Stacking XP bonuses

Grimstad

Do these stack?
  • experience elixirs
  • XP ship buff
  • Voice of the Master
Anything else one could add into the mix?

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Yes, they all stack, additively, on the same channel with VIP bonus.

So, with a 30% xp pot and ship/voice/VIP, you'd get a bonus of:

30% pot
10% VIP
5% ship
5% voice
= 50% bonus

Note that while the bonuses on that channel (let's call it Bonus Channel) stack additively with each other, the bonus is applied multiplicatively, so yes, that 50% bonus will be a real 50% extra

Also note that tome of experience, bonus days with bonus to epic/heroic xp, delving, ransack, conquest etc stack additively on another channel, let's call that Quest Channel.

(quest xp + quest channel bonuses) * (bonus channel) = total xp granted.

(I hope I wrote that correctly. If not, someone correct me please)

Grimstad

Yes, they all stack, additively, on the same channel with VIP bonus.

So, with a 30% xp pot and ship/voice/VIP, you'd get a bonus of:

30% pot
10% VIP
5% ship
5% voice
= 50% bonus

Note that while the bonuses on that channel (let's call it Bonus Channel) stack additively with each other, the bonus is applied multiplicatively, so yes, that 50% bonus will be a real 50% extra

Also note that tome of experience, bonus days with bonus to epic/heroic xp, delving, ransack, conquest etc stack additively on another channel, let's call that Quest Channel.

(quest xp + quest channel bonuses) * (bonus channel) = total xp granted.

(I hope I wrote that correctly. If not, someone correct me please)
I forgot about the tome, which I do have, so at this point I'm getting:
  • 5% ship
  • 10% pot
  • 5% voice
  • 20% tome (50% on first runs)
So on a first run, I should be getting 70% added xp?

I'm trying to figure the best strategy for leveling quickly for completionist. XP is one factor.

Another strategy I'm considering is speed- running hard once, then normal, and forgetting about elite and reaper where I waste time getting bogged down in mobs and getting killed. No optionals, just zerg and onto the next quest.

Br4d

I forgot about the tome, which I do have, so at this point I'm getting:
  • 5% ship
  • 10% pot
  • 5% voice
  • 20% tome (50% on first runs)
So on a first run, I should be getting 70% added xp?

I'm trying to figure the best strategy for leveling quickly for completionist. XP is one factor.

Another strategy I'm considering is speed- running hard once, then normal, and forgetting about elite and reaper where I waste time getting bogged down in mobs and getting killed. No optionals, just zerg and onto the next quest.

This is a good strategy for leveling quickly through heroic lives. If you are not VIP and on 1st life you will have to run Normal and then Hard. I recommend subscribing if you are in a push for heroic lives. The extra 10% is cost-effective if you are planning to run 15-20 sessions in the month subscribed.

You will find some quests a better source of XP than others and putting them in the rotation each life makes sense. The caveat is that it is easy to bore yourself and make the game less fun.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
No, the tome is on the "quest" channel, so does not stack like that.

Quest channel: base xp + conquest + tome + delving + ransack + conquest + daily and all that stuff.
Bonus channel: pot, voice, ship, VIP

Total xp: quest times bonus channel

Since the Quest xp channel has a large total compared to Bonus channel, the tome is not going to do all that much on a first time run.

You'd get (Quest base xp + ransack/delving/daily etc + tome) times (bonuses from pot/voice/ship)

So, with 10% pot, voice and ship, you'd get a 20% bonus in the "Bonus channel".
The 50% on first time from tome goes in the first channel, to be added up with delving, daily, ransack, conquest and so on. That "quest channel xp" would then get the bonus from the "bonus channel".

Hmm, I'm not sure I'm explaining it well enough. Anyone else?

Grimstad

No, the tome is on the "quest" channel, so does not stack like that.

Quest channel: base xp + conquest + tome + delving + ransack + conquest + daily and all that stuff.
Bonus channel: pot, voice, ship, VIP

Total xp: quest times bonus channel

Since the Quest xp channel has a large total compared to Bonus channel, the tome is not going to do all that much on a first time run.

You'd get (Quest base xp + ransack/delving/daily etc + tome) times (bonuses from pot/voice/ship)

So, with 10% pot, voice and ship, you'd get a 20% bonus in the "Bonus channel".
The 50% on first time from tome goes in the first channel, to be added up with delving, daily, ransack, conquest and so on. That "quest channel xp" would then get the bonus from the "bonus channel".

Hmm, I'm not sure I'm explaining it well enough. Anyone else?
I think I understand. That's why ship, voice, and pots don't show up in the quest channel.

Br4d

Why Normal first?

Because 1st life characters can only open on Normal difficulty until they have completed a quest. Second run you can open on Hard and third on Elite.

VIP's can always open on Elite difficulty first run of the quest.

Grimstad

Because 1st life characters can only open on Normal difficulty until they have completed a quest. Second run you can open on Hard and third on Elite.

VIP's can always open on Elite difficulty first run of the quest.
Ok, I got you. I have a few lives behind me, so that's not a problem. Is there any other reason to run hard or normal first? I've seen leveling guides that specify one before the other.