SSG, the reason why I don't buy IoD or Vecna...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
You can make it harder to get said gear through questing perhaps a token system with a lot of grind BUT give players on servers with little raid support or who play when raid groups don't ... A CHANCE.
What server do you play on? What time of day (EST) do you play?

I play on Khyber, which isn't the most populated server and can fill raids most of the time. Here's some basic questions to help diagnose the cause of the experience you're describing:
  1. Do you post LFMs?
  2. Are you in a guild?
  3. Can you link me to the forum post where you've sought out additional raiders? (I'd reccomend it to folks looking for raid parties)
  4. Are you active in any of the community discords?
  5. Are you open to playing with new people meeting other people in ddo?

DBZ

MD really needs a new SW gem in the saga list since RL is still the only pack with them

rohmer

I play on Khyber, which isn't the most populated server and can fill raids most of the time. Here's some basic questions to help diagnose the cause of the experience you're describing:
  1. Do you post LFMs?
  2. Are you in a guild?
  3. Can you link me to the forum post where you've sought out additional raiders? (I'd reccomend it to folks looking for raid parties)
6. Do you like randomly complaining? (To OP not Griglok)

A ton of raids dont require that many people to complete. Yes, its a bit of a hassle to get 12, but you can dew it if you try.

Something makes me think the OP may be squelched by a lot of people, and may play in an echo chamber. Thats just me.

Haramel

1. Do you post LFMs?
  2. Are you in a guild?
Hey, i play in Khyber too. In my case, I rarely find parties open for raids in Khyber, generally at the time I play (-3 GMT). Another problem is the language barrier, I understand written language, but not spoken language, then I see lfm demanding discord.

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
Hey, i play in Khyber too. In my case, I rarely find parties open for raids in Khyber, generally at the time I play (-3 GMT). Another problem is the language barrier, I understand written language, but not spoken language, then I see lfm demanding discord.
Guilty! The reason I require discord is because voice communication to explain a raid to someone who doesn't know it or isn't familiar with our guild's strategies is easier/more effective/less frustrating than typing all raid instructions. I owe it to the guild/raid group to give us the best chance of success. With that said, I am happy to connect with you OUTSIDE of raids and can make sure we're on the same page with all that. If you're willing to do that, I'm more than happy to include you in our raids even if you can't be in discord voice!

Feel free to shoot me a PM with your char names, my mains are in my sig.

Oliphant

You're on a server and playtime where you're only getting 3 people in quests. This sounds like the state of DDO for most servers at this point. Kinda brutal that they did a bunch of unpopular changes with U66 they knew would only drive more players away so they can kick the meta for kit and Otto Box sales.

Haramel

Guilty! The reason I require discord is because voice communication to explain a raid to someone who doesn't know it or isn't familiar with our guild's strategies is easier/more effective/less frustrating than typing all raid instructions. I owe it to the guild/raid group to give us the best chance of success. With that said, I am happy to connect with you OUTSIDE of raids and can make sure we're on the same page with all that. If you're willing to do that, I'm more than happy to include you in our raids even if you can't be in discord voice!

Feel free to shoot me a PM with your char names, my mains are in my sig.
Hey Griglok, This was not a complaint, while I understand the need for quick and fluid communication for better results in raids, I am frustrated at not being able to overcome this language barrier for now (there really are some players with accents who speak very quickly haha) . But I've already done raid with you, I'll be grateful for participating again, I appreciate it. tks

Hephaestas

Master Artificer
And playing in the wrong time zone.
False. This has been exhaustively rebutted though at this point but people keep thinking just because a raid supports twelve players does not mean it requires twelve players.

Not owning content is the only thing that prevents one from playing a raid. Please don't perpetuate this myth. Normal is a valid difficulty. Shortmanning is a valid way to raid. Hell, soloing raids are viable. Is it harder? Sure is! But possible? Absolutely.

Sheikra

Are you on Wayfinder? Are you playing in the least popular timezone? I know I see skele/fom raids nearly everyday, sometimes 2-3 per day. Also never wiped in either raid (although I've wiped a number of times in Hunt... lol)

vryxnr

Are you on Wayfinder? Are you playing in the least popular timezone? I know I see skele/fom raids nearly everyday, sometimes 2-3 per day. Also never wiped in either raid (although I've wiped a number of times in Hunt... lol)
Heh, when people forget about the souls in the final fight (or when too many assume someone else is dealing with them resulting in not enough/no one dealing with them) has caused far too many wipes in there lol.

Ostwind-Cannith

I've replaced all of my raid weapons with dino crafted weapons from IoD - and these are just the blanks that drop in the wilderness. they are that good. that said, I can't do the same with other equipment because it is locked behind the idiocy of the raid. I know some people like complex raids with weird mechanics and puzzles but I'm not one of them.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I can't do the same with other equipment because it is locked behind the idiocy of the raid. I know some people like complex raids with weird mechanics and puzzles but I'm not one of them.
The end chest in the raid is straight forward and easy to get; only the optional one takes a bit of effort. Heck, some people don't even do the final fight, they just do the 1st boss for that chest, loot, and leave.

Sheikra

Heh, when people forget about the souls in the final fight (or when too many assume someone else is dealing with them resulting in not enough/no one dealing with them) has caused far too many wipes in there lol.
Last time, we wiped twice on LH because we had about 5 DPS (first wipe was against the 2nd miniboss in the first fight LOL). The souls only took us down on the 2nd attempt!

Ostwind-Cannith

I forgot to add I like the 3 piece sets in vecna unleashed that you can choose your artifact bonus. this opens up some unique possibilities and ways to stack gear sets. I'm more or less happy with both this pack and IoD.
The end chest in the raid is straight forward and easy to get; only the optional one takes a bit of effort. Heck, some people don't even do the final fight, they just do the 1st boss for that chest, loot, and leave.
oh yeah I forgot - this is actually pretty do-able. I know there's some pretty powerful stuff locked behind the Yarrow section of the raid that I'll never sniff but the first part really ain't bad at all.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I know there's some pretty powerful stuff locked behind the Yarrow section of the raid that I'll never sniff but the first part really ain't bad at all.
They made that optional stuff buyable for runes with update 64(?); they're more expensive to get but for those that never do the optional (or have bad RNG on the optional chest), it's a way to still get them.

Shear-buckler

False. This has been exhaustively rebutted though at this point but people keep thinking just because a raid supports twelve players does not mean it requires twelve players.

Not owning content is the only thing that prevents one from playing a raid. Please don't perpetuate this myth. Normal is a valid difficulty. Shortmanning is a valid way to raid. Hell, soloing raids are viable. Is it harder? Sure is! But possible? Absolutely.
That's not the actual outcome though, due to raids being designed for large parties. What happens to players who play on timezones where they can have an LFM up for hours without anyone joining is that they forgo raiding completely. The consequence of that is a drastically lowered progression ceiling and a lot less options for the gear tetris mini-game.

Why not just make runes available outside of raids. Players who like to raid can still do so.

Drunken.dx

Because it's not playable, in that very few groups are able to effectively run the raid content.
funny I find raid groups for those raids regularly and I've yet to complete IOD raid without all optionals...

If you can't find a group, that makes me wonder...

Genkiba

They just don't exist bud at least when I play which isn't even that "off hours" 10:30 PM EST begin time.

I mean I'm running quests with 3 people. Kinda hard to run a raid on hard+ like that.
That's late to start a raid for those on the East Coast/Central time zones.

Guntango

It's not. And the MMO genre is dead and dying. Not many new MMOs on the horizon and even brand names like D&D are heading the single/multi-player route than a MMO.

It stupid, most of your time is sucked up actually waiting for a raid to form and it's just unnecessary. And the beat-down the "big bad boss" is just so lame and done to death.

Also, it goes against thematically D&D which is more geared for a small party problem-solving rather than "yay!! let's all hit the giant loot pinata!"

STOP RAIDS.

There are millions of active MMO players.

Status
Not open for further replies.