs running in place, rubberbanding, delays between casts/attacks and them going off. (Network panel is green, no loss, typical nice latency for me)

Buddha5440

It may be helpful if people gave some (general) idea of their geographical location rather than just the server. We may find out that they are all using the same pipeline.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
Argo-Harbor-Harbinger O'Madness pack. Got some tasty lag tonight!
Not enough to choke on, but enough to stress you out just a bit. 😋

Vox

The text dialogues are really painful when it lags. It's just a text box, why does it take so long to open?

paddymaxson

It may be helpful if people gave some (general) idea of their geographical location rather than just the server. We may find out that they are all using the same pipeline.
I'd be inclined to say it's not a routing issue, but I'm in the UK, however the whole party which I assume as not exclusively in the UK had the same issue..

Buddha5440

I'd be inclined to say it's not a routing issue, but I'm in the UK, however the whole party which I assume as not exclusively in the UK had the same issue..
You may well be correct but I jumped on Orien less than 2 minutes after someone complained about all-day lag there and found none. Leads me to believe it's not SSG side.

It may also have something to do with people running top of the line OC'd rigs causing issues with an almost two decade old game... Ever try running DOS based games on a modern system without an emulator?

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
I was able to do some questing on Tuesday EU late night. I am hoping for the server restart today.

And once again I find it an absurdity that there has been zero reaction from official side to this situation, which has been going on for almost 2 weeks now.
Is it too much to ask to communicate with your customers, SSG?

Titus

Amoneth

I was able to do some questing on Tuesday EU late night. I am hoping for the server restart today.

And once again I find it an absurdity that there has been zero reaction from official side to this situation, which has been going on for almost 2 weeks now.
Is it too much to ask to communicate with your customers, SSG?

Titus
I totally agree. At the very least "We're looking into it" but preferably "Here's another day of the bonuses to make up for when it was unplayable for you"

pame12

You may well be correct but I jumped on Orien less than 2 minutes after someone complained about all-day lag there and found none. Leads me to believe it's not SSG side.

It may also have something to do with people running top of the line OC'd rigs causing issues with an almost two decade old game... Ever try running DOS based games on a modern system without an emulator?
It seems to be related to quests. Most quests seemed fine to me, but some just lagged out like crazy, 1 step took 5 seconds.

My theory is that the servers, like Orien etc... have various like "cold" instances setup for each quest, or maybe "cached" is the better word. When a player enters this quest, it creates a type of virtual instance of it within itself using parts of the cache. I'm thinking that maybe overtime this is causing some memory leak and a full server reset is needed to properly reset it.

Either that, or there's something wrong with e.g. the famine reapers or something is going on whenever the player is alive, because on a seperate thread I commented how the lag wasn't really happening when my whole group was dead in spirit form, still within the quest. But everytime someone rezzed, the lag would get worse and worse until we're all rezzed and it takes a good 5 seconds for 1 step again.
I'm not sure if it's famine reaper, might be something else because we were getting a lot of lag even after killing all the reapers, well, all the reapers we could/find/see, maybe they're spawning randomly inside the map?

Aggy

I still have the suspicion that the wheloon explorer zone is single handedly responsible for all lag in DDO. Has someone ever looked into that?

Guntango

I've closed out my bank 6+ times since stepping into Make Believe. Please fix this garbage.

Also, please fix the Good Hope + Dragon Lord aura tic spam.

w03zRzM.jpeg
Move to Argo. It’s .46% better.

TavernBrawler

Jesus Christ, where do you people drop from? And to keep Buddha's name for all your nonsense talk, He must be cursing himself.

Buddha5440

So lag is because players have computers that are too good for DDO...
Yes and No. Lag is often called the issue when it is not. It's an easy out. I have games that run fine on a WinXP system and ok on a Win10 system that rubberband and hitch on a Win11 system. That is not LAG. Stop putting words in my mouth.