Suggestion: Please implement the weather system into more quests

Vox

There is a quite good weather system in DDO, however it only seems to feature in a few earlier quests & some wilderness & Stormreach hubs.

If you've seen the rainstorm effect while running Mired in Kobolds you'll know what I mean.

I think this could be put to good use for making heroic content legendary, to help show differences in the content (+ a quest rework a la epic 3BC rather than just the lazy HP bloating).

Could be good for Myth Drannor quests & if there is free mini arc to introduce it.

Upvote 0

Blerkington

I did a favour run of Mired recently and the bad weather greatly reduced the visibility distance. Since I was at cap it didn't matter, but if I'd been running it at level on a challenging difficulty it would have made a real difference to how I'd run the quest.

I don't remember ever noticing this in a quest before, but it's very noticeable in some wilderness areas. I've reset wilderness instances like Saltmarsh when I was doing a circuit and needed to see distant landmarks because I didn't know the area well.

Lazuli

I did a favour run of Mired recently and the bad weather greatly reduced the visibility distance. Since I was at cap it didn't matter, but if I'd been running it at level on a challenging difficulty it would have made a real difference to how I'd run the quest.

I don't remember ever noticing this in a quest before, but it's very noticeable in some wilderness areas. I've reset wilderness instances like Saltmarsh when I was doing a circuit and needed to see distant landmarks because I didn't know the area well.
Yes, that happens relatively frequently in Mired in kobolds, and in other quests located outdoors. In the wilderness it is very common, yes.

But I prefer this not to be common. It is very messy and bothersome to the eyes. Please don't extend the frequency of bad weather, devs. The health of my eyes will thank you.