Story arcs: Player handbook(ish)?

Zess

So, with the conclusion of the vecna arc, and i've been more and more into tabletop dnd, i started paying more and more attention to the story arc and it's details, but after so many years, so many is spread around, and the zerg, makes it harder for us to focus on the story itself, which is a great part of Dnd

This came to me, with the last vecna quest, i started to think: where did it began? so i went back, around 8 years, and tried to remember the details, of each quest, pack, etc and theres so MUCH information

So i thought of a window, similar to the monster manual that would show summaries/notes/details about the story arc and how they tie together! (for example, we could have the top category codex->vecna/planar eyes/traveler/etc->hidden hand/etc and other arcs!) or even an overall story arc with details for each subarc?
Under each we could find details that would unlock by completing the quest arcs/sagas, with bonus information for completing optionals, slayers, etc (would incentivize for us to do the optionals)

Thats it as a rough though, not sure how it could be developed further! Thanks!

Upvote 6

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
A thing like that would be awesome, really. Might even tie it to favor. You are trusted with more information the higher your favor.
It might be too much of an effort for the gains though. How often are you going to benefit from this? Once for entertainment, twice for jogging your memory?
Nevertheless I would love it.

Cheers,
Titus

Valerianus

Former Captain Of The Rotten Shark
This game has a story?

so it seems. so they say and i trust em. i got too many hits on my head, went thru too many cycles of incredible physical pain and healing and then more pain and then more healing, and deaths and resurrections.....i don't know anymore....i just know i must kill everything that moves where the first person i meet in the streets send me. often i don't even pay attention about what they say. but i am one of the good ones, right?.......right?

i could definetly use a summary about what i did 😅

Arthuvin

I was thinking in posting almost the same thing u proposed. A window similar to the monster manual.

Arthuvin

with bonus information for completing optionals, slayers
This is very interesting. The closest thing I saw was if u let Marguerite live or if u kill her at the end quest of the catacombs chain.
The outcome is written according to your choice.
But for several other choices u make through various dungeons such as mad tea party (if u decide to kill the baron, the baronesa or both) the result is just generic in the quest log and in the questgiver's reaction when u turn the quest in.

Last edited: