SSG's inconsistency is going to make the rest of the playerbase Leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDO Gaming

I am missing the point on the image. Will need some context.
And I wish there was a better imagine posting option the imgur.

This forum engine does support direct image upload but I am guessing SSG does not want the image storing overhead.
Revenue from customer contracts:
Daybreak: 753.4
Blue Bubble: 571.9
Pirahna: 133
Toadman: 49.1
Fireshine: 352.1
Petrol: 185.6

Total: 2045

Daybreak contributed almost 37%, and the highest contribution

Daemos

Which brings me to ask the inevitable question. If you feel this way about the game. Why are you still here? Please do not hand me the "I am doing it out of concern for a game I love.' or its variations on that answer. It is obvious you feel the game is trouble and have come on here to voice that opinion. Why are you still here feeling as you do about the game?

SUNK COST FALLACY -

The sunk cost fallacy means that we are making irrational decisions that lead to suboptimal outcomes. We are focused on our past investments instead of present and future costs and benefits, meaning that we commit to decisions that are no longer in our best interests.

The sunk cost fallacy is a vicious cycle because we continue to pour resources into endeavors that we have already invested in. The more we invest, the more we feel committed to continuing the project, and the more money, time, and effort we are likely to put in.

I am NOT saying that this represents anyone in particular. I just want to point to a possible reason that some of us are still here. I sometimes ponder the question if that IS at least a portion of why I remain. Pity my human brain....it is so fallible....

(EDIT: Clarity of definition)

Last edited:

Onyxia2016

Revenue from customer contracts:
Daybreak: 753.4
Blue Bubble: 571.9
Pirahna: 133
Toadman: 49.1
Fireshine: 352.1
Petrol: 185.6

Total: 2045

Daybreak contributed almost 37%, and the highest contribution
Yes, Daybreak has a lot of other titles, EQ and EQ2 are their two highest grossing IP's currently and make up the lions share of there business.
You also need to look at their Jan-Dec 2022 numbers which show a 120.3 million drop in North America from 2022 to 2023.

From a financial standpoint you can never look at a single value. You have to have something to compare it to in order to determine a positive or negative change.

But this is not about Daybreak as a whole but DDO and the fact that its IP is not mentioned at all in the section on Daybreak despite expansion releases.

Something else interesting is the mention of decision making changes implemented by EG7 in Q3 2023. Not sure if this is good or bad.

In the third quarter of 2023, EG7 implemented a change to the internal organization, including internal reporting and decision-making processes. The segments correspond to the respective operating units, which follows the internal organization, and it is at this level that the company's highest executive decision-maker follows up on operating results as a basis for decisions on the allocation of resources. As a result, segment reporting from the third quarter of 2023 is updated to include the segments Daybreak, Big Blue Bubble, Piranha, Toadman, Fireshine and Petrol as this best reflects how EG7 primarily manages and monitors its business operations.

DDO Gaming

But this is not about Daybreak as a whole but DDO and the fact that its IP is not mentioned at all in the section on Daybreak despite expansion releases.

Something else interesting is the mention of decision making changes implemented by EG7 in Q3 2023. Not sure if this is good or bad.
So despite failing tpo provide any factual evidence you continue to beat the drums of doom. That's your personal choice and reflects in a hidden agenda aimed at dissuading gamers from playing DDO.

Why DDO is the target of so much negativety remains unclear but its pleasing you feel the need to invest so much time writing "doom and gloom" essays. I guess its a change from "tumble" essays.

Have a nice day :)(y)

Onyxia2016

So despite failing tpo provide any factual evidence you continue to beat the drums of doom. That's your personal choice and reflects in a hidden agenda aimed at dissuading gamers from playing DDO.

Why DDO is the target of so much negativety remains unclear but its pleasing you feel the need to invest so much time writing "doom and gloom" essays. I guess its a change from "tumble" essays.

Have a nice day :)(y)

The factual evidence is there for anyone willing to dig into it to see. However the rose color googles have to come off and look at it objectively.

Why is it that anyone that says anything to raise a level of concern is accused of beating a drum of doom. Is it because this should be swept under the rug and nobody talk about it? If you saw a potential for some catastrophic event that would effect may lives badly would you keep it to yourself and ignore it? If there was even the slightest chance or stopping it or at least slowing it down would you not take it?

Lets flip the script. Why is there some who come on these forums an spout that everything is rainbows and unicorn. That them and there static group have no issues playing so there is no problem with the game at all. Everything is great and DDO is doing great.

I do not want to see DDO slip any further downhill. I would love to see the population in the tens of thousands but that is not going to happen on the present course. Something or someone (several some ones in fact) have to standup and draw attention to the issues the community have been saying for years. Since it seems everything revolves around revenue, we sight the stead drop in population as well as the drop in profitability as the parent company sees it as examples that it is not just blowing smoke.

I am a realist. While I like gaming a fantasy game I do not live in one.

The Narc

The factual evidence is there for anyone willing to dig into it to see. However the rose color googles have to come off and look at it objectively.

Why is it that anyone that says anything to raise a level of concern is accused of beating a drum of doom. Is it because this should be swept under the rug and nobody talk about it? If you saw a potential for some catastrophic event that would effect may lives badly would you keep it to yourself and ignore it? If there was even the slightest chance or stopping it or at least slowing it down would you not take it?

Lets flip the script. Why is there some who come on these forums an spout that everything is rainbows and unicorn. That them and there static group have no issues playing so there is no problem with the game at all. Everything is great and DDO is doing great.

I do not want to see DDO slip any further downhill. I would love to see the population in the tens of thousands but that is not going to happen on the present course. Something or someone (several some ones in fact) have to standup and draw attention to the issues the community have been saying for years. Since it seems everything revolves around revenue, we sight the stead drop in population as well as the drop in profitability as the parent company sees it as examples that it is not just blowing smoke.

I am a realist. While I like gaming a fantasy game I do not live in one.
Maybe true but how do you change a trend that has been going on for 12 years. They continue to put out overpowered stuff then smash nerf it and then also find other well performing things and smash/stealth nerf then in order to push people towards the next best strong performer that is usually behind a pay wall of some sort. For an example alchemist is still a very strong performer.

DDO Gaming

There is no factual evidence beyond what ESG7 has chosen to publish. And they haven't published enough information for anyone outside the business to make any reasoned objective anything hence "grasping at straws". Furthermore there has been NO rumor on the grapevine even suggesting DDO might be shutdown hence "beating the drums of doom" and "hidden agendas" etc etc.

We all know COMPARED WITH OTHER PRODUCTS DDO doesn;t compare well. But equally there is no evidence to suggest EG7 is unhappy with their purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.