SSG, the reason why I don't buy IoD or Vecna...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Because it's not playable, in that very few groups are able to effectively run the raid content.

It's that simple. All the gear that I want is gated in the raids, and I just can't find a raid group that's willing to consistently run it every other day.

STOP GATING GEAR BEHIND RAIDS.

STOP IT.

You can make it harder to get said gear through questing perhaps a token system with a lot of grind BUT give players on servers with little raid support or who play when raid groups don't ... A CHANCE.

Else, I'm just not going to buy any of the newer Xpacks because I literally am barred to playing the content. It's that simple.

DBZ

LGS 2.0 i don't need Vecna filler since cap is going up

Cap raise and myth drannor all we're waiting on

Mordenkainen

LGS 2.0 i don't need Vecna filler since cap is going up

Cap raise and myth drannor all we're waiting on
This is true. Not gonna lie, this is true.

But, I honestly wish they didn't have raids in Myth Drannor.

I am so freaking tired of raids and raiding you have no idea bruh. Like I HATE RAIDING SO HARDCORE now.

And I used to raid on EQ, WoW, AoC... it's just not tenable anymore, those MMO days are past.

I want high quality, well thought out authentic Dungeons & Dragons 6-person party style adventuring.

Raids are a stupid MMO thing and should die with the dying genre. Seriously.

DBZ

Raids are a huge selling point for alot of players and if its not tied to the core of your gear set its just right

All i do is grind reaper frags for the last 2 years and hats the years before and rings i get it

After the stat squish gear just isn't worth gearing either +1 doesn't cover the costs and you probably lose in mythic - reaper bonuses

Last edited:

Onyxia2016

Not going to lie, raid gear is cool and all but you can do very well in non-raid content with non-raid gear.
The focus on raid gear starts a pattern of behavior. Get raid gear so you can run more raids to get more raid gear.

If raiding is not something you enjoy or not something you can find groups for then block out the whole raid aspect of the game.
Focus on getting the best version of the gear for the content level you most desire to play. Farm for max mythic and reaper bonus named gear.
Outside of raids the gear sets are very powerful.

Actually having full raid gear would make running non-raid content too much of a cake walk.

Geezer

I kind of agree with the op as I dont raid anymore either. The problem is, apparently a lot of people here live for raids. The apparently like farming the raid gear which gives them that xtra +1 or whatever. More than likely we will always have a raid with an expansion. The whales like them.

Scrag

FoM raid is pretty idiot proof. You would have to be in a _super bad_ team to not get through LH. It is really fast to still pretty fast.

Of all the raids you could have picked, you picked one which is really low barrier to overcome.

Skellies however? That raid is garbage, I hate it. I don't like hanging around in a raid for long periods of idle time while people run around, talk to skeletons, jump across skulls, etc.

Skellies was cool the first time or two, and that was it.

Scrag

On the note of FoM, I love that you can craft junk on top of drops from the zone in the raid forge, and that the raid forge is easy to access, and that it is so flexible.

In fact, Vecna is probably my favorite zone in the entire game. There are a lot of good quality of life functions, like being able to replace-in-place buffs on gear (lost purpose) that doesn't involve destroying gear, is easy to replace, and has plentiful materials to do it with. The raid is short and fun. It has a unique enemy. The weapons and gear are pretty interesting. I really love the bsword/large shield/runearm/cloaks/assassinate gaunts. Because it is so fast to run, if you were so inclined, you could get an item in two weeks (ransack chest for runes, wait a week, do it again, claim item).

I will never put some fancy unleashed fire on a reliquary longsword, BUT, to be honest, I could see some value in doing it with how easy the reliquary gear is to get.

Siegfrid

Actually having full raid gear would make running non-raid content too much of a cake walk.
I think you have nailed it.

Get a toon will full raid gear , filigree etc put him/her in a group with someone who never raid they won't have the same power...

and that is fine!

BUT if you start balancing the group content thinking about fully raid geared toon...

You will have a few that are left behind struggling.

Lacci

Hm, well, Raids are an important part of MMOs.
Personally, I don´t like raiding much either, but compared to other games (like WoW for example), the raids in DDO don´t require as much time and effort to run.

Sure, some pieces might just be perfect for your gear tetris, but the game doesn´t really give me the impression that I couldn´t do without these items.

I literally am barred to playing the content.
No.

Mordenkainen

Hm, well, Raids are an important part of MMOs.
Personally, I don´t like raiding much either, but compared to other games (like WoW for example), the raids in DDO don´t require as much time and effort to run.

Sure, some pieces might just be perfect for your gear tetris, but the game doesn´t really give me the impression that I couldn´t do without these items.

No.
It's not. And the MMO genre is dead and dying. Not many new MMOs on the horizon and even brand names like D&D are heading the single/multi-player route than a MMO.

It stupid, most of your time is sucked up actually waiting for a raid to form and it's just unnecessary. And the beat-down the "big bad boss" is just so lame and done to death.

Also, it goes against thematically D&D which is more geared for a small party problem-solving rather than "yay!! let's all hit the giant loot pinata!"

STOP RAIDS.

GrizzlyOso

Disagree. Those raids were run constantly and even without the raids, which I personally rarely run , I use a ton of the gear from the quests and more importantly, love playing the quests . Not everything is for everyone.

Skellie secrets raid design is pretty bad though , as many have said .

Onyxia2016

Looking at it from a different perspective...

If you are in all non-raid gear and you are able to hang in a quest were the level is set by a player that is raid gear, you are the better player.
Start your own non-raid gear meta to show, if nothing else, that raid gear is only truly needed in raids.

As for raids, they have a place and people who get there fun from them. No need to not have them. If you stop raids there is no raid gear which is the same as just not running raids, with it where of OP is at. Forget about the raids and play to what you enjoy and do the best you can within that setting.

DBZ

No not necessarily gear scores matter avg raid gear will not have any

Unless you have a static raid team that is willing to pass

Mickeymouse

Because it's not playable, in that very few groups are able to effectively run the raid content.

It's that simple. All the gear that I want is gated in the raids, and I just can't find a raid group that's willing to consistently run it every other day.

STOP GATING GEAR BEHIND RAIDS.

STOP IT.

You can make it harder to get said gear through questing perhaps a token system with a lot of grind BUT give players on servers with little raid support or who play when raid groups don't ... A CHANCE.

Else, I'm just not going to buy any of the newer Xpacks because I literally am barred to playing the content. It's that simple.
IoD gearing is the best I´ve seen. What are you talking about? play for a 1-3 days and you get a set that erases 5 pieces of old stuff, play for 2 weeks and you´ll finesse it!

Status
Not open for further replies.