SSG: Time to reel in 18/1/1 builds

popejubal

18/1/1 has no place in D&D and same in DDO. There are strict dual and multi-class rules for a reason and you have been careless about it. Capstones for most classes are p*ss-poor and outright trash for some of them. For once, do something about this and bring this game closer to D&D.
Well that’s certainly a take.

Weird hill to die in, but…

ACJ97F

We just figured this was an attention thread, so he could validate the waste of oxygen. It's a game, nobody's taking that seriously.

The_Apocalypse

18/1/1 has no place in D&D and same in DDO. There are strict dual and multi-class rules for a reason and you have been careless about it. Capstones for most classes are p*ss-poor and outright trash for some of them. For once, do something about this and bring this game closer to D&D.
Multiclassing, as it is, started in 3e. DDO is supposed to be based on 3.5. In 3.5, you can have three classes as a 18/1/1 split if you want to, so...

nix

Please stop name-calling and quarrelling with other people. 1 level of warlock gives you +20 melee power, 1 level of FvS gives you trance, 1 level of dark apostate gives you..I can go on and on. Point is with the current state of capstone taking 1 level gives you more than the capstones. 18/1/1 is far better and its a no-brainer.
The biggest problem is figuring out which is the one true build [TM] which defines how the SSG have decreed the game "should" be played.

The Narc

Multiclassing, as it is, started in 3e. DDO is supposed to be based on 3.5. In 3.5, you can have three classes as a 18/1/1 split if you want to, so...
What always bothered me from day one of DDO was that they only allowed us 3 classes to multiclass, i remember building a 5 class character in 3.5 that also had 4 different prestigious classes. It was pure muchkinism!!

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Lots of players forgot about that this game is not D&D. It is just based on it and D&D and DDO not identical nor the same. Those are 2 separate and different game.
What works in PnP may not work (or cannot be implemented) in a real time combat fabtasy RPG and vica versa.
I dont see a problem to make builds like 18/1/1 cause everything which is fun to play helps to stay the game alive.
Freedom of choice is always good and always will be better than anything less.
This game is constantly changing and this is one of the reasons why DDO still exist after 15+ years.