Suggestion: Make all lv 29+ minor artifacts have up to 4 filigree slots

Vox

There are a lot of very good artifacts that are simply not used because they do not offer the 4 slot advantage of more recent options.

Please either just blanket increase for all of the 3-slot ones, or give us something to work towards that would add a filigree slot to 3-slot versions.

(may have been suggested previously, can't remember)

Upvote 9

Ooblagato

Hiding in plain sight
The perfected items having +1 over the others made sense given how hard they are to obtain and otherwise general mediocracy of most of their effects. But it completely devalued those when you can casually run isle of dread and get a flexible slot crafting item with 4 slots.

To fix the mistake, they should probably make 4 the standard. It wouldn't be unreasonable to give +1 to raid/exceptional items or offer a way to upgrade any artifact.

mikarddo

I very much hope the new MD loot is kick ass good so I finally have a reason to redo my loot setup and feel good doing so.

I also hope that the quests are kick ass hard, as the current quests are simply too easy even on R10 except for the 4 challenges.

Reactions: DBZ

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
There are a lot of very good artifacts that are simply not used because they do not offer the 4 slot advantage of more recent options.

Please either just blanket increase for all of the 3-slot ones, or give us something to work towards that would add a filigree slot to 3-slot versions.

(may have been suggested previously, can't remember)
The blanket increase is unlikely, as the 4-slot versions were (at least initially) much harder to obtain, but some sort of item to add an extra slot to an older artifact would be great, especially since new Sparks for Sentient Weapons haven't been added since Saltmarsh.

droid327

Spark for ML29 Artifacts, yeah - and have it available for like 50 Star Frags or something, kind of a "Lesser Nebula" upgrade

The extra filigree slot is just worth so much more than any of the affixes on the artifacts themselves, and that's bad design - though even if you correct it, Dbone is probably still going to be the best option in most cases simply for the flexibility and good options available to craft on it.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Gear gets outdated. It's inevitable. Sharn artifacts were great for their time, and during Feywild.

The only thing you *might* see in a future Sharn adventure pack is a way to upgrade old Sharn artifacts to whatever the current level cap is. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

saekee

long live ROGUE
let me make an unpopular suggestion—knock the filgree down to 3 on all artifacts except for the perfected ones.

And no, MD please do not have 5 filigree slots