Still no news about VIP upgrades...

Sarlona Raiding

If gold rolls a day was "Too Much" because it wasn't financially responsible, then won't the New Vip be something less than daily gold rolls?

Think about how much you like Daily Gold rolls. The new VIP will, by definition, bring you less than that. THAT'S the ballpark they are aiming for.

It depends what they mean by fiscal responsibility. My understanding is that part of the problem with daily dice is the massive storage of the xp nuggets and other rewards across the entire player base. So I would say not necessarily less value, but probably something that will result in less storage than daily gold rolls for sure.

Jasparius

If gold rolls a day was "Too Much" because it wasn't financially responsible, then won't the New Vip be something less than daily gold rolls?

Think about how much you like Daily Gold rolls. The new VIP will, by definition, bring you less than that. THAT'S the ballpark they are aiming for.

Financially irresponsible would be giving less and having more people drop back to Premium.

mikarddo

They dont really need to invent the wheel.

500 -> 750 ddo points every month
+10% - > +15% vip xp
Let Vet 1 (start at level 4) work after a TR.

Problem solved. Dont add a crappy "something irrelevant" every month system.

Jasparius

They dont really need to invent the wheel.

500 -> 750 ddo points every month
+10% - > +15% vip xp
Let Vet 1 (start at level 4) work after a TR.

Problem solved. Dont add a crappy "something irrelevant" every month system.

For item 3 I bet as soon as they say Vet 1 then people will be bugging them to make it Vet 2.

I think your items are pretty good.

dur

aka Cybersquirt

Remember when, what was it called - Premium - got daily gold rolls over VIP? VIP got ***** n now it's a bonus. Guess I should'a seen the skills nerf coming.

PersonMan

Personally, I understand where and why expansion packs have been not included with VIP (financial).

However, given most mini and full expansions are fairly large. I'm surprised VIP doesn't offer a partial access to the content given that there's often enough quests in an expansion where it can be split into various parts or acts. MotU could have the Battle for Eveningstar offered for free to VIP, but if VIP players want more, they will need the trove or have the full expansion. Shadowfell Conspiracy could have had parts of Wheloon and Stormhorns put together to allow access but not the entire set of quests. Ravenloft could have been given just Chain 1. And so on.

This way, VIP doesn't overstep onto the purchase of the full expansion (or trove) itself, but when given the appropriate quests, then permits enough of a taster to have players want to pay out for the full thing. Especially since much of the gear sets are spread out between quests that are not accessible from just access to one portion of the expansion.

That's just my thoughts on the expansion quests and VIP access.

J1NG
Would be cool if VIP got access to expansions once they hit the DDO store in the same way that a premium gets it from buying via DDO points.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
..would be cool if we could upgrade those Expansions "bought with points" with USD, but no. lol