Storm the beaches bug?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Bug Report Number:
It's been a while since I took this route in Storm the Beaches, as I usually take swim but since my warlock life has short range on attacks I came in from above this life to deal with the balistas. Mobs on the other side of this gate (just around the corner from sight) used to agro on me and open the locked gate to try and kill me. Now it's like they don't even care that I'm there. Did the mob agro/lag changes a few updates back break this route in the quest? (I ended up just backtracking and taking the underwater entrance to finish)

Lazuli

It happens sometimes, leave the room and come back in, usually they end up reacting, sometimes it's like they didn't register your entry, so going back to the room seems to work.

Also, it takes them a while to realize your presence. I do this route very frequently and I have not noticed that this bugs more frequently, it usually works (wait a minute for the mobs to "wake up") or if it bugs, step out and in the hallway works too. In my experiencie at least.

Have you tried this?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
It happens sometimes, leave the room and come back in, usually they end up reacting, sometimes it's like they didn't register your entry, so going back to the room seems to work.
I tried that a couple times, I guess luck just wasn't on my side and I just gave up too easily.

Lazuli

I tried that a couple times, I guess luck just wasn't on my side and I just gave up too easily.
Tsk. Maybe it's a new bug.

It's been a long time since mobs started not immediately noticing your presence like they used to. Now, they usually take a while to notice (1 or 2 mins), or they react when you come back.

But I remember a bug, a long time ago (covid times I think) that I had to give up going there and had to go an alternative route. But it's the only time something so drastic has happened to me.

That's all I can add to the bug. I hope it is useful.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
It wasn't like it was hard for me to just go the swim route either when I couldn't get that gate open. It just struck me as odd that I wasn't triggering them at the gate. Maybe SSG could move the mob behind the gate closer to the gate to speed up detection?

Lazuli

It wasn't like it was hard for me to just go the swim route either when I couldn't get that gate open. It just struck me as odd that I wasn't triggering them at the gate. Maybe SSG could move the mob behind the gate closer to the gate to speed up detection?
Yes, something changed in the detection of mobs, they have been taking much longer to detect us for a few years than before.

Onyxia2016

I ran into this issues/bug enough times that I just go the underwater route instead of playing the "Are they awake lottery".
I have also tried various spells that can get through some objects and they did not work.

Dragavon

I do not think this is STB specific, but an effect of AI adjustments they have made for performance reasons.

Mobs have been getting more and more stupid lately. In quests where mobs have to react a specific way we get problems like this.

Last edited:

droid327

I noticed the same quirk. Used to work 100% of the time...now the Blood Tide seem to have cut back on the guard patrol budget

Honestly IDK why the gate is even locked, anyway, since its not intended to actually stop you from going that way

Lazuli

I noticed the same quirk. Used to work 100% of the time...now the Blood Tide seem to have cut back on the guard patrol budget

Honestly IDK why the gate is even locked, anyway, since its not intended to actually stop you from going that way
I would say by background, by color. It is a closed fortress, but the guards come out to meet you and to stop you.

It's okay to make the world seem "alive." The problem is that now it is bugged.

Savage

Phoenicis' Wife
I do STB evry life and always take that way, never had that gate not open, sometimes gotta wait a bit longer til the mob notices me, but it always got opened for me so far.