Suggestion: Please add/expand crafting

Vox

As we start to get excited for another level cap increase, the historic promise of taking paralyzing off one item and adding it to another remains unfulfilled.

Can there please be an added crafting/mutation system that would allow players to incorporate some of the currently non-craftable effects?

Things like guardbreaking, legendary on hit effects (paralyzing, slay living, etc).

Upvote 3

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Yeah. We totally (sarcasm) need more crafting options.. are you speaking of Cannith Crafting, or... ?

Vox

IDK, maybe an option with upcoming MD xpac.

I think we need more lateral choices, rather than just the next powercreep & discarding previous grind & gearing, give us wider options.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Get more specific. OMG there are several crafting systems in place already!

droid327

I think Cannith Crafting definitely has some room for further expansion. The previous CC overhaul did a lot of good, but still held itself short in ways I dont think are required still (if they ever were)

Adding more affixes to the table is definitely plausible, and I'd also like to see the affixes opened up so that any item can hold any combination of prefix and suffix and bonus (just maintain the distinction between "armor and jewelry" and "weapon and offhand" affixes). They're never going to compete with named items, so its always going to be just a gap-filling system...so no real downside in letting us fill in whatever gaps we have with whatever things we need.

I dont think we need to introduce a novel crafting system, though. The Cannith crafting architecture will work perfectly fine for it. I definitely dont think we should be able to pull any affix off any item and craft it onto another, too...that'd end up being too OP. Just add some new, reasonable affixes to Cannith tables. Paralyzing, maybe...Dripping, no :D

Smokewolf

As we start to get excited for another level cap increase, the historic promise of taking paralyzing off one item and adding it to another remains unfulfilled.

Can there please be an added crafting/mutation system that would allow players to incorporate some of the currently non-craftable effects?

Things like guardbreaking, legendary on hit effects (paralyzing, slay living, etc).
NOT until the legacy crafting systems have either been consolidated or removed

popejubal

NO! No more crafting additions. My red and green bags are FULL.

Expand what we can make with existing crafting, please. Reduce the amount of garbage that we have to carry. It's insane.

l_remmie

More cannith crafting options are very welcome and probably needed for a little bit revival.
Also more fancy options that may require rare ingredients etc.
I don't think they should break the restrictions on cannith crafted gear. There is a good reason it is there. Complete versatility in crafting for every slot is not a good thing for a game.

Lootgen also needs a big overhaul to increase the chance of usable loot. For new players and hardcore etc. Lootgen could use a chance to create items without restrictions. Like goggles with constitution and a strength hat.

saekee

long live ROGUE
I proposed something like this here in a thread I made (and I note, few cared): https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?th...nges-could-create-a-fun-in-game-economy.9776/

In short, bring back flexible locations for high level crafters like we had in the old cannith crafting. Sure, add some new stuff too like Freezing or paralyzing; I am neutral on this. (I do miss my heroic lowbie vampiric bodyfeeders with no internal cooldown).

I would push for two insightful suffixes for Legendary crafting.

I would further push for adding mythic bonuses via Cannith Crafting and crunching down mythic items like reaper frags do.

And why not: add augment slots for high level CC, and let us craft augments—none of this is OP.

The side effect will be that people can curse the heck out of double-augmented gear until they get a curse they like. Meanwhile they can dump the unwanted ones onto the AH for others, so we get a great in-game economy and players-helping-players.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Don't hold your breath waiting for Cannith Crafting to ever be expanded. Those kinds of abilities will be limited to expansion content, just like Dread and Vecna.

droid327

I don't think they should break the restrictions on cannith crafted gear. There is a good reason it is there. Complete versatility in crafting for every slot is not a good thing for a game.
There was a good reason it was there. Now that flexibility doesnt have much value, because combining set gear is the main priority when designing gearsets. Whether that Tetris leaves open goggles or belt doesnt really make much difference balance-wise, its still just one slot. No one's going to eschew named items for a full set of crafted gear just because they can mix and match all the affixes...at least not while the most important unique affixes and set bonuses remain unavailable on crafting.

Lazuli

Flexible shards are really necessary in cannith crafting, since otherwise CC is hardly useful. Nowadays it is only useful to cover gaps in sets, and that fails if we are restricted in the stats that we can include in each slot.

erethizon1

The last Cannith Crafting update was amazing and I'm patiently waiting for the next update to the system. I still break down every piece of gear I get in the crafting machine and never sell them outright for platinum, whether the item be level 1 or level 32. I'm definitely hoping that crafting will one day be useful again.

As for the update I hope they make, crafted gear that levels with you. When you add strength to an item it doesn't come with a minimum level but instead adds an amount of strength to your character equal to whatever the Cannith crafting table says is appropriate for the level you are now. This would allow you to make one set of gear (or one item if you are making up for weakness in your other sets) and use it for the entire game. Rather than having to make multiple sets that you quickly level past because each item has a set minimum level with a set amount of power.