Syrania Azure Sky Cake Change...This Dev team must hate us...

Mokune

Amongst so many egregious and punitive changes they have made over time this is one of the most disappointing.

It is a HUGE failure but given the general punitive attitude toward players the dev team has it is not surprising.

It would be AMAZING if we could look forward to FUN, EXCITING and ENGAGING changes but time and time again it is simply more STICK IN THE EYE let's screw the players mentality.

YOUARENOTFACING,YOUARENOTFACING,YOUARENOTFACING,YOUARENOTFACING,YOUARENOTFACING,YOUARENOTFACING,YOUARENOTFACING,YOUARENOTFACING,YOUARENOTFACING,YOUARENOTFACING,YOUARENOTFACING,YOUARENOTFACING,YOUARENOTFACING,YOUARENOTFACING.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
They have changed the effects of SO MANY cakes/cookies, etc, I have lost track. I miss the jump boost.

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
I invested a fortune into radiant forcefield cookies back in the day. Then they changed it to a single person Spawn Screen, not even mass. I stopped caring. It is the concept of this game. Just stop caring and don't join the hunt, problem solved.

But if this thread is about the casting direction - I am not entirely sure yet - this problem is major one for a lot of spells and not just this one cake.
And it is additionally insulting that the charge/sp or whatever gets consumed yet the spell can't be casted. And the reason is the lag is so bad the target practically beams from one spot to the other in one instant. So much fun.

Cheers,
Titus

Wizard

Am I missing something? Is this because of hardcore. Don't play it, are the cookies even there?

Isn't Freedom of Movement better on live servers? Not on vendor scrolls or pots. Eternal flask has 10 minute cooldown that doesn't even reset on quest completion.

Jump and featherfall are readily available. Granted both at once with CL 10 is useful at low level. But you get past the low levels fast and I don't think low quests require high jump before Spies lvl 8 and for FF you can use a lvl 1 swap item until augment at 4+

But at higher level FoM is better if you don't wear FoM item and can't cast it.

Dom

Am I missing something? Is this because of hardcore. Don't play it, are the cookies even there?

Isn't Freedom of Movement better on live servers? Not on vendor scrolls or pots. Eternal flask has 10 minute cooldown that doesn't even reset on quest completion.

Jump and featherfall are readily available. Granted both at once with CL 10 is useful at low level. But you get past the low levels fast and I don't think low quests require high jump before Spies lvl 8 and for FF you can use a lvl 1 swap item until augment at 4+

But at higher level FoM is better if you don't wear FoM item and can't cast it.
They are working on hardcore. Even though jump and FF are more readily available than FoM, that cookie was a good quality of life cookie even to use on live sometimes. Is it a big deal? Probably not. However, there are plenty of other cookies that are pretty useless that could have been given FoM instead.

Mokune

Ah now I understand it, of course it would have been nice to give a useless cookie FoM.
Yes, this was my main gripe. FoM is easily available and arguably extremely useful if not necessary. FF is easily obtainable. Jump is easily obtainable. Having both on deck in a cookie jar was convenient and helpful. Medusa cookies with the Flesh to Stone effect that never works (ok maybe is works in Casual or Normal idk), Warforged Titan cookies turn into the Convertor effect, Abishai Destroyer effect from eating all 5 color cookies stopped working... It is not *exactly* about one specific cookie. It is more about the bad decision making process the team uses to make changes. WHY DO THEY PUT TIME AND EFFORT INTO CHANGING STUFF IN GAME THAT IS TRIVIAL BUT MILDLY USEFUL TO PLAYERS?

Sylla

I have not turned in a single coin this year. Got tons of cookies in the jar already and i dont use them all year long. You can't use them from the jar directly, you have to put them out and ideally put them on hot bar... They are annoying to use and more useless every year.

Classic example of DDO wasting dev time on useless stuff that nobody (or majority) dont want or care about. Basically SSG 101.

Mokune

All you guys complaining about cookies. Did you see what they did to the candies in mabar?
Yeah, I did. Got angry, got over it and decided to opt out of getting them. Then the thing with the Hood of Unrest (which I did not take advantage of because Exclusive means Exclusive so figured it was well Exclusive and not abusable). It must be EXTREMELY difficult to code items correctly to prevent weak-sauce useless players from cheating, duping and exploiting.

PaleFox

Ok, it probably a bit against the whole point of this thread... I do find it enjoyable that cookies change from time to time.
The thing is, what one player finds most usable, others don't.

I hardly use any of the cookies or any of the other short boosts found on festival items, heck I can do without any of the eternal flasks.

I do get that people get upset about one particular super useful thingy being changed for their niche build, and then not having a replacement for it on hand.

However, there is House P buffs. FoM can be get from hires at the appropriate level and is hardly a necessity before that level.
Well, according to my experience that is. :)

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
Ok, it probably a bit against the whole point of this thread... I do find it enjoyable that cookies change from time to time.
The thing is, what one player finds most usable, others don't.

I hardly use any of the cookies or any of the other short boosts found on festival items, heck I can do without any of the eternal flasks.

I do get that people get upset about one particular super useful thingy being changed for their niche build, and then not having a replacement for it on hand.

However, there is House P buffs. FoM can be get from hires at the appropriate level and is hardly a necessity before that level.
Well, according to my experience that is. :)
You don't use fom for the icy water in the korthos quests?!? :p

Kheledon

I have not turned in a single coin this year. Got tons of cookies in the jar already and i dont use them all year long. You can't use them from the jar directly, you have to put them out and ideally put them on hot bar... They are annoying to use and more useless every year.

Classic example of DDO wasting dev time on useless stuff that nobody (or majority) dont want or care about. Basically SSG 101.
I use the Shadow Cookie (Superior Nihil) in boss fights when playing a pale master. That's the only one I even bother to collect.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
All you guys complaining about cookies. Did you see what they did to the candies in mabar?
Yeah, I did. Got angry, got over it and decided to opt out of getting them.
I opted out as well—I wonder how many players also followed Steel’s advice.
More and more people will continue to skip stuff that is released or made useless/pointless, which ends up being a waste of development time and resources. If the trend continues, then players will simply end up opting out of playing DDO (extreme scenario).

Lewticris

I was disappointed at first, but my melees will like FOM when running with a bunch of sleet storming casters.

Last edited:
Reactions: DBZ

PaleFox

I've stopped using short buffs years ago, it's just not worth the effort. By the time you're done buffing up the fight is done most of the time.
Or the effect's duration is so short that by the time the cooldown is over, the effect has run off as well... esp when stacking up multiple buffs this way.

Making it a raid-boss fight thing only.